Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2020 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

Posted

Went fishing to the local pond yesterdsy but had to pack up as it was just too cold & windy although it is a rather exposed location. Today we've swapped the wind for rain so not feeling as cold but 16.5c on a July afternoon is joke.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Take it back about not feeling warm, I came back from my lunch break walk a bit sweaty! Should have stuck with shorts today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

A couple of reasonable days here although right on the coast where I am it’s still struggled to reach 20°C and when it has done it hasn’t lasted long before dropping back. I know inland areas nearby have fared a bit better but doesn’t look like it’ll last much longer. 

Edited by matt111

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

have a big thunderstorm rolling through..it is pitch black outside almost like the middle of the night even though its 8am in the morning

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Another frustrating day here in Worcs. The morning was actually really nice, with a decent amount of sunshine and the hint of some proper warmth building. Since early afternoon it's turned around and it's now raining with 100% cloud cover and a nagging breeze. Not even remotely close to this morning's pleasant-looking MetO regional forecast.

In terms of everyday experience, rather than record-keeping, I don't really care about what the daily means might be. It's what the weather's like in the daytime that's far more important. And on that score, this has been a very poor month, undoubtedly the worst July here since the 2012 disaster.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter
1 hour ago, cheeky_monkey said:

have a big thunderstorm rolling through..it is pitch black outside almost like the middle of the night even though its 8am in the morning

I'm so jealous. You are getting some weather, and a very interesting kind at that.

Posted

Hopefully holiday makers are happy enough with the weather down here so far this week. Low 20's and sunny or sunny spells.

This was yesterday, warm enough for shorts and t-shirt especially doing a walk like this.
image.thumb.png.c3fa2a8f6ca9cb7562fa0da037d446bf.pngimage.thumb.png.e0d35bc1955aa23ba1f77e8da77da08e.pngimage.thumb.png.db1d345717bab5c6faa19c1d8b38b178.pngimage.thumb.png.d7563ed29376d9eb7e17626c12bb03c8.png

Felt hot enough in the sun.. I'd like some 'warm evenings' weather but that would probably mean it's a bit hot to do walks like this in the day (for me at least), so swings and roundabouts. 

Looking at the satellite image today.. looks poor away from the south again though.
image.thumb.png.5990ed51f0765a59c1218b1b21405a7e.png

Edited by Evening thunder
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
1 hour ago, Mapantz said:

Only 1 day in the last 11 has failed to reach 21°C here.

Very nice!

love the south, seems great living there, here generally sucks

Posted

Are we gonna see 30c in August? if not why does Ben Rich feel the need to use that word on this evenings week ahead forecast?

To be fair the last 4 or 5 days haven't been to bad.. Nothing great, It started off poor this morning. but there is a slight feel of warmth in the air.Shame its still way below average and not much sunshine.

Posted
4 hours ago, cheeky_monkey said:

Sounds like you have a supercell storm.

I wish we could get one of those again. Haven’t had one in London since August 1981.

Posted
1 hour ago, Evening thunder said:

Hopefully holiday makers are happy enough with the weather down here so far this week. Low 20's and sunny or sunny spells.

This was yesterday, warm enough for shorts and t-shirt especially doing a walk like this.
image.thumb.png.c3fa2a8f6ca9cb7562fa0da037d446bf.pngimage.thumb.png.e0d35bc1955aa23ba1f77e8da77da08e.pngimage.thumb.png.db1d345717bab5c6faa19c1d8b38b178.pngimage.thumb.png.d7563ed29376d9eb7e17626c12bb03c8.png

Felt hot enough in the sun.. I'd like some 'warm evenings' weather but that would probably mean it's a bit hot to do walks like this in the day (for me at least), so swings and roundabouts. 

Looking at the satellite image today.. looks poor away from the south again though.
image.thumb.png.5990ed51f0765a59c1218b1b21405a7e.png

Looks like a nice area. Where is this?

I love having a long country or coastline walk.

Posted
4 minutes ago, Josh Rubio said:

They don’t say it’s best in the SE for nothing!

49E79E62-E46B-4E94-8F76-1B6028CF661D.png

It was 24oC today here. It’s been a fantastic summer IMO for me IMBY. Having lived in different parts of the UK the SE do certainly get the lions share of the nice weather (just have to put up with expensive housing and over crowding - you can’t win them all lol) 

Edited by Coopsy

Posted

A miserable high summer day here, low cloud shrouding everything, drizzle then light rain then moderate rain. Temp languishing at 14 degrees this afternoon - had many a day like it this month. Abysmal!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
3 minutes ago, damianslaw said:

A miserable high summer day here, low cloud shrouding everything, drizzle then light rain then moderate rain. Temp languishing at 14 degrees this afternoon - had many a day like it this month. Abysmal!

but is it 'high summer' up there? thought best months were April and May

Posted
1 minute ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

but is it 'high summer' up there? thought best months were April and May

High summer in terms of it being the time of year when on average we see our warmest weather, but yes, our best weather usually comes April - June in terms of settled dry conditions.

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Coopsy said:

It was 24oC today here. It’s been a fantastic summer IMO for me IMBY. Having lived in different parts of the UK the SE do certainly get the lions share of the nice weather (just have to put up with expensive housing and over crowding - you can’t win them all lol) 

We’ve had a fair share of cloudy days and weeks. It’s been a nice few days in London since Monday. Nice sunsets. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan
3 hours ago, Josh Rubio said:

They don’t say it’s best in the SE for nothing!

49E79E62-E46B-4E94-8F76-1B6028CF661D.png

Sums it up really. I'm not totally unrealistic, I know SE England is always more likely to get the drier, warmer, sunnier conditions in summer. But this is getting ridiculous now. If you don't live in the SE, this is a very, very poor July. Looking at the forecast for the next few days, I reckon it's now almost certainly going to be the third worst July IMBY of the 21st century so far.

Posted

It’s almost as if the SE has a lot more in common with the near continent weather wise as opposed to the rest of the country. 

I’m hearing the grass is dry and yellow down south, yet here it is lovely and green. Just sums up the difference in the amount of rain places have had!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
3 minutes ago, Josh Rubio said:

II’m hearing the grass is dry and yellow down south, yet here it is lovely and green. Just sums up the difference in the amount of rain places have had!

Yes it is. I posted this a few days ago 

8794F224-D20A-4014-A55C-B3AEB8B2F8C5.thumb.jpeg.eea776b1107b93ee6bf8712768738850.jpeg

It hasn't been particularly warm here, just dry. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

Not even got above 20C here all month & it only reached that on one day. Manchester airport has only reached 21C. Again on one day. Looking worse than July 2012 here in NW England. Yes this is not the warm magnet like the SE corner of England is but even up here it's been a poor Summer. I'm not a fan of heat but some days in the low 20s would be nice.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

I know some people have touched upon this already, but I noticed today definite autumnal tinges to some trees. The ones that usually turn that lovely deep red colour late August/early September are already going. Strange. I didn't believe it when people were saying on here. I think spring and all its glorious weather must have confused nature- especially given the contrasting dullness recently and the recent cold nights we have had.

Edited by CreweCold
  • Like 1

Posted

Trees turning up here too.I think too its probably to do with a response to accumulative light levels especially after such a sunny spring where the tree feels it has had season worth of light with its resulting growth and then feels it needs to hibernate. Thats to say nothing to say about increasing CO2 levels putting even more strain on the trees with excessive growth. Superb levels of growth of plants in the garden too.High UV levels from pollution free skies may also have boosted growth. On top of that having missed a lot of rain in the last few weeks here the ground is now very dry.