Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2020 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb

It's been almost identical to June 2019 in London. Warmer, wetter and cloudier than average.

Today reached 21.7c in London so I'd hardly call it autumnal, unless people are being literal as that would be a typical temperature for the first half of September.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
1 minute ago, B87 said:

It's been almost identical to June 2019 in London. Warmer, wetter and cloudier than average.

Today reached 21.7c in London so I'd hardly call it autumnal, unless people are being literal as that would be a typical temperature for the first half of September.

Can't say for everywhere but what made it feel autumnal here today was the wind. The temperature was only around 16°C for most of the day which without the wind it might not have felt too bad even if it wouldn't have been as warm as I would've liked. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

It's hard to believe it's still June. After the warm & sunny spring and recent cooler, wet & windy weather, it feels more like late August.

And yet we still have 2-3 more months of potential summer weather ahead of us!

Edited by Stabilo19
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Broadly a month of two halves in temperature but damp throughout. Not a month I’m likely to remember.

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Stabilo19 said:

It's hard to believe it's still June. After the warm & sunny spring and recent cooler, wet & windy weather, it feels more like late August.

Agree with the strangeness of everything in recent months, I've lost sense of where we are at this year. I too think it feels like late August past 2-3 days, not late June. Need the sunshine and light back.

• Like 2

Posted
4 hours ago, B87 said:

It reached that at airport of course but SJP had a maximum of 19.9C much more representative for London if a tad on  warmer side being in central.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
10 hours ago, Stabilo19 said:

I was saying the other day how June has felt much more like August. Other than last week’s heatwave, it’s collapsed in instalments. 

Yesterday was probably the most autumnal feeling day so far. Hoodie and jacket in action. The only weekend more autumnal feeling was that fourth weekend in May with the gales.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Would prefer something warmer and drier, but this beats the awful heat of last week so won't complain too much.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Certainly enjoying the lack of sweating and headaches this week,complete contrast to last week!

• Like 1

Posted
10 hours ago, damianslaw said:

Agree with the strangeness of everything in recent months, I've lost sense of where we are at this year. I too think it feels like late August past 2-3 days, not late June. Need the sunshine and light back.

The whole Covid thing has made things very strange. 

It feels like yesterday since late March, and yet, here we are pushing ahead towards September already. It’s like summer 2020 has been written off the calendar.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)
11 hours ago, B87 said:

It isn’t autumnal, but that’s still 1-1.5c below average for London for late June, so it’s hardly great. The strong winds and Frey skies of the last few days have been terrible. So autumnal feeling.

Posted
1 minute ago, Sunny76 said:

The whole Covid thing has made things very strange. 

It feels like yesterday since late March, and yet, here we are pushing ahead towards September already. It’s like summer 2020 has been written off the calendar.

I don’t think we’re pushing towards September yet! It’s not even July!

Posted
43 minutes ago, mb018538 said:

I don’t think we’re pushing towards September yet! It’s not even July!

I know that, but there’s a sense that summer 2020 is slipping away faster than it usually would feel like.

Perhaps it’s something to do with them talking about schools reopening in September. It still feels a long way off, but once the school holidays kick in, it comes round again.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
45 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

I know that, but there’s a sense that summer 2020 is slipping away faster than it usually would feel like.

Really!?! another personal opinion?....feels like summer has been going on for sometime thanks to the very sunny/dry April and May just that this month has been rather disappointing (certainly in relation to the previous months). One third through the season so nothing to be alarmed about.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter
1 hour ago, Sunny76 said:

Perhaps it’s something to do with them talking about schools reopening in September. It still feels a long way off, but once the school holidays kick in, it comes round again.

It is the exact opposite for me. The first half of this year has been dragging and I can't believe we are still only in June. This whole corona business and the lockdown made the last few months feel like more of a drag than usual, whereas a normal year would feel as if it's flying by. 

Posted
37 minutes ago, Froze were the Days said:

Really!?! another personal opinion?....feels like summer has been going on for sometime thanks to the very sunny/dry April and May just that this month has been rather disappointing (certainly in relation to the previous months). One third through the season so nothing to be alarmed about.

June has been poor, and it’s been a poor start to the main summer. Yes, we had a good run in April and May, but if we get an unsettled July, which could be the case, the earlier spell of good weather will be easily forgotten.

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, Weather Enthusiast91 said:

It is the exact opposite for me. The first half of this year has been dragging and I can't believe we are still only in June. This whole corona business and the lockdown made the last few months feel like more of a drag than usual, whereas a normal year would feel as if it's flying by. 

It depends what you are doing. I’ve been working through the whole period, give or take a week here and there to take turns in isolation at home, but it’s moved fairly fast for me.

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

We had our summer during the spring . This month has been forgetful in what I think will be a rather forgetful summer overall.

Posted
9 minutes ago, sundog said:

We had our summer during the spring . This month has been forgetful in what I think will be a rather forgetful summer overall.

That’s how I see it. I can see another hot spell, between now and early September, but nothing lasting more than one week to 10 days, but mostly cool and cloudy weather stuck in the high teens and low 20s.

• Like 2

Posted

I’d be a lot more disgruntled if April and May were poor too. The fact that they were amazing softens they blow somewhat, as I could enjoy a lot of the outdoor sunshine due to the sad Covid situation. 

Posted

Met office 1 to 30 very encouraging for the rest of the month, so there is that cling on to. Sorry but a couple of hot days will not make up for the disgusting summer we have had so far. Rain almost every day, the days that it doesn't rain are cloudy anyway so doesn't make a difference. Worst summer in recent memory by a a distance.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

17°C at Heathrow, that’s pretty crap for the end of June.

Bit warmer and sunnier here in Prague but it’s blowing a hoolie and damaging some of my plants, which is highly annoying! F off wind in summer, vile

Posted
43 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

17°C at Heathrow, that’s pretty crap for the end of June.

Bit warmer and sunnier here in Prague but it’s blowing a hoolie and damaging some of my plants, which is highly annoying! F off wind in summer, vile

Could this be an early indication of a much colder winter ahead? We’ve been here before though, and summer 2019 had some poor days of summer weather.

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

Could this be an early indication of a much colder winter ahead? We’ve been here before though, and summer 2019 had some poor days of summer weather.

There is no strong summer to winter correlation. 

• Like 1