Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2020 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: In summer, a decent thunderstorm, and hot weather. In winter, snow or gale
43 minutes ago, matt111 said:

Well it feels more like July today here but still can’t get rid of the cloud. 

Yes this month it's all been about the cloud.  I wouldn't mind the below average temperatures if we actually had some interesting weather.  Westerlies so far this month have failed to deliver any convective, showery days (here anyway) and that is much more interesting than a cloud fest.  Anyway, it is usable for running, and there is some warmer stuff incoming for tomorrow.. gotta see the positives! 

A very boring 1st half of the month

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
1 hour ago, al78 said:

The only reason why people get so excited about snow and heat/thunderstorms is because of its rarity in the UK. If we had a continental climate we'd get those every year and no-one would bat an eyelid.

If only!

Posted
24 minutes ago, SummerShower said:

Yes this month it's all been about the cloud.  I wouldn't mind the below average temperatures if we actually had some interesting weather.  Westerlies so far this month have failed to deliver any convective, showery days (here anyway) and that is much more interesting than a cloud fest.  Anyway, it is usable for running, and there is some warmer stuff incoming for tomorrow.. gotta see the positives! 

A very boring 1st half of the month

Lol I fail to see the positives when my whole two weeks of annual leave has been dominated by dreadful summer weather.

I couldn’t escape to Latvia this summer, which was the original plan, and we would have been over there under normal circumstances, but due to the Covid summer, we had to stay home.

Just a shame about the weather being poor on my actual time off from work. 

However, the plus side was, we actually had a few days down at the south coast, just to get away from London. 

Posted
17 minutes ago, DAVID SNOW said:

A better start to the 2nd half of July...suns out! ha.

Yeah, just in time for when I return to work on Monday morning, in my security uniform lol. Fun times.

Posted
8 minutes ago, Wildswimmer Pete said:

Yet another day of overcast and sub-normal temp.

Some people on here are lapping this god awful weather up. I have no idea how anyone in their right mind enjoys this crap fest of weather, when we have to endure this during the autumn, and winter months. Plus, this is far more boring and tedious than a continuous spell of sunny dry weather. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb
1 minute ago, Sunny76 said:

Some people on here are lapping this god awful weather up. I have no idea how anyone in their right mind enjoys this crap fest of weather, when we have to endure this during the autumn, and winter months. Plus, this is far more boring and tedious than a continuous spell of sunny dry weather. 

Hopefully those people get treated with a repeat of December 2015 this winter then, if they like these conditions so much.

Posted
4 minutes ago, B87 said:

Hopefully those people get treated with a repeat of December 2015 this winter then, if they like these conditions so much.

You see, this is where I will disagree a little. I’m one of those people who thinks, if I have to endure a crap summer, please give me a cold winter with frost and a bit of snow mixed in. 

I don’t want another 2002, but give me a 93/94 winter, if this is going to be as bad as 1993. 

Another example would be 2017/18, while not a snowy winter overall, it was much colder in many areas on and off. 

The worst combination is having to witness a dull summer bookended by mild winters. 

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

You see, this is where I will disagree a little. I’m one of those people who thinks, if I have to endure a crap summer, please give me a cold winter with frost and a bit of snow mixed in. 

A crap winter to me IS a cold winter. If I never have to endure a December 2010 or a March 2013 ever again I will be happy. My average winter high is 8-9c, so something like that or warmer is my ideal. 

Feb 2019 was a fantastic winter month.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
13 minutes ago, B87 said:

Thats harsh,even i wouldn't wish a crap Summer weather wise for those who love the season!!!

Posted
7 minutes ago, markyo said:

Thats harsh,even i wouldn't wish a crap Summer weather wise for those who love the season!!!

Plenty on here do! I don't even need a hot and sunny summer. Just give me 23-24c average highs and 200 hours sunshine and I will be happy. An average one will guarantee 4 or 5 days of 30c as well.

Edited by B87

Posted
52 minutes ago, B87 said:

That was certainly the worst seasonal month in the last decade. Weather should be dictated by the season, fantastic..no, awful yes.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
17 hours ago, Weather Enthusiast91 said:

Roll on my favourite season: Autumn. Barring last year's, that season usually brings us many kinds of weather. Whether it be warm sunny days with cool misty nights, good storms, showers, you name it. 
In the meantime though, let's hope that August ends up being more interesting than this July.

Erm... We’ve already got it. We also had autumn weather throughout most of the winter as well...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
1 minute ago, markyo said:

That was certainly the worst seasonal month in the last decade. Weather should be dictated by the season, fantastic..no, awful yes.

It did feel unseasonable but in enjoyed it for how exceptional it was. Being able to wear shorts in February was amazing. We had much better weather during that month than anything this “summer” has managed to bring.

Posted
7 minutes ago, East Lancs Rain said:

It did feel unseasonable but in enjoyed it for how exceptional it was. Being able to wear shorts in February was amazing. We had much better weather during that month than anything this “summer” has managed to bring.

So being able to keep cool and work comfortably in this July has been amazing for me...unseasonable but i've enjoyed how exceptional it has been.

1 hour ago, B87 said:

A crap winter to me IS a cold winter. If I never have to endure a December 2010 or a March 2013 ever again I will be happy. My average winter high is 8-9c, so something like that or warmer is my ideal. 

My second favourite winter month of the decade after December 2010. I remember it was also sunny with temperatures about 15C - beautiful

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
15 minutes ago, markyo said:

Much preferred the unseasonal warmth of Feb 2019 to the unprecedented storminess of the February just gone. I could actually sit outside at cafes with a coffee, and go for walks in a light jacket, dry underfoot. A small bonus... it snowed right at the beginning!

Anyway, back to the summer discussion - it has actually been summery here this afternoon!

• Like 1

Posted

Another disappointment looked like clearance was coming to London but nope if anything it got cloudier and thicker. Bugger. Sunny southwest of London.

C7296EB3-5E28-4E80-9601-B5BBF83ED037.thumb.png.f51a20e1c76b66b66b3f720c25ffe84e.png

Posted
1 hour ago, Sunny76 said:

Just a thought, maybe people could be allowed to like whatever weather they wish? After all, it doesn't effect the actual weather... 

A better day here today, 23C and sunny.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

I’d take this for the next 6 weeks... Sunny with scattered cloud and warm at 25°C.. 86B6CBED-D007-423C-88F9-944EDB5D97AD.thumb.jpeg.d97746f47ebd132ff6c8dbf1911b9b4a.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted
22 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

It's very August 2008esque at the moment, the last 3 weeks has been persistently dull with only odd sunny spells. 

Imagine how bad August will be then?!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything non-disruptive, and some variety

I haven't checked to see if someone has already posted this, but the 700mb geopotential height anomaly from 1st to 14th July looks like the anomalous northwesterly pattern, and explains why temperatures have been suppressed.

compday.qy316nkKfc.gif

• Like 2