Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2020 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

4th day of July and will believe I may have achieved my first sun hour.

• Like 1

Posted

If we make it to mid month and things still look dire, this could go down as the worst summer I’ve ever experienced. Even 2007 had a plume event in July with a cracking thunderstorm.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
1 hour ago, Arctic Hare said:

Well, what a lovely update from the MetO this afternoon for my region. The previous one had several days of dry weather. Now? Every single day for at least the next week has at least some rain. I just want a reliably dry 2-3 days. Is that too much to ask from summer anymore?

Same with the BBC Weather Forecast for me. Rain forecast for most days and temps stuck in the mid teens. Like October weather.

og-image.png
WWW.BBC.CO.UK

14-day weather forecast for BB8.

Posted

This current dull weather is making me feel tired. I have no motivation to go outside when the weather is completely cloudy like the day we have today. 

Very depressing for early July. One day is ok, but it does seem the past week has been lacking in long periods of sunshine. The sunny weather we did get, was in short supply, mixed in with cloudy and even wet periods.

I really hope this isn’t a theme for summer 2020. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: In summer, a decent thunderstorm, and hot weather. In winter, snow or gale
4 hours ago, thunderpants said:

I know it's not ideal weather for people at moment but the sunny may/june with some good spells of rain in some parts of East Anglia and other parts, will bring on the crops which is good news for our farmers and other growers.

Yes.. all the sun in the spring and rain now should also ensure some really good leaf colours come autumn.. let's just hope its not as windy then as it is now!!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, cold!

Mike’s ECM T96, from MOD thread for earlier frames, edit I am providing my final frame by frame commentary on ECM during lockdown, all 10 frames, as I have had to change threads...

A breather as this one takes longer to come out.  

362A7BA3-2C21-4479-B60B-FF2638F8540C.thumb.gif.6973ac721418df98a885c8a6daf2058b.gif

Actually looks quite boring, it will be great to be in the pub instead of sat indoors watching weather like this out of the window.

Edited by Mike Poole
  • Like 1

Posted

Mike’s ECM T120:

AFF1711C-BEAE-4E46-AFA4-5C2267592ED1.thumb.gif.cd3f921a923189844d435c11f3d8ba6a.gif

Well we are 5 days past Super Saturday, have you visited a pub yet?  It seems the ECM has been in the pub since the pub’s reopened, what is this abomination of a chart.  Clue?  Lost it, I think!

Edited by Mike Poole
  • Like 1

Posted

Oops I posted the T144 in the MOD by mistake. Think I got away with it.

Mike’s ECM T168:

51937F42-2001-4148-AE6E-B3368EAC597F.thumb.gif.928e4873d35297a54734592aa3ac3d11.gif

Follows all other models, so that is great for those that want some more proper summer weather as they sit 2m apart in a pub garden. Actually , I think this is the likely outcome, sunny summer weather but not too hot, and no storms...

Edited by Mike Poole
  • Like 2

Posted

Mike’s ECM T192

CBCA4590-7F28-470F-85AC-7D5A7FCBC1E3.thumb.gif.5529dc260816c35fd72dc28af49d382c.gif

Well, it is messy but settled for us, think next weekend may be much more challenging from many perspectives than this one, the weather being one of them.  I think at T192 this is still a realistic outcome, lets see what the next two frames show...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

OK, from an imby South East (south coast) perspective, when will the wind drop? This morning I was looking at next week and it seemed calmer, quieter and even a bit sunny. I get home this evening and it is back to cloud and brisk wind with 30mph gusts. What happened whilst I was out?

Posted

Mike’s ECM T216

75D10777-4812-405E-A7B1-EC65E69698F1.thumb.gif.a8e42b915c028680658b19139518a9b3.gif

Yeah, like, it’s all coming, right, a big flibby flabby flobby  high pressure,  innit.  Power to add possibly.  Note low 500 miles S Greenland.  

• Like 1

Posted

Mike’s ECM T240:

B6F660DB-6535-43E6-9713-67B24BDDD3B2.thumb.gif.2f642b6cb65d42f59f3bc2f30bca3efb.gif

And sliding under so as to only affect the S.  Hey ho.  At least we can go to the pub.  Bye for a while, be in touch if anything significant happens, all the best.

Mike

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any kind of extremes. But the more snow the better.
8 minutes ago, Mike Poole said:

Mike’s ECM T240:

B6F660DB-6535-43E6-9713-67B24BDDD3B2.thumb.gif.2f642b6cb65d42f59f3bc2f30bca3efb.gif

And sliding under so as to only affect the S.  Hey ho.  At least we can go to the pub.  Bye for a while, be in touch if anything significant happens, all the best.

Mike

You OK Mike you've just posted the day 3 ECM chart for day 10...

Your not still in the pub are you mate..

Edit... What a legend you are @Mike Poole

Edited by MATT☀️
  • Like 4

Posted
3 minutes ago, MATT☀️ said:

I’ve been down the pub!

its easily done, the T72 is the default. 

OK, one last  chart from me and I can have a break, The real ECM T240;

F2164461-772F-4588-B05D-2CE1C8A52804.thumb.gif.4ad030a2363b66ee94a69e65a625ce0b.gif

Pick the bones out of that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
9 minutes ago, MATT☀️ said:

Your not still in the pub are you mate..

Edit... What a legend you are @Mike Poole

No, Matt, just went in when it was quiet lunchtime for an hour.  Haven’t stopped drinking since though, obviously. 

• Like 1

Posted

Summer's finally in swing here after an iffy start. Unfortunately so are the mosquitoes following the wet June (we had nearly as much rain as January-May combined). Surprisingly June ended up average or even slightly above temperature-wise, and sunshine recovered to 240 hours, which is slightly below average here. April managed over 320 hours this year! 

Edited by AderynCoch

Posted
1 hour ago, SummerShower said:

Yes.. all the sun in the spring and rain now should also ensure some really good leaf colours come autumn.. let's just hope its not as windy then as it is now!!

Leaf colour seems to have more to do with Autumn sun and night temperature.

The May-June dynamic seems to have generated great berry growth though.

Posted
1 hour ago, Robbie Garrett said:

It's like November outside. What is this.  Eurghh....

image.thumb.png.afff6304284c70590169ce8b8cff78ea.png

Well it’s currently 18°  in London according to my phone...

Posted

Wind finally starting to pick up here now. Finally a bit of wind. We seem to get a lot of rain here but not much wind for some reason! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

Another moan. Next week was meant to be an improvement....now the majority looks again windy, cool and unsettled. This really is dreadful. Can’t remember such a windy and dull spell of summer weather. Dire.

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Robbie Garrett said:

It's like November outside. What is this.  Eurghh....

image.thumb.png.afff6304284c70590169ce8b8cff78ea.png

Thank the lord November is allowed to be mentioned in here!

Over in the other thread someone mentioned it once .... and got jumped on by the mob! lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Not great. Dull and damp all day, just one or two brief spells of brightness this afternoon. Windy too, have had to sort out a few plants and pots in the garden multiple times.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
19 minutes ago, mb018538 said:

Another moan. Next week was meant to be an improvement....now the majority looks again windy, cool and unsettled. This really is dreadful. Can’t remember such a windy and dull spell of summer weather. Dire.

I guess it's going to be regional, but thankfully it looks pretty good for here. Tomorrow will be blue skies, but winds gusting in to the mid-thirties like the past few days. After that, sunny spells and less windy, but still breezy for next week. Temps around 20/21°C - I can live with that!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

17-19°C at 10pm, it's hardly mid December is it?

• Like 2