Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2020 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

Posted
7 minutes ago, Weather Enthusiast91 said:

I am not so sure about that. Yes, we have had an unusually dry spring which dragged on and in 2018 a very dry summer, but those sort of events have always been happening here and there. Only a few months ago we have had the wettest February on record. If not the whole autumn/winter period. Our weather is very changeable, so we could quite easily go back to having a long wet spell dragging on for a couple of months at anytime.

Indeed, the EA said in 2035 England would face water shortages. But certainly there are misconceptions about London and rain. It's not even remotely close to the wettest cities in Europe 

• Like 2

Posted
3 hours ago, qwertyK said:

Exactly my point. Harsh winters every year. Heatwaves? No. Glorifying unseasonably warm weather has to stop. It has deadly consequences. 

I don’t think people are glorifying it, I think people are just happy for a summer heatwave after all the cloud this June

Edit: I thought you were talking about here, sorry

Edited by ThundersnowDays

Posted
4 minutes ago, ThundersnowDays said:

I don’t think people are glorifying it, I think people are just happy for a summer heatwave after all the cloud this June

I'm talking about in Siberia 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Looking serious uncomfortable next week,night time temps look shocking. Can only pray this doesn't last to long. Awful.

At last some pleasant conditions next week, evening beach walks, BBQ's, still being able to sit outside into the late evening. Hopefully lots of warm nights as it always feels amazing being down the beach for 7am and its already over 20C. Crank it up as high as possible for as long as possible please!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

DPs look quite high next week, 16-20°C across England & Wales, so it could be quite humid & sticky. Unlike the warmer weather we had during spring.

And with the late June sun strength, it will feel hot for sure  Ice & fans at the ready.. 

Edited by Stabilo19

Posted
19 minutes ago, Alderc said:

At last some pleasant conditions next week, evening beach walks, BBQ's, still being able to sit outside into the late evening. Hopefully lots of warm nights as it always feels amazing being down the beach for 7am and its already over 20C. Crank it up as high as possible for as long as possible please!

Not if your working

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
56 minutes ago, Alderc said:

Agree, it’s summer, it gets hot sometimes. The long evenings at this time of the year are completely wasted if it’s 13°C and cloudy/wet/windy. Here in Prague it looks like getting warmer too next week, can’t wait to be able to sit out late on the terrace and enjoy a cool drink or two. Currently it’s damp, overcast and 16°C, so many days like this in May and June. 

• Like 1

Posted
8 hours ago, B87 said:

I don't think I have ever considered the UK a wet country, certainly not where I am. I never understood the stereotype, when most days thoughout the year are dry, and yellow/brown grass in summer is the norm rather than an exception.

Looks like a great spell of weather coming up, the first real hot spell of the year. Weatheronline showing London with 5 days in a row of 30-32c temps.

Rainfall statistic wise, much of central, eastern and southern England on a worldwide level would be classed as dry. However, much of the rain is spread out evenly through the year, with a spike in late autumn/early winter and temperatures are just at the right level to prevent much evaporation.

However, I certainly wouldn't agree with your summation that most days throughout the year are dry in northern and western UK at least. Yellow/brown grass sometimes appears here in dry warm periods, but grass is very quick to respond to rain.

We have the atlantic on our doorstep and westerlies bring days and days of copious rainfall to western and north western parts especially so. Draw a line from roughly the Humber to the Dorset coast, to the east a much drier climate, to the west wetter. Draw another line from the Firth of Forth to Morecambe Bay - places to the west, much wetter than to the east. 

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, markyo said:

Looking serious uncomfortable next week,night time temps look shocking. Can only pray this doesn't last to long. Awful.

Couple of warm days for you then all gone this time next week.

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, markyo said:

Not if your working

There’s still after work. 

I was at home this week, as we all take turns to have a week at home, but unfortunately for me, I copped a dodgy week of weather. My weeks off in april and May were much better, with only one day here and there where it rain or was cloudy. But my first week back at home since the start of June, and while it didn’t stop me from going out, it wasn’t great. There’s been too much cloud for my liking, but with the thundery humid conditions, it’s understandable. Since then, the humidity has cleared, but it feels a bit on the cool side.

