Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2020 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

Posted
5 minutes ago, Freeze said:

It’s these kind of comments that cause the ‘hot vs cold weather’ bickering to start, It’s only going to cause a retaliation...

I bloody hate hot and sunny weather!  Cold rules!  

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter
26 minutes ago, Freeze said:

It’s these kind of comments that cause the ‘hot vs cold weather’ bickering to start, It’s only going to cause a retaliation...

As neither a cold lover nor a heat lover, I must say that I do find all this hot vs cold bickering a little entertaining at times. 

Edited by Weather Enthusiast91
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts
24 minutes ago, Don said:

I bloody hate hot and sunny weather!  Cold rules!  

Not sure why you would want 10 degrees and wet all year round but your cold only means more if you have hot to compare it to.Similarly for warm lovers it means all the more after a long cold winter!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

Looking forward to some warmer days. Looks like London will be reaching 20-23°C from tomorrow onwards.

Not a heatwave, and not even that warm for London.. but those temps will feel pleasant in the June sun. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
10 minutes ago, Stabilo19 said:

Looking forward to some warmer days. Looks like London will be reaching 20-23°C from tomorrow onwards.

Not a heatwave, and not even that warm for London.. but those temps will feel pleasant in the June sun. 

Reached 20°C here today and that certainly felt pleasant after yesterday 

Posted
3 hours ago, cheeky_monkey said:

its a moaning thread the clue is in the title

Alas, this is true, but nobody posts in the winter moans thread ‘ahhh mild and 12 degrees with no winter in sight, I love this weather long may it continue’ or some variation every single day because it adds literally nothing to the conversation and is clearly to wind people up.

Posted
5 hours ago, Azazel said:

Alas, this is true, but nobody posts in the winter moans thread ‘ahhh mild and 12 degrees with no winter in sight, I love this weather long may it continue’ or some variation every single day

Are you sure? 

Slightly random question - does anyone know what the lowest 850hpa temperature that 30C has been reached at in the UK?

I remember it being reached with around 10C uppers in early July 2018 but I was wondering if any lower has achieved it?

1 minute ago, Leo97t said:

Slightly random question - does anyone know what the lowest 850hpa temperature that 30C has been reached at in the UK?

I remember it being reached with around 10C uppers in early July 2018 but I was wondering if any lower has achieved it?

Bournemouth airport got to 31.1C I think with 10 or 11C uppers in 2018. A 20C difference really is squeezing as much as possible out of the atmosphere in the UK. Might be able to in drier climates.  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes & stormy winters. Facebook @ Lance's Lightning Shots
8 hours ago, Azazel said:

Alas, this is true, but nobody posts in the winter moans thread ‘ahhh mild and 12 degrees with no winter in sight, I love this weather long may it continue’ or some variation every single day because it adds literally nothing to the conversation and is clearly to wind people up.

That does sound like the kind of thing I would post! I love those winter days when you barely even need a coat! 90% of this forum seems to have a love of snow though, so I dare not beg to differ, even though I'd be happy to never see another snowflake again!

Edited by Lance M

Posted
13 hours ago, hillbilly said:

Not sure why you would want 10 degrees and wet all year round but your cold only means more if you have hot to compare it to.Similarly for warm lovers it means all the more after a long cold winter!

It was a joke in response to Freeze's quote!

• Like 2

Posted

I'm no fan of the heat, but June so far has been absolutely grim. The whole of spring saw 34.2mm of rain compared to 50.4mm already this month. We've also had 8 days with maxima below 15C in the first 10 days of June compared to 10 in the whole of May.

We needed the rain badly, but I think we've had enough for a while now!

• Like 2

Posted

June is becoming the month of the cut off Low in the UK, this one is dragging it heels trying to find a way out, it eventually phases with another trough ready to move in then rinse and reapeat really for the rest of june. Somebody earlier this week mentioned May might have been summer and that was my thoughts when the fine spell ended, i know we've just really started the 3 main months of summer and we shouldn't get despondant of the first weeks june being like it has but sometimes you get the feeling that a pattern has emerged and it will waste a few weeks getting out of it and before you know it where halfway through july and the way the month of August has been trending over recent years i wouldn't hold much hope out for the rest of summer!!

Right got that off me chest!!, just need a heatwave now..but not until october!!..haha.

Edited by EMids WeatherWatcher
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Starting to mirror June last year here in the south as it's raining here again...first few days warm and sunny but has gone down hill from there. Next week looks like settling down somewhat in a slack continental flow.

Edited by Froze were the Days
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)
13 minutes ago, Froze were the Days said:

Starting to mirror June last year here in the south as it's raining here again...first few days warm and sunny but has gone down hill from there. Next week looks like settling down somewhat in a slack continental flow.

I’d say hang in there. As rubbish as the start of June has been, it shouldn’t be quite as bad next week. Certainly not truly summer like though....to be honest I’m not sure June will deliver anything of that ilk now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: In summer, a decent thunderstorm, and hot weather. In winter, snow or gale

It's definitely turning more humid now, it feels more like summer even though it's now raining.  If its feeling like this it does feel more summery than if it's just cool and cloudy like several days just gone by.  If it's got the 'thundery' feel to it I'm quite happy 

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, SummerShower said:

It's definitely turning more humid now, it feels more like summer even though it's now raining.  If its feeling like this it does feel more summery than if it's just cool and cloudy like several days just gone by.  If it's got the 'thundery' feel to it I'm quite happy 

Yeah, as much as I prefer the dry warm sunny weather, humid and cloudy with the possibility of storms is the next best thing. At least if it’s warm and humid it feels like summer.

Cold and cloudy or cold and wet can take a hike until September. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

Yet another unpleasant day. Dark & overcast, more like November than June. 

I'll also forgive this shoddy summer weather if we get some storms but the forecast isn't that inspiring.. ☁️

Posted
1 minute ago, Stabilo19 said:

Yet another unpleasant day. Dark & overcast, more like November than June. 

I'll also forgive this shoddy summer weather if we get some storms but the forecast isn't that inspiring.. ☁️

So far, it’s been a poor June, despite the first few days of very sunny and warm weather. Was May our summer for 2020?

If we head into July and conditions are still unsettled, then it’s probably set in stone to be a poor summer.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

I am certainly pleased that I'm not living on the north-east coast of England at present - it looks like during this slack showery spell the winds will perpetually be off the North Sea.  I used to find these setups very frustrating when I lived up there, enduring days on end of overcast weather and daytime highs of 11-13C while most of the rest of the UK had sunshine, showers and thunderstorms, and then having my elderly relatives rub it in by telling me how lucky I was to be getting the best of the weather, for at least I was missing the thundery downpours.  In addition to this, it's been 10-12C up there for most of the past week, judging by Neil Bradshaw's readings from South Shields.

It remains to be seen how much sunshine and how many showers the Exeter area will pick up, and whether or not there will be any more thunder-days, but it will almost certainly feel a lot more "summery" down here than on the north-east coast over the coming week and possibly beyond. 

Edited by Thundery wintry showers

Posted

An absolutely foul day here in NW Leeds with rain all day and temps no higher than 10/11c. I know we needed rain but its now day 10 of this rubbish!