Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2020 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

Posted
1 hour ago, mushymanrob said:

the outlook doesnt look "poor" to me

610day.03.gif

Only if that comes off though.

The models aren't backing that up yet. Maybe tonight they'll change.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
37 minutes ago, cyclonic happiness said:

I just have lots of blankets.   Also, you wake up straight away in the morning after throwing the covers back on a frosty morning....highly invigorating

That by far is the best way to wake up! In summer i find the opposite occurs,restless night then waking to a bedroom 20c plus in daylight,awful and draining. It is far far easier to warm up than cool down i find. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/hadobs/hadcet/cet_info_mean.html

CET is now down to 15.4°C, 0.3°C below the 1960-1991 average and almost as cool as June’s CET. And that’s taking into account the mild nights that we’ve had recently. Wouldn’t be surprised if we had a sub 15C July this year. At least the cold summer lovers will be happy.

Edited by East Lancs Rain

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

As much as i would like that (not had a sub 15.2C July since 1988) the Euro was not supportive this morning so heatwave or just a bit warm i tend to discount that. The more likely landing zone if we return to the Atlantic is the 15.3-15.8C requirement for the coolest July since 2012.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter
2 hours ago, markyo said:

air con is set to 16c. Just can't stand a warm bedroom! It would be impossible for me to sleep in a room over 20c. For me summer months are hell for sleeping,also blinking expensive!!!!

Same here. 

Edited by Weather Enthusiast91
  • Like 1

Posted

The summer was mediocre but today it’s dawned on me this is poor. There’s one poster in here from London who acts like it’s been normal well it certainly hasn’t been. It’s dullest opening week to July in London since 2012. And this constant drizzle is revolting. 

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)
8 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

The summer was mediocre but today it’s dawned on me this is poor. There’s one poster in here from London who acts like it’s been normal well it certainly hasn’t been. It’s dullest opening week to July in London since 2012. And this constant drizzle is revolting. 

Absolutely foul. Grey as winter all day here in Cambridge, currently 15c and piddling it down again. Such a bad run of weather.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb

July so far. Cool, wet and very cloudy.

WWW.METEOCIEL.FR

Résumé mensuel des observations météo ( températures minimales et maximales, précipitations et ensoleillement) de la station...

Only a few more days of this, and then a return to normality.

WWW.WEATHERONLINE.CO.UK

London weather forecast 14 days - Rain risk - Wind direction - HDD CDD

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

It’s been fine in my room; the cloudy and cool weather has meant that my room doesn’t warm up much (stays around 18-20°C) Much better than the high twenties my room stayed at during the June ‘heatwave’.. but get one day with blue skies and in the mid 20s and them conditions will return; my house insulation is just a heat retainer.

Edited by CheesepuffScott
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Seems I've been lucky here with it being gloomy but mostly dry and briefly reaching 19°C earlier. If that's the best you can get you know it's not great.

• Like 1

Posted
40 minutes ago, matt111 said:

Seems I've been lucky here with it being gloomy but mostly dry and briefly reaching 19°C earlier. If that's the best you can get you know it's not great.

Mostly dry here too, just started raining now though it’s been overcast all day and temperatures struggling max of just 15°C today. Have yet to reach 20°C in July here and we’re now 1/4 of the way through, pathetic.

Posted

I just hope we have some kind of Indian summer because we’re going to need it going into the winter.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

The conveyor belt of crap weather from the UK has reached here, giving a very dreary, cool, wet day with a ‘high’ of 18°C. 

Posted
1 hour ago, Daniel* said:

Spot on Dan!

Several 1000 word posts don't change the facts, its been poor and the models called it.

Lets hope things improve 2nd half of July, TBH I think it will get better, cant get much worse?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, gales, all extreme weather really!
4 hours ago, markyo said:

air con is set to 16c. Just can't stand a warm bedroom! It would be impossible for me to sleep in a room over 20c. For me summer months are hell for sleeping,also blinking expensive!!!!

