Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2020 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
og-image.png
WWW.BBC.CO.UK

14-day weather forecast for Lerwick.

However bad it might be in your location right now,  spare a thought for these poor guys up in the Shetland Isles… Weather is like autumn/winter there all year round. Don’t know how people can cope living up there. I’m barely coping myself with the weather down here.

Anyone on the forum from northern Scotland, the Shetland Iles or the Hebrides?

Edited by East Lancs Rain

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
26 minutes ago, East Lancs Rain said:

Surely even you must be getting fed up of the absolutely atrocious weather that we’ve had over the last few days. Unless it’s been a bit better over in sunny Sheffield? 51°C on the shopfloor. Surely not? What do they sell? Cast iron? 

Aluminium manufacture. The folk there were very happy to see the cooler weather trust me!. This weather for me makes life easier,i know many hate it though. Not getting fed up at all with it, lack of headaches,good nights sleep etc. It is very unseasonable though,not summer weather at all,bit like having 15c plus temps in February. Nothing like you would expect at the time of year.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Now the increasingly strong wind has been joined by rain making it feel even more autumnal. Only 14°C too.

Posted

An appalling day (again) here east of the pennines as well. I thought the clag would retreat west as the day wore on but its been persistant drizzle all day and the max has only been 12/13 which is diabolical for early July. A gusty wind too. 

• Like 1

Posted
18 minutes ago, marky810 said:

An appalling day (again) here east of the pennines as well. I thought the clag would retreat west as the day wore on but its been persistant drizzle all day and the max has only been 12/13 which is diabolical for early July. A gusty wind too. 

Yes, and the models have been accurate, disappointing but not a surprise.

Posted
28 minutes ago, marky810 said:

We've had so many of these horrible damp sunless rainy breezy 13/14c days this summer, on top of lots of similar days last autumn and winter. Feels like apart from the Spring we've been stuck in a permanent November. I just want this season of grey to end! 

Posted
9 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

3rd of July and heating has gone on. 

Shameful.

How many times over the years would the heating be on first week of July?

Posted
20 minutes ago, DAVID SNOW said:

How many times over the years would the heating be on first week of July?

For me, never.

The boss insisted. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
40 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

3rd of July and heating has gone on. 

Shameful.

Aye, but July not best month in Ireland, the Atlantic dominates

Posted
1 hour ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Aye, but July not best month in Ireland, the Atlantic dominates

Really?

I spent mid July last year in Wexford. Sunshine every day and not s drop of rain.

Posted

Woeful July weather, incessant rain from dawn until dusk, cloud at 200m level, max temp 15 degrees. Miserable! Oh we have gales to now look forward to on Sunday. Gusts potentially 60mph. Is it mid autumn?

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Thought the wind would drop after the rain went through but it's increased even further since it stopped. Sounds a lot like autumn with the sound of the wind outside. 

• Like 1

Posted
51 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

Really?

I spent mid July last year in Wexford. Sunshine every day and not s drop of rain.

Yeah but up north the weather is usually crap in July, improves slightly in August. Dublin and further south on east coast totally different 

Posted
33 minutes ago, matt111 said:

Thought the wind would drop after the rain went through but it's increased even further since it stopped. Sounds a lot like autumn with the sound of the wind outside. 

Wish we got more wind here but we don't seem to get much here, instead we just get cool temps and lots of rain.

Posted
54 minutes ago, damianslaw said:

Woeful July weather, incessant rain from dawn until dusk, cloud at 200m level, max temp 15 degrees. Miserable! Oh we have gales to now look forward to on Sunday. Gusts potentially 60mph. Is it mid autumn?

You'd think so wouldn't you? Apart from a few weeks in the Spring, the weather seems to be stuck in a permanent Autumn these days, away from the SE anyway. We don't seem to get proper seasons anymore.

This summer is esspecially bad. So much so it just feels as if we've by-passed it completely and gone straight into autumn.

Edited by East Lancs Rain

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

Another dreadful summers day for the UK.

19A485F4-6850-49A6-B297-2360D46FC32D.thumb.jpeg.07247b4876884cba81f1ce88c1d0cddc.jpeg

Seen far too many satellite images like this from just now through the summer. Just little or no sunshine anywhere again

Posted

Another absolutely appalling “July” day. Steady rain all morning, I haven’t seen the sun for days. At least it’s milder today (not like that makes much difference). 

• Like 1

while mild, It’s going to be another poor day ahead 2-4c below average, heavy cloud cover, drizzle and breezy. Expect days like this is October and early November and these are the days that also skew the CET, 18/19c in the daytime with little change overnight. Despite the odd average day in the coming week or so an active jet remains likely and little improvement in conditions despite some of the over optimistic posting and cherry picking in the model thread....

Posted

Thank God I’m going to the south of France next month for a week or two. Absolutely appalling summer here.

Hardly anything on radar but the drizzle is now very heavy, as bad a it gets in high summer. Most of last July brought 22-25c even outside the big heatwave. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

As I've just said in my local Midlands thread, the thing that's annoying me most today is the wind, especially as it's not going anywhere for another couple of days yet. Without that, today would be a just about useable day -- certainly much better than the miserable yesterday in terms of rainfall. Still overcast and a bit gloomy, temps still below par (anything below 21 °C is poor for here in July) and maybe only a short break midweek before the next rain arrives, if some of the most recent models come off.

Spring is the new summer, summer is the new autumn. So I guess autumn should be the new winter with lots of ice and snow!

Edited by Arctic Hare
  • Like 1