Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2020 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
2 minutes ago, BlueSkies_do_I_see said:

Well I don't think anyone can complain about the early summer weather being boring so far. 

I can, unfortunately. Absolutely nothing here all week and even today.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted

I've had two family members claim on the "morning breakfast" show the long term forecast is something about the "hottest summer ever". No idea what they're on about. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow
1 hour ago, BlueSkies_do_I_see said:

Well I don't think anyone can complain about the early summer weather being boring so far. A whole bunch of storms now looking to follow up with a hot spell!

My kids have never seen so much lightning. Got some convective weather fans in the making here in Coventry!

1.2mm of drizzle this week here, hardly exciting 

Edited by Freeze
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
1 minute ago, Freeze said:

1.2mm of drizzle this week here, hardly exciting 

Wow you got 1.2mm? That's positively exciting compared to my 0.0mm :oldlaugh:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

Happened in the early hours this morning, haven’t seen any fall haha

• Like 1

Posted

We got tonnes of rain last night

Further unusual weather https://www.accuweather.com/en/winter-weather/junuary-snowfall-blankets-high-elevations-across-idaho-montana/761490

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny days and balmy evenings.

No storms in here in Bradford all week, I could see the might of a Supercell over the Pennines on Tuesday though... It's been absolutely miserable all day here too. Dank & drizzly.. roll on Saturday and a week of ☀️

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anticyclonic unless a snow storm

Ok, you guys are right. These storms followed the jet stream se to nw. I happen to live in the firing line.

I hope you get some decent heat next week.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

Hoping the heat being modeled next week actually comes off. The hotter, the better. ☀️

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Fun fact 1: On average, June is my driest month of the year.

Fun fact 2: Today is the wettest day I've recorded this year, and the wettest day since 11th October 2019.

Today's total 32.6mm is the wettest June day here since 25th June 2007 which recorded 42.2mm. Funnily enough, 19th June 2007 is the next wettest after today at 31.2mm, but that fell in about as many minutes!

Conclusion: it can gladly not rain for the rest of the month!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

iPhone app has me down for 30°C on Wednesday, MO just 25°C.. but I notice, although the iPhone app isn’t the best, MO always progs the temperature last minute, even on the day it sometimes ‘forecasts’ a few degrees below.

• Like 1

Posted
10 hours ago, CheesepuffScott said:

iPhone app has me down for 30°C on Wednesday, MO just 25°C.. but I notice, although the iPhone app isn’t the best, MO always progs the temperature last minute, even on the day it sometimes ‘forecasts’ a few degrees below.

MO always seems to be very conservative for estimates.  BBC tin my opinion tends to overestimate. iPhone app (the weather channel) changes lal the time and is usually a degree lower than actual for maxima and a degree higher for minima

Edited by qwertyK
  • Like 1

Posted

BBC now juts saying 28C for me. Honestly I don't actually want it to be 30C. Minima is going to be crap like 18C, and it won't be dry heat, the humidity looks crazy. Even at 27C its going to feel liek 32C, with 30C feeling like 34C. Any 30C + weather can wait another month

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
13 minutes ago, qwertyK said:

UK is no longer a wet and rainy country - 

TELEMMGLPICT000002035804_trans_NvBQzQNjv
WWW.TELEGRAPH.CO.UK

New Love Water campaign calls on Brits to save increasingly precious resource

Not the 24 hours to be publishing rubbish like that lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb

I don't think I have ever considered the UK a wet country, certainly not where I am. I never understood the stereotype, when most days thoughout the year are dry, and yellow/brown grass in summer is the norm rather than an exception.

Looks like a great spell of weather coming up, the first real hot spell of the year. Weatheronline showing London with 5 days in a row of 30-32c temps.

• Like 1

Posted
54 minutes ago, B87 said:

I don't think I have ever considered the UK a wet country, certainly not where I am. I never understood the stereotype, when most days thoughout the year are dry, and yellow/brown grass in summer is the norm rather than an exception.

Looks like a great spell of weather coming up, the first real hot spell of the year. Weatheronline showing London with 5 days in a row of 30-32c temps.

Yeah London is often portrayed as wet. Actually its drier than most european cities. 

5 days at those temps really?  Would that be a record

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb
5 minutes ago, qwertyK said:

Yeah London is often portrayed as wet. Actually its drier than most european cities. 

June 1976 and 2017 both had 5 or more 30c days in a row, and I'm sure there are others too.

Posted
Just now, B87 said:

June 1976 and 2017 both had 5 or more 30c days in a row, and I'm sure there are others too.

Is weatheronline reliable though? I only use the Met and weather.com. bbc showing one, possibly two days at 30c.  Looking back i can see london had four days at around 30c in 2017. ironically it was just around the week before these temps are forecasted. 1976 obviously very hot summer, 2017 mediocre. I'm more inclined based on what I've seen so far to be like 2017. I'm guessing max temp of 32C somewhere, maybe two days of it in a row at most. In my area rain is now forecasted at the weekend, with highs of 28C. 

7 minutes ago, qwertyK said:

5 days are extremely common 

Almost every recent summer has had five days or more at at least 30C in total (8 last year IMBY)

If you mean in a row its still very common with 1947, 1976, 1983, 1989, 1990, 1995, 2003, 2006, 2013, 2017, 2018 all achieving it off the top of my head

Some like 1947 1976 1990 2003 2006 had loads of days over 32C consecutively

If we are just talking about June its a bit rarer with 1947 1976 2017 2018 off the top of my head

Posted
1 minute ago, Leo97t said:

5 days are extremely common 

Almost every recent summer has had five days or more at at least 30C in total (8 last year IMBY)

If you mean in a row its still very common with 1947, 1976, 1983, 1989, 1990, 1995, 2003, 2006, 2013, 2017, 2018 all achieving it off the top of my head

Some like 1947 1976 1990 2003 2006 had loads of days over 32C consecutively

If we are just talking about June its a bit rarer with 1947 1976 2017 2018 off the top of my head

That's what I'm saying, July or ausgust is nothing but June seems a little different. 2018 I don't recall. 

5 minutes ago, qwertyK said:

That's what I'm saying, July or ausgust is nothing but June seems a little different. 2018 I don't recall. 

It definitely did overall from my memory 30C was exceeded every day from the 26th to the 11th July but obviously not every day a specific region