Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2020 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

Posted
5 minutes ago, B87 said:

Temperatures were alright overall in 2017 (normal summer would have the June and August temps swapped), but it was a wet and cloudy summer. We had a spell from mid July to mid August where every single day was below normal.

Yes it was poor from mid July to mid August. I’m just saying, it was quite hot for a little while up until the thunderstorms on the 16th or 17th. Do you remember them?

I think those storms were quite widespread.

Posted

Warm and sunny in London, but can see clouds on the horizon to my north, which must be 20-40 miles away. Other areas are still under all that thick muck, so I feel for you guys. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: In summer, a decent thunderstorm, and hot weather. In winter, snow or gale
15 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

Warm and sunny in London, but can see clouds on the horizon to my north, which must be 20-40 miles away. Other areas are still under all that thick muck, so I feel for you guys. 

Still sunny in basingstoke about 40 to 50m to your west but the high cloud is literally a few miles to the nw now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
31 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

Yes the front is moving further south, should reach you guys by evening.

Posted
50 minutes ago, Josh Rubio said:

Another total cloud fest here today. Made worse with it feeling very humid and mild. 

Its so bad, that it can’t even rain, despite all this thick cloud. 

Same here. Just thick cloud and drizzle all day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
34 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

It’s ok it’ll be the south’s turn to be under that tomorrow. Not as if most of us aren’t used to it now 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and blisteringly hot

Yet another autumnal day - slate grey with spells of sometimes heavy rain.  Not particularly cold at 17C but not what you'd expect in  high summer.  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb
7 minutes ago, matt111 said:

It’s ok it’ll be the south’s turn to be under that tomorrow. Not as if most of us aren’t used to it now 

We are due to have rain and 20/16 tomorrow, but then 3 sunny and mid 20s days after.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)
1 hour ago, Downpour said:

Glorious again down here. 
Decent outlook too.

Not everyone lives in London or the SE corner sadly! Hasn’t been bad here either at 24c, but I can certainly understand the frustration, especially in the north and west.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

I find it quite funny that a few people in the MOD thread are saying it hasn't been as bad of a July that people are making it out to be. Almost saying that people are over exaggerating.

However most of these people saying this are based in the South East, where they usually get their own micro-climate of weather compared to the rest of the country. Today is a good example, where almost everywhere apart from the SE has been plagued with thick cloud.  

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, al78 said:

Above average (25-26C) in the south east yesterday and today. Punishment weather comes in tomorrow.

Maxed out @24c where I live so it was average.

Nice enough though.

Posted
17 minutes ago, Josh Rubio said:

I find it quite funny that a few people in the MOD thread are saying it hasn't been as bad of a July that people are making it out to be. Almost saying that people are over exaggerating.

However most of these people saying this are based in the South East, where they usually get their own micro-climate of weather compared to the rest of the country. Today is a good example, where almost everywhere apart from the SE has been plagued with thick cloud.  

It's been a poor July in the SE as well though - cool and incredibly cloudy.

Edited by B87

Posted
58 minutes ago, East Lancs Rain said:

Yes the front is moving further south, should reach you guys by evening.

Thanks for that. I’m losing the sun as we speak. I blame you lot north of Watford

Posted
30 minutes ago, Josh Rubio said:

It’s been very poor in London and southern England since early June, apart from the week of hot weather in June and a few days at the start of that month. Apart from that only the last two days have been what you call summer weather days. 

Posted
38 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

It’s been very poor in London and southern England since early June, apart from the week of hot weather in June and a few days at the start of that month. Apart from that only the last two days have been what you call summer weather days. 

I suppose the definition of 'poor' for each of our own homes is open to a wide variation of expectation. I hardly think the London area over the period you comment on has had 'poor' weather be it temperatures each afternoon, sunshine or rainfall amounts but cel a vie I suppose.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

I thought June was alright here in Exeter, very wet admittedly but quite warm with close to average sunshine.  Two thunderstorms on the 11th and 17th and warm/hot sunny weather on the first two days and 22nd-26th stick out.  The first half of July has been quite cool and dry but very dull (it seems to have been a dull first half of July everywhere, even in the dry south), with little in the way of notable weather events either, but sunshine amounts seem to me to have picked up a bit recently, so there is still scope for July to be "saved" if the second half proves to be substantially sunnier than the first half.  

Next week certainly looks like having more sunshine down here (though maybe not in the north), but the current model outputs for the last week of July suggest that things could cloud over again - it could change nearer the time though.

Edited by Thundery wintry showers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

70DA2DFF-CD26-4350-A098-ACC81370D352.thumb.jpeg.3b145554dc825f3aa7d8718f6f497f26.jpeg

Looks like it’s time to pack your bags and head for the coldest place in the northern hemisphere again. Not long after recording 38c, we are getting another week of low to mid 30s in Verkhoyansk. Serious heat.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
59 minutes ago, johnholmes said:

I suppose the definition of 'poor' for each of our own homes is open to a wide variation of expectation. I hardly think the London area over the period you comment on has had 'poor' weather be it temperatures each afternoon, sunshine or rainfall amounts but cel a vie I suppose.

Whinge, whine, moan, moan, whinge... Gordon Bennett!:oldlaugh:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: In summer, a decent thunderstorm, and hot weather. In winter, snow or gale
1 hour ago, Sunny76 said:

Thanks for that. I’m losing the sun as we speak. I blame you lot north of Watford

Further west we still have the sun, which is surprising as west usually clouds up first in these situations (but not complaining seen as were having bbq no 2 of the year).  The cloud has actually broken up on reaching us here..

Posted
1 hour ago, johnholmes said:

It has been very poor on cloud cover alone today and yesterday the large exception. It’s not been cool or unsettled.

Posted
1 hour ago, johnholmes said:

A lack of sunshine is poor in my book. Endless days of cloud and no sun or very little of it, just doesn’t class as summer. It’s a very poor spell of weather. And it wasn’t that warm to boot. Either cold or feeling humid and muggy. 

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, johnholmes said:

It's had excellent weather if you live in the north. It's clearly been subpar compared to a typical London summer.

June was warm, cloudy and wet. July maxes have been about 1.5-2c cooler than normal, and sunshine maybe 50-60% of normal.

Edited by B87

Posted
3 hours ago, Sunny76 said:

Suns just starting to come out here, after being cloudy all day (high of 17C). Pity it will be setting in about 30 minutes time!

Will be be a cold night with temperatures dropping into single figures here, and tommorow will be mostly sunny but still cool (only 17/18°C).

Weathers completely different up here lol.

Edited by East Lancs Rain