Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2020 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms

Lets hope may was not our summer, it feels more like autmn at the moment.

Edited by thunderpants
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
13 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

Theres been a few times I’ve needed heating on in June. It happened at the start of June 2013, 2016 and possibly one day in 2017, and 1991.

Amazing how you have such an amazing memory for such insignificant things - who remembers such instances?...also an amazing reference to spring/summer months going back years and how you feel at certain temperatures. I bet you don't go out of your house when it gets below 12c

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
6 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

Is this a contest to see who can handle the cold? lol.

No...we all feel it differently thats all.

• Like 1

Posted

There is no question that a combination of lock down of various degrees, a very nice extended spring being followed by a cool June is all very disorientating. Things just don't feel right somehow. One would expect to be in T shirts and shorts now, having been in them all May etc. and I know someone will point out, shorts? I wear just me Y fronts and take them off over 15 C, but fact is it's the return to average or below average that irks folks. Should get better this weekend and we can all sweet in bed again.

Posted
47 minutes ago, Froze were the Days said:

Amazing how you have such an amazing memory for such insignificant things - who remembers such instances?...also an amazing reference to spring/summer months going back years and how you feel at certain temperatures. I bet you don't go out of your house when it gets below 12c

Lol, wrong again!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

I know we all feel heat and cold differently but I find it hard to believe anyone can live in the UK and not have the heating on for the entire winter.. Even during the mildest winters, there are often colder periods that warrant heating. Especially when it's damp + cold. 

Anyway, roll on the heatwave..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms

June 2nd 1975 parts of the south east had snow giving an early morning covering, now that was a shock to the system.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
14 minutes ago, Stabilo19 said:

but I find it hard to believe anyone can live in the UK and not have the heating on for the entire winter.

Sorry but it is true, i run 2 fans in the bedroom year round, never have any heating on at all upstairs, last 2 years must be 4 or 5 days couple of hours downstairs. 

Posted
1 hour ago, Stabilo19 said:

I know we all feel heat and cold differently but I find it hard to believe anyone can live in the UK and not have the heating on for the entire winter.. Even during the mildest winters, there are often colder periods that warrant heating. Especially when it's damp + cold. 

Anyway, roll on the heatwave..

Very strange people do.

And yes, even the last two mild winters, most people would need the heating on, due to cold damp conditions.

Edited by Sunny76

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c
1 hour ago, Sunny76 said:

Very strange people do.

And yes, even the last two mild winters, most people would need the heating on, due to cold damp conditions.

depends where you live..i lived in a nice newish apartment block 3rd floor in the middle..so i benefited from other people putting their heating so i didn't need to..here in Canada my heating is on 24/7 pretty much from Mid October to mid April

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Never had the heating on in summer. In winter, I usually put my heating on in the morning before waking up and perhaps an hour in the evening if I’m feeling cold, but I’m not one of those people who has to have it on all day. Regardless, the bedroom window is always open overnight whether it’s 7° or -7°.. hate the stuffiness of central heating. Anyway, as it’s the summer thread I try not to think of the heating yet, haven’t had it on since March.

Edited by CheesepuffScott

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - cold, summer - not hot

I'm enjoying this weather.  I can sleep at night and I'm not sweating all the daylight hours.  Lovely.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

I can confirm outside it is about as June like as 15C and sunshine is in December!

Posted

With uncanny timing though I think it may have been Thursday 13 June or maybe Wed 12 June last year, nearly a year to the day we have had two very similar feeling days, poor summer conditions under leaden grey skies, dark evening. This year temps maxed out a bit higher at 12 degrees compared to the woeful 9 degrees of last year.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

I do exaggerate slightly as we nearly hit 18C earlier, which is quite acceptable for May, but now it's 12C with persistent light rain.

Indeed, 11th June last year was coldest June maximum I've ever recorded at just 11.9C. The first half of last June really was exceptionally poor - much worse than anything 2007 produced purely because of the chilly temperatures.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

If the weather is to be crap and pouring with rain every 2 minutes like this week, then at least going through the next few days and next week it’ll be back around 20-23c. So it’ll just be mild and miserable rather than cold and miserable.

Posted

Lol I see any ‘warmer’ temps are being constantly pushed back now. Weeks on weeks of punishment weather to come. What a vile little climate we have. 

• Like 1

Posted
15 minutes ago, Azazel said:

Lol I see any ‘warmer’ temps are being constantly pushed back now. Weeks on weeks of punishment weather to come. What a vile little climate we have. 

Which is exactly what makes our countryside so green and beautiful... 

• Like 4

Posted
15 minutes ago, Azazel said:

Yes it really is crudfest central.

Posted
7 minutes ago, Azazel said:

I didn’t think I would see a June as w**k as last year ever again, but here we are.

Yeah, it’s pitiful isn’t it. Hopefully things improve from the weekend, