Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2020 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

Posted

So annoyingly the beeb and meto were jumping up And down Like they were on steroids Shouting about storms and even tweeting about tornados for today and tomorrow - even as their graphics showed the odd splat of isolated precipitation, but oh look... nothing but a bit of snizzle If your lucky and the odd sharp shower  Nice dry day in EA tomorrow might even get out on a the bike. Sunday onwards currently looking far better for potential 

Posted
20 hours ago, Thundery wintry showers said:

This is the summer 1995 chart that I wheel out in this kind of situation:

image.thumb.png.e9942adc63f1abee67fc703e82ed8c0f.png

Greenland High, jet stream seemingly straight across the UK... and yet all we got was a few days of sunshine and showers and near to slightly above average temperatures followed by the re-establishment of a Euro high/Atlantic trough setup bringing frequent southerly winds.

I got my first thunderstorm of the year in Exeter today, but hoping that the upcoming slack/cyclonic spell sees some reduction in the overall cloud cover.

Ah that's a good one. I thought there was a better chart than the ones I posted but I managed to miss that. 

Hopefully my post wasn't a bit OTT but negativity had annoyed me a bit. Anyway, I guess this spell has gone on a bit longer than those examples and it will depend on how things pan out after next week's more 'average' weather (with showers and thunderstorm risk), as to how the month overall will rate.

I'm hoping for some more sun too. We've had a few poor days here (also had my first thunder yesterday though not as close as you), though I think we haven't done as badly as some areas, which also seemed to be the case last June.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

Hurrah - summer has returned for a visit today. Much more like it.

I don’t like leaden skies at any time really, but put up with it in winter as you expect it. I don’t expect to get 1/3 through June with about 50 hours of sun. Nice to see some brightness again!

Edited by mb018538
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Good to see the sun again which is good,even i've been a tad fed up with cloud filled skies for a week or so but humidity is certainly up which is not good. For me the worst kind of any weather.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold

Suns starting to come out here in Lancashire as well. Finally!

• Like 1

Posted

Thank goodness for bedroom aircon, would be a very uncomfortable night without it! Humidex is high tonight

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

As usual, Brum misses out on any thunderstorms, despite it being forecast. Thunderstorms are also forecast for tomorrow, but I shan't be holding my breath!

Edited by Weather Enthusiast91

Posted

Is it me, or are the models this summer just all over the place and not really showing anything consistent?

I'm sure in the last few years by this point of summer, they've shown a plume (or something) on the horizon. More often than not they turned out not to happen but at least they were hinting at something. There doesn't seem to be anything like that this year.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

Lovely weather the past two days. ?️

London is forecast to reach 20+ every day from now. And next week could get toasty! Fingers crossed.. 

thurs.thumb.png.bd8bc2178304b91ca0df45c856eaa9d6.png

Edited by Stabilo19
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

I am liking this June so far because there is a little bit of everything (weather wise) which keeps things interesting. We did get a bit of a thunderstorm last night, though it was only small and fairly short lived. But it was better than nothing. Hopefully I'll experience a much bigger and better one at some point during the summer. Here's hoping. ⛈️

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Apart from a coup of drab wet and cool days I haven't minded this June. I wouldn't mind it being a touch warmer though and a few storms would be nice too as everything has been way too far away from here. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

Snow, frost, heat, thunderstorms only happens inland.. what a boring area for weather the south coast is

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
15 hours ago, Freeze said:

Snow, frost, heat, thunderstorms only happens inland.. what a boring area for weather the south coast is

Yes I moved to the coast a few years ago and the difference is noticeable. Only recorded below -2°C on a handful of occasions and reached 30°C once in the 4 years I’ve been here. Also unless you get lucky with imports there’s a real lack of storms. In fact today is a good example of the difference as just a few miles inland it’s in the low 20’s while here it’s only on the mid teens with a cool breeze. 

Posted

Yes it’s something I’ve noticed Over the years and I had to let a bit of frustration out lol, I’ve only recorded a few Frosts here and there but like you say nothing much lower than -2 and 30c a couple times, seems imports are the only way for storms here, haven’t had a daytime storm since 2014, where were you from originally ?

Posted
8 minutes ago, Freeze said:

Yes it’s something I’ve noticed Over the years and I had to let a bit of frustration out lol, I’ve only recorded a few Frosts here and there but like you say nothing much lower than -2 and 30c a couple times, seems imports are the only way for storms here, haven’t had a daytime storm since 2014, where were you from originally ?

Winchester. Hardly a million miles from the coast but far enough away to lose the influence of the sea. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Despite the few cool, wet days; it has been much better than the first half of June 2019 for sure

• Like 2

Posted

Humidity is the issue today, far prefer the blue skies and dry heat earlier this month. It adds 5c to observed temps with no benefit today in my area,humidex index nearly at 28c. Of all climatic variations humidity is by far the worst i find, it effects me far more than anything else, ie lack of sleep,headaches etc.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and dry, thunderstorms, mild temps (13-22°C).

After the filth of 3rd-12th, today is refreshingly pleasant. Comfortable, mild conditions with some sun and scattered clouds, perfect weather for being outdoors. Not hot, and not cool. Ideal. I don't need 30 degrees to be content, today is just what summer should be. Wonderful. I have so much more energy; last two weeks made you want to just sleep in all day every day.

Posted
22 minutes ago, Thundershine said:

After the filth of 3rd-12th, today is refreshingly pleasant. Comfortable, mild conditions with some sun and scattered clouds, perfect weather for being outdoors. Not hot, and not cool. Ideal. I don't need 30 degrees to be content, today is just what summer should be. Wonderful. I have so much more energy; last two weeks made you want to just sleep in all day every day.

Each to their own preference, thankfully we all feel the weather differently. would be very boring if we didn't!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Very humid and hazy today. June could end up like May - despite a notable cool spell, it ends up warmer than average anyway.

Edited by cheese
  • Like 1

Posted

If I was mistaken I’d have thought there were a big high centred directly over the uk, been almost clear blue skies the last 3-4 days, wouldn’t have thought there could be skies this clear sat Directly under a low 

• Like 1

Posted
51 minutes ago, Freeze said:

If I was mistaken I’d have thought there were a big high centred directly over the uk, been almost clear blue skies the last 3-4 days, wouldn’t have thought there could be skies this clear sat Directly under a low 

British weather sure is crazy isn't it?

Posted
5 hours ago, cheese said:

Very humid and hazy today. June could end up like May - despite a notable cool spell, it ends up warmer than average anyway.

Was it a notable cool spell though? A lot of Junes have had cooler spells. 1995 is a prime example.

I think the month is odds-on to be above average and there's a good chance it could be well above I think.

Edited by Scorcher

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb

This June looks to be a carbon copy of last June in London. 2 warm days to start the month, then 2 weeks of mostly terrible conditions, with a warmup in the 2nd half of the month. This month will probably end up slightly warmer than average, cloudy and wet (as did June 2019).

• Like 1