Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2020 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,fairly warm in summer

lovely sunny day,weatherman forecast cloudy with rain or thunderstorms.they are as clueless as boris the clown.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
1 hour ago, MIKE LEVITT said:

lovely sunny day,weatherman forecast cloudy with rain or thunderstorms.they are as clueless as boris the clown.

We still get paid at the end of the month though ?‍♂️

Edited by Nick L
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts
2 hours ago, General Cluster said:

They simply don't get it, Mark... We need rain. And buckets of rain at that!

Maybe on the south you may be needing rain bit here in the pennines water is plentiful there would be no need to worry even if Mays weather had lasted the entire summer.Yorkshires resevoirs are all now interlinked along with many other regions .1995 s Drought conditions will never affect supplies like they did back then.Potatoes have romped on since Mays worrying period.

• Like 1

Posted

Well this is certainly a good day to be at work. Absolutely wretched day out there! 

Posted
4 hours ago, MIKE LEVITT said:

image.thumb.png.ae73c7e4418f679470a2aad00f6d85f6.png

Clueless indeed  

• Like 4

Posted

Weird how many duller than average Julys regionally there have been with years ending in "0"  and this July has continued the tradition. 

The sunshine average for Julys ending in "0"  is about 145 hrs (1961-90 average is about 165hrs.)

That compares to Junes ending in "0" of just under 200hrs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
7 hours ago, markyo said:

I honestly do feel very sorry for folk like your self this summer, so far it has been awful for those looking for heat, even i've come out of sites a few times to temps i wasn't expecting. Lovely for me but for yourself totally crap i'm sure. August still to go and maybe half of September before your chances have gone, fingers crossed you will get a good spell, i'll just have to hide or suffer, it is Summer after all!

I’m predicting an August similar to 1987. With one hot week, and a thunderstorm, with a few days of 29-32c. Then an early September warm spell, but with cooler nights creeping back in. 

Posted
6 hours ago, General Cluster said:

They simply don't get it, Mark... We need rain. And buckets of rain at that!

We don’t need buckets of rain. We’ve had enough of it. Not too much down south, but definitely a steady amount of it.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
8 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

I’m predicting an August similar to 1987. With one hot week, and a thunderstorm, with a few days of 29-32c. Then an early September warm spell, but with cooler nights creeping back in. 

I can't see 30c being broken this year in my area,thankfully.  Next week or so should give us all a better idea where things will go. Suspect brief spells for the south east of heat but apart from that fingers crossed nothing further north.

Posted
33 minutes ago, markyo said:

I can't see 30c being broken this year in my area,thankfully.  Next week or so should give us all a better idea where things will go. Suspect brief spells for the south east of heat but apart from that fingers crossed nothing further north.

This could down as one of the poorest summers for quite some time.

Posted
1 hour ago, Sunny76 said:

We don’t need buckets of rain. We’ve had enough of it. Not too much down south, but definitely a steady amount of it.

Not really true in May I had 1.9mm in April I had 33mm however 85% of that came from 2 days at end of month. The spring was very dry no consistent rain and this summer so far has been similarly irregular. 

Posted

There’s more to it than it says on paper (or online in this case). You could have a totally dry month(s) followed by a couple of days of heavy rainfall, making it look like you’ve had average rainfall for the month. 

The reality on ground is that this won’t really change things. Runoff is a factor as the soil would be bone dry, so the ground and plants cannot take advantage of this. 

A steady, but in no means a washout, pattern of rain is much more useful than weeks upon end of boiling weather, followed by a deluge at the end of it. 

Posted

Would be good from a storm perspective if the warmth hangs around longer in the....

South East, where I actually live.....

I cant post what may be good for other areas further north, that would be plain daft.

Posted
1 hour ago, Daniel* said:

Not really true in May I had 1.9mm in April I had 33mm however 85% of that came from 2 days at end of month. The spring was very dry no consistent rain and this summer so far has been similarly irregular. 

Last winter was very wet. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold

Crap day again, 17°C, damp, overcast. Pretty normal weather here in the good 'ol North West of England so shouldn't really moan but I will anyway cos it's still rubbish!

Posted
43 minutes ago, Damienfire said:

Friday looks like a one day warm spell but extending into Saturday in the southeast. 

90oF looks possible. It’ll certainly be a shock to the system 

• Like 1

Posted

Sadly friday is looking very uncomfortable especially for older folk who need to get shopping done with masks on, really hoping its only a 36hr increase in temps, will be so much harder for many if not at this time.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
19 minutes ago, markyo said:

Chucking the teddy out of the pram.

We'll need to practice that particular manoeuvre before we head on into winter, Mark... What with all the talk of 'low solar minima' doing the rounds, we could well be in for a toy-throwing spectacular...?!:gathering:

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, General Cluster said:

We'll need to practice that particular manoeuvre before we head on into winter, Mark... What with all the talk of 'low solar minima' doing the rounds, we could well be in for a toy-throwing spectacular...?!:gathering:

I suspect it will be Teddies at the ready for the up coming season!

• Like 1

Posted

I want some 90f weather next weekend please, but also wish for a very cold snowy period this coming winter. Hopefully minus 2, with snow and clear crisp sunny skies.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
4 hours ago, markyo said:

Sadly friday is looking very uncomfortable especially for older folk who need to get shopping done with masks on, really hoping its only a 36hr increase in temps, will be so much harder for many if not at this time.

I replied to this post before but it got removed for some reason. But my point still stands that the fact that you're worrying over one day of 25-30C in high summer is laughable really. We should realistically expect at least one such day in late July/early August even in the north. If you are that worried about wearing a mask in such high temperatures, then I suggest you do your shopping on another day, online or in the morning or the evening.

And I bet older folk would struggle a lot more on icy/snowy pavements and bitterly cold conditions in winter than hot weather for a day or two. The former is a lot more dangerous for the elderly.

Edited by East Lancs Rain