Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2020 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and dry, thunderstorms, mild temps (13-22°C).
2 minutes ago, clark3r said:

And tomorrow’s 31 has now become 28 leaving just one day over 30 degrees.

What are we looking at here? The website still has 31 and 32 degrees for London on 24th+25th.

22 minutes ago, 38.7°C said:

BBC Weather have egg on their face - Fridays "33C" has now become "27C".  

Don’t know where they got it from, for the last 3-4days Friday always looked dodgy so to stick you neck out like that publicly was just silly and a bit daily express like. 

Posted

I wouldn't call this a heatwave, just a blip of pleasant summer weather, before it turns cool again. I'm making the most of it! Still cold in my apartment (was below 20 degrees this morning again). Very comfortable conditions at last.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
9 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

Grrrrrr, horrid thick cloud here again.

This is fast turning into a 2 day wonder locally...

Yes not been so great today. My app says the cloud should properly break up & clear to sunny from 4 but it's a bit late by then...more than half the day gone. Tomorrow looks a better prospect for topping up the vitamin d. Should be no interruptions.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
55 minutes ago, 38.7°C said:

BBC Weather have egg on their face - Fridays "33C" has now become "27C".  

The UKV is showing a few 32's tomorrow, so a 33 is possible, albeit not Friday.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)
8 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

Grrrrrr, horrid thick cloud here again.

This is fast turning into a 2 day wonder locally...

Feel for you @northwestsnow. Nothing more frustrating than a cloudy day when other areas are basking in the sun and heat. Have a fair few of those in easterlies during late spring/early summer here.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)
37 minutes ago, Alderc said:

Don’t know where they got it from, for the last 3-4days Friday always looked dodgy so to stick you neck out like that publicly was just silly and a bit daily express like. 

It could be one of those days where the Far East of the UK (Norfolk/Essex) where the heat hangs in longest and furthest away from the low could squeak a 30c plus. Very hard to say though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!

Models/charts a few days back had us missing out on the highest temperatures. (This far North)

Very interested to see if somewhere in Scotland hits 30C. 

In these setups somewhere like Glasgow usually does well up here - would not be surprised to see a high of 29/30C there on Thursday. (26/27C on Friday)

Three or four days of proper heat down South and two days up here this week with the risk of thunderstorms for some - pretty decent for many of us. (Unless you are not a fan of that weather of course)

I would rather have the Summer weather of Miami every year but the UK will do for now! 

Edited by Mr Frost
  • Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Thundershine said:

What are we looking at here? The website still has 31 and 32 degrees for London on 24th+25th.

BBC news at 13.30 showed 28 the high tomorrow they keep changing it anyway lol

Posted

BBC predicting two days -  tommorow and thursday - with highs of 31C. However the weather channel suggests wednesday will reach 30C and thursday 29C before things cool down. Was forecast for 30C for a few days in essex but its gone to the high 20s now.  Thunder for saturday too. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

Lovely start to the heatwave in London. 

Feeling hot but not unpleasant, DP of just 12°C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
6 hours ago, mathematician said:

A lot of folks aren't really happy unless we hit 35 degrees, go figure... 

Like you can't enjoy the outdoors, the garden, have a picnic, whatever if it's 27, can you? 

I never have understood those wanting such high temps,utterly pointless,you can't do anything in them and that includes sleep! To some extent its like folk want sub -5c daytime temps in this country,its pointless,we can't do anything really, our infrastructure struggles to cope. Extremes of temp are nothing to relish or yearn for but sadly its the way  we are going.

• Like 3

Posted
1 minute ago, Stabilo19 said:

Lovely start to the heatwave in London. 

Feeling hot but not unpleasant, DP of just 12°C.

It literally only just makes the defition of a heatwave. Hardly anythign to write home about. 

Posted
1 minute ago, markyo said:

I never have understood those wanting such high temps,utterly pointless,you can't do anything in them and that includes sleep! To some extent its like folk want sub -5c daytime temps in this country,its pointless,we can't do anything really, our infrastructure struggles to cope. Extremes of temp are nothing to relish or yearn for but sadly its the way  we are going.

Exactly, extreme tempreatures are dangerous, fi things get too cold or too hot people die. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny
Just now, qwertyK said:

It literally only just makes the defition of a heatwave. Hardly anythign to write home about. 

A heatwave is a heatwave. 3 days >28°C for London.

What's the point in categorizing weather events otherwise?

• Like 1

Posted
27 minutes ago, qwertyK said:

BBC predicting two days -  tommorow and thursday - with highs of 31C. However the weather channel suggests wednesday will reach 30C and thursday 29C before things cool down. Was forecast for 30C for a few days in essex but its gone to the high 20s now.  Thunder for saturday too. 

Yes, as i predicted, the crazy high temperatures forecast for the region earlier in the week have been watered down. I suspect somewhere may get to 32c but wont be widespread. Fairly standard June fare for the SE. Two hot days and a rumble of thunder. I do wish they would bring back the laughter emoji.... just for the Mad thread. 

Edited by Wimbledon88
  • Like 1

Posted
54 minutes ago, qwertyK said:

Exactly, extreme tempreatures are dangerous, fi things get too cold or too hot people die. 

4 possible days of very hot weather. It’s not that bad. Yes it will be uncomfortable to sleep at night, but this is part and parcel of summer, when you get nice weather, and nice being anything exceeding 24c and sunny. 

I’m enjoying it, after the rotten weather of the previous two weeks, which gave too many cloudy or unsettled days. You’ll have your wish come the weekend anyway.

Posted
43 minutes ago, Wimbledon88 said:

Yes, as i predicted, the crazy high temperatures forecast for the region earlier in the week have been watered down. I suspect somewhere may get to 32c but wont be widespread. Fairly standard June fare for the SE. Two hot days and a rumble of thunder. I do wish they would bring back the laughter emoji.... just for the Mad thread. 

It’s not crazy, it’s summer. 

Some people just can’t handle a bit of hot weather. I had enough of the 14-20c type weather with rain and cloud. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

High of 31C on Wednesday here according to the Met.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temperatures ≤25ºC ≥10ºC.
8 minutes ago, cheese said:

High of 31C on Wednesday here according to the Met.

I could believe that if the cloud stays away overnight and first thing tomorrow.

Posted

25 degrees here today - feels very temperate and not cool like all the others days of the month have felt so far. Certainly nowhere near hot - a nice breeze, low humidity, and I can still wear 2-3 layers without breaking a sweat.

Edited by Thundershine

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
2 hours ago, markyo said:

Here we go again...

This is my problem with your posts, here's what you said yesterday:

I understand how some love the 30c temps or find enjoyment in looking for the first of the year,its a weather site after all

You've contradicted yourself in less than 24 hours.

It just goes on and on, absolutely no need for this repetition.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather
2 hours ago, markyo said:

Do you like BBQs?