Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2020 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb

We need to have a top 5 sunniest August soon.

• Like 1

Posted

Should have stored all the Vitamin D we had from the sun in April and May for this summer. Feeling very deprived of it now!

• Like 1

Posted

Should have stored all the Vitamin D we had from the sun in April and May for this summer. Feeling very deprived of it now!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

certainly lately trend developing, Nov to Feb raging Atlantic, March Atlantic quietens dowm, April/May/early June, winds from east or north very common, mid June to late Aug, westerlies dominate, Sept, 0ct probably the most mixed months,

• Like 1

Posted
31 minutes ago, damianslaw said:

Posted

Last couple of weeks been a bit dull, but I am SO grateful we havnt got 30c+ temps and hot sticky nights. There is a god!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts

I joked with my brother at the end of May that it could be feasable that we had already had our summer but even i never thought for a second that would possibly become true.With August a couple of weeks away which is almost ominous when you mention it ,it is not looking good at all.We may not see summer again until September or May 2021!

• Like 1

Posted
50 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

Maybe the next winter will have a prolonged cold blocked spell. I guess everyone would get fed up with that pretty quickly to.

Nope, not me.....

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

Roll on my favourite season: Autumn. Barring last year's, that season usually brings us many kinds of weather. Whether it be warm sunny days with cool misty nights, good storms, showers, you name it. 
In the meantime though, let's hope that August ends up being more interesting than this July.

Edited by Weather Enthusiast91

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

This has been posted on here before but it's probably appropriate again right now 

image.thumb.png.7d410e3d858b175c483ea69cf914b74c.png

• Like 5

Posted
59 minutes ago, Nath said:

Last couple of weeks been a bit dull, but I am SO grateful we havnt got 30c+ temps and hot sticky nights. There is a god!!

I understand that, but I would rather a 25-27c period of sunny days and hot weather, over this rubbish. At least the heat would make it feel like summer. This current dull weather makes everything depressing. 

• Like 1

Posted
49 minutes ago, hillbilly said:

I joked with my brother at the end of May that it could be feasable that we had already had our summer but even i never thought for a second that would possibly become true.With August a couple of weeks away which is almost ominous when you mention it ,it is not looking good at all.We may not see summer again until September or May 2021!

I had a feeling the summer weather would end once we moved into the second week of June, and not have a proper return until September. 

I still think a hot week in August will transpire, with a thunderstorm mixed in, but other than that, the autumn will arrive. 

Posted

I hope we get a hot September to offset the rubbish of June-August, and then a warm October. It made 2011 a lot better than it would have been with the non summer that year.

• Like 2

Posted
10 minutes ago, B87 said:

I hope we get a hot September to offset the rubbish of June-August, and then a warm October. It made 2011 a lot better than it would have been with the non summer that year.

Yeah, but that means another mild winter.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

I'd like a mild winter. 

Posted
13 minutes ago, B87 said:

I'd like a mild winter. 

I would like to see some snow, given how the last two have been virtually snowless in my neck of the woods. But, a mild winter might be better to combat the Covid virus.

A mild winter will almost likely give us the same time of weather we have now, with endless days of cloud and damp conditions. I would prefer cold frosty sunny days.

• Like 1

Posted

London's cloudiest July on record was 1965 with 130 hours. This month looks on course to beat that at the moment.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter
45 minutes ago, matt111 said:

This has been posted on here before but it's probably appropriate again right now 

image.thumb.png.7d410e3d858b175c483ea69cf914b74c.png

It may have been posted before but I have certainly never seen it up until now. Thank you for making me laugh.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
6 hours ago, B87 said:

2011 comes to mind. August 2011 also managed 30c though.

Ah yes very close again. Scraped 25C on the 04th and 27th though.

Actually on looking again, I didn’t even get to 30C in June. It was a summer without 30C!

Edited by MP-R

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything non-disruptive, and some variety
53 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

There isn't any significant correlation between the temperature anomaly in September or October and the upcoming winter using the Central England Temperature data, at least from 1950-2019.

Sep_OctvsDJFCET.png

• Like 1

Posted
11 hours ago, Sunny76 said:

In all honesty, as a 44 year old, I can count a handful of decent Augusts.

1983, 1984, 1989, 1990, 1995, 2003, 2005 and more recently 2013, with 2018 being sort of half decent. 

That’s 9 Augusts I can confidently say were close to good or very good. Just goes to show how poor August is or mediocre it really is when compared to June and July. 

I would add in 1991 there, what about 1997?

Another way you could look at it and maybe more appropriate given what has happened so far, is when has August being the best month of a poor summer?

1987, 1988?, 1998, 2007, 2012,  maybe others can add to that list

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
40 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

I would add in 1991 there, what about 1997?

Another way you could look at it and maybe more appropriate given what has happened so far, is when has August being the best month of a poor summer?

1987, 1988?, 1998, 2007, 2012,  maybe others can add to that list

Ironically, Aug 2007 ended up being just as wet here as the months preceding it. Big storm fired up in situ on the 7th and dropped a couple of inches of rain and hail. Never seen anything like that...I'd watched it build overhead for about an hour before the pyrotechnics started.

Found a poor quality vid of it on YouTube

Also found an old article on the flooding it caused

WWW.CHESHIRE-LIVE.CO.UK

A CLEAN-UP operation is under way after torrential rain caused flash floods in parts of Crewe on Monday evening.

and another

WWW.CREWECHRONICLE.CO.UK

FLASH floods turned streets into rivers and sent stinking waste pouring into cellars after torrential rain and thunderstorms hammered Crewe.

Edited by CreweCold
  • Like 3