Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2020 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

Posted
7 hours ago, markyo said:

Humidity is the issue today, far prefer the blue skies and dry heat earlier this month. It adds 5c to observed temps with no benefit today in my area,humidex index nearly at 28c. Of all climatic variations humidity is by far the worst i find, it effects me far more than anything else, ie lack of sleep,headaches etc.

I’ll agree with you about the humidity.

I was the one always complaining it was still a bit chilly during the days only recently, but the dry heat of May and early June with clear skies, has now been replaced by hot sunny weather with increased humidity. A warm moist heat. It’s bound to happen eventually, as the continent begins the heat up, and usually by mid June, nights are much warmer.

London needs a thunderstorm, we seem to keep missing them recently.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Mild night for most but Torbay area looks distinctly cold!

E066B741-C5B5-429A-9824-3486CE95CEE0.thumb.png.9cfec09fc50156c2a072fc2a8b5e82e3.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)
9 hours ago, Sunny76 said:

I’ll agree with you about the humidity.

I was the one always complaining it was still a bit chilly during the days only recently, but the dry heat of May and early June with clear skies, has now been replaced by hot sunny weather with increased humidity. A warm moist heat. It’s bound to happen eventually, as the continent begins the heat up, and usually by mid June, nights are much warmer.

London needs a thunderstorm, we seem to keep missing them recently.

For sure. Been lucky in a sense here - the last 3 days have all been 24/25c and sunny, and storm free. The humidity has been noticeably high though. Played golf yesterday afternoon and I was just zapped at the end. My least favourite thing about summer warmth for sure. It’s also why I have no desire to visit anywhere in the tropics with 30c plus and 80% humidity!

Posted

Typically dull early summer easterly spell here. Overcast with thick fog and drizzle overnight before it raises to a grey sheet by 9am which remains all day apart from a couple of hours late-afternoon. No chance of convection either.

We've had 4 days like this now.

• Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, reef said:

Typically dull early summer easterly spell here. Overcast with thick fog and drizzle overnight before it raises to a grey sheet by 9am which remains all day apart from a couple of hours late-afternoon. No chance of convection either.

Yes not great for the east coast at the moment. We've had an excellent 3 days here- mostly sunny with really interesting cloud formations. No rain yesterday until around 8pm when we had a storm.

It's also been warm at 23/24C for the last 3 days.

Posted
1 hour ago, mb018538 said:

For sure. Been lucky in a sense here - the last 3 days have all been 24/25c and sunny, and storm free. The humidity has been noticeably high though. Played golf yesterday afternoon and I was just zapped at the end. My least favourite thing about summer warmth for sure. It’s also why I have no desire to visit anywhere in the tropics with 30c plus and 80% humidity!

I’m with you on that. No interest to visit south east Asia or anywhere that has high humidity with 27-35c temps.

Would take Arizona heat over that any day. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
On 14 June 2020 at 17:09, h2005__uk__ said:

Is it me, or are the models this summer just all over the place and not really showing anything consistent?

I'm sure in the last few years by this point of summer, they've shown a plume (or something) on the horizon. More often than not they turned out not to happen but at least they were hinting at something. There doesn't seem to be anything like that this year.

Model reliability has been very poor recently, think it's down to the lack of observations from aircraft due to not many people flying.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
1 hour ago, Scorcher said:

Yes not great for the east coast at the moment. We've had an excellent 3 days here- mostly sunny with really interesting cloud formations. No rain yesterday until around 8pm when we had a storm.

It's also been warm at 23/24C for the last 3 days.

4th day now of sea fret, has cleared by midday, and aye, ideal temps around 23C

lifting now, but cloud above it, clag from overnight rain

Edited by I remember Atlantic 252

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
2 hours ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Vile sea mist again, assume most areas clear

No, it's currently very hazy here in East Lancashire and very humid too, currently 17° with 85% humidity. Feels very stuffy indoors.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb
12 hours ago, Sunny76 said:

I have a bad feeling we will have another poor August. Summer will end as the official school holidays kick in.

We are well overdue a 1995 or 2003 repeat. Why have Augusts generally been so useless since 2006 (with a few exceptions)?

Posted
1 minute ago, B87 said:

We are well overdue a 1995 or 2003 repeat. Why have Augusts generally been so useless since 2006 (with a few exceptions)?

Not sure, but it seems to be a trend, and since August 2006. 

That said, I don’t remember too many good Augusts from the 2000s, and some 90s ones were also poor. The only difference here is, there’s almost a guarantee of a poor August since the late 2000s.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

Really enjoying the weather this week in the SE. Warm days, low to mid 20s, with sunny spells & no rain. ?️

I'm not finding it that humid yet and I think the nights are still comfortable, at least compared to what it could be like during a heatwave! Last summer's 37°C springs to mind - now that was hot! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb
56 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

Not sure, but it seems to be a trend, and since August 2006. 

That said, I don’t remember too many good Augusts from the 2000s, and some 90s ones were also poor. The only difference here is, there’s almost a guarantee of a poor August since the late 2000s.

The difference is that the 2000s August up to 2006 were mostly around average (2000, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2005). 

In the 1990s, I can only think of 1992, 1993 that were poor. 1990, 1995, 1997 were good. 1991, 1994, 1996, 1998, 1999 were around average.

August 1993 was very poor, but it was sunnier and drier than August 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015, 2017.

Since 2006, only the Augusts of 2009, 2012, 2013, 2016 and 2019 have been acceptable, but even they were not particularly great months.

I actually think that we might get a good August this year.

Edited by B87

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

Some amazing scenes yesterday and today - funnel clouds have been seen with some truly intense cells over the dales. Who needs the plains eh!

• Like 2

Posted
3 hours ago, Stabilo19 said:

Really enjoying the weather this week in the SE. Warm days, low to mid 20s, with sunny spells & no rain. ?️

I'm not finding it that humid yet and I think the nights are still comfortable, at least compared to what it could be like during a heatwave! Last summer's 37°C springs to mind - now that was hot! 

Yeah that’s true. It just feels noticeably warmer at night now, since the warm up over the last couple of days. I’m not knocking it though.

When it hits the 29-30c area during the day, is usually when the nights become too hot,  but we’ve not hit those heights just yet.

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, Alderc said:

Joke spell of weather continues, sea fogs just rolled in and temps dropped to 16C!

No fog here right now, but still under the grey sheet. It's only 14.7C aswell, after briefly reaching 16.2C when the sun broke through for about 15mins earlier.

Looking forward to the weekend when this rubbish is pushed away.

Edited by reef

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Working cross border today,west of pennies very humid,no nice at all,east of pennies much fresher far less oppressive. thankfully. Biblical rainfall on the tops though,my 4x4 nearly turned into a boat!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

As usual no excitement here. Can’t even have a warm sunny day like areas inland that are missing out on storms are having as it’s been ruined by low cloud and mist with a cool sea breeze. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny
2 hours ago, mb018538 said:

Some amazing scenes yesterday and today - funnel clouds have been seen with some truly intense cells over the dales. Who needs the plains eh!

Lot's of quite small but mighty storms across the UK this week. I guess our climate is not so mundane after all! ⛈️

Hopefully the SE gets some imports this summer. (oo thunder overhead as I type..)

Posted

Sounds like a poor June for most. London hasn’t been too bad this week, with more sunshine and very warm temperatures, with also the clouds building up during the afternoons. Still no proper storms.

Posted
8 hours ago, reef said:

Same here, the suns just come out for the first time in a week

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

No storms here either. We had thunder in May on one day but that’s it so far this year.

Every morning has been foggy recently but it clears away by noon.