I will be happy for the hot sunny days next week, but I don’t mind if we don’t reach 29c, even if it’s 21-22, I’ll be happy it’s long sunny days. Sunny evenings this week have been very few. 

We need the sun back next week to enjoy the very long evenings still. But, there’s still July and August to come, so hopefully more sunny evenings. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
7 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

There’s still after work. 

I was at home this week, as we all take turns to have a week at home, but unfortunately for me, I copped a dodgy week of weather. My weeks off in april and May were much better, with only one day here and there where it rain or was cloudy. But my first week back at home since the start of June, and while it didn’t stop me from going out, it wasn’t great. There’s been too much cloud for my liking, but with the thundery humid conditions, it’s understandable. Since then, the humidity has cleared, but it feels a bit on the cool side.

I will be happy for the hot sunny days next week, but I don’t mind if we don’t reach 29c, even if it’s 21-22, I’ll be happy it’s long sunny days. Sunny evenings this week have been very few. 

We need the sun back next week to enjoy the very long evenings still. But, there’s still July and August to come, so hopefully more sunny evenings. 

April/May, first 2 days of June, best part of summer so far

Posted
3 hours ago, markyo said:

Not if your working

Looks like I chose a good week to take off! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Looking forward to the heat next week, if only to feel some proper warmth since the sea breeze here has ruined most warm days so far. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: continental climate

Increddibly by the end of next week I might be the only region in Europe that has not seen any for of sustained heat yet appart from about 3 scattered days that seen over 27C past months. The upper level trough parks exactly over me when the rest of Europe gets  high pressure and heat.This is getting riddiculous now. The excessive rain last weeks had brough flash floooding conditions yesterday, well over 150mm of rain in many stations since early June. 

104845491_2645629705703742_5897161769468
M.FACEBOOK.COM

Pichne, voda proste berie všetko...

ECM1-120.gif

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
2 hours ago, jules216 said:

Increddibly by the end of next week I might be the only region in Europe that has not seen any for of sustained heat yet appart from about 3 scattered days that seen over 27C past months. The upper level trough parks exactly over me when the rest of Europe gets  high pressure and heat.This is getting riddiculous now. The excessive rain last weeks had brough flash floooding conditions yesterday, well over 150mm of rain in many stations since early June. 

104845491_2645629705703742_5897161769468
M.FACEBOOK.COM

Pichne, voda proste berie všetko...

ECM1-120.gif

Pouring with rain again today here in Česko, incredible how much rain we’ve had here over the last 2 months. It is needed so I’m not complaining, but I’d like some sunshine too lol. Hopefully no more floods in Slovensko? Current radar for Česko:

4C713F5F-25E8-4062-8E3F-4054ECDDC277.png

Edited by stainesbloke

Posted
15 hours ago, markyo said:

Gutted mate. 

Posted
37 minutes ago, Azazel said:

Gutted mate. 

I may have a rescue plan to avoid the heat next week, looks like i'm working in Alnwick in Northumberland. May not even get to 20c, perfect

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

Sorry if I’ve been spamming the thread with Russian heat the last few days but I find it incredible, and interesting too. 38c in Verkhoyansk today, breaking the all time high going back to 1885.

Similar temps expected tomorrow, and remaining exceptionally hot for another week or so:

1CF9B8DC-A633-4176-B65D-DA19BC444C11.thumb.jpeg.c15b0d5b548e4ec1ece29f73faa0157b.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, mb018538 said:

Sorry if I’ve been spamming the thread with Russian heat the last few days but I find it incredible, and interesting too. 38c in Verkhoyansk today, breaking the all time high going back to 1885.

Similar temps expected tomorrow, and remaining exceptionally hot for another week or so:

1CF9B8DC-A633-4176-B65D-DA19BC444C11.thumb.jpeg.c15b0d5b548e4ec1ece29f73faa0157b.jpeg

Very worrying. A sign of things to come i fear.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Being near the sea means it’ll probably be nowhere near the 30°C mark here but hopefully into the mid 20’s 

Posted

I am now convinced that 2020 will overtake 2016 as the warmest year on record. Would this be the first year that isn't an el nino to do that? I remember we had a continuous period - 2014, 2015, and 2016 were all the warmest years on record