And me, treated myself a couple of years ago after suffering years and years of bedrooms in houses that don't drop below 30c in the peak of a heatwave and never looked back, we use it most of the year, blissful and subsequently friends have now copied me!  Not sure which air con you have but it barely adds to our bill, it's a high efficiency rating model.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
3 hours ago, markyo said:

That by far is the best way to wake up! In summer i find the opposite occurs,restless night then waking to a bedroom 20c plus in daylight,awful and draining. It is far far easier to warm up than cool down i find. 

Yes I find anything above 18C to be a bit too warm for a good night sleep. Bedroom is close to 20C right now. That's despite the recent cool weather as well & no sun. I find it funny how weather forecasters mention outdoor temps when they mention sleeping.  For me that means nothing. I'm not in a tent outside. The indoor temp is more important. The only thing that could sway it a bit is when there's a fresh breeze blowing through an open window. But that depends on wind direction too. No good if it's blowing on the other side of the house.

Edited by Frost HoIIow
  • Like 2

Posted

Very poor July so far, in a word abysmal. Temperatures - haven't climbed any higher than 18 degrees at any point, mostly maxes have languished in the 13-16 degree category. Average July max for the Lake District 20-21 degrees.

Barely any sunshine, and lots of rain. I'm moaning because well it's justified.

June was poor as well, over twice the normal amount of rain normally expect, duller than average, temps a bit above but nothing exceptionally. 

Heady days of April and May a distant memory now. Watch us have a good September again.

Edited by damianslaw
  • Like 4

Posted

Looking outside you really wouldn’t think it’s summer, yet alone July. Feels more like late autumn to me.

It’s not even the rain that’s too much of a problem, but more of the heavy, consistent drizzle which keeps everything wet. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
13 minutes ago, damianslaw said:

Very poor July so far, in a word abysmal. Temperatures - haven't climbed any higher than 18 degrees at any point, mostly maxes have languished in the 13-16 degree category. Average July max for the Lake District 20-21 degrees.

June was poor as well, over twice the normal amount of rain normally expect, duller than average, temps a bit above but nothing exceptionally. 

Heady days of April and May a distant memory now. Watch us have a good September again.

April/May more summery than Jul/Aug surely in the NW

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
5 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

I think they were across the whole country apart from the brief hot spell a couple of weeks ago. 

Edit: Just realised you're talking in general about the NW although this year it seems the whole country's had a similar experience. 

Edited by matt111

Posted
1 hour ago, stainesbloke said:

The conveyor belt of crap weather from the UK has reached here, giving a very dreary, cool, wet day with a ‘high’ of 18°C. 

Even abroad isn’t safe from getting crap weather in summer! Despite the myth in this country that everywhere in Europe is always hot and sunny in the summer.

• Like 1

Posted
34 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Even the north west isn’t usually this bad in July. Our average July max is around 20°C in the north west region and August is around 19°C, whereas April and May are several degrees cooler on average. Yes it’s a bit duller and a bit wetter than the spring but it’s not normally this bad. 

Posted
50 minutes ago, damianslaw said:

Yes it’s been unbelievably atrocious hasn’t it? Average max here for first week of July standing at just 15°C. Over 60 mm or rain and sunshine hours probably still only in single digits. It’s reached the levels of 2007/2012 now.

Posted

This has July 1980 written all over it.

We are down in Eastbourne right now, just for a 3 day break away from London. 

Despite the poor weather, it’s still been dry enough, while also having that mix of humid warm weather and cool cloudy periods also. 

Posted
9 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

This has July 1980 written all over it.

We are down in Eastbourne right now, just for a 3 day break away from London. 

Despite the poor weather, it’s still been dry enough, while also having that mix of humid warm weather and cool cloudy periods also. 

At least it's not like July 1988. That month was an absolute disaster. It was the last July to have a CET below 15°C, but even more of a shocker was the maximum temperatures. London didn't record a temperature higher than 22°C that month, Plymouth didn't get above 18°C and poor old Lands End didn't even reach 16°C. It rained every day in Cumbria and most places in the South didn't get above 21°C. It was an absolutely diabolical month.

Edited by East Lancs Rain
  • Like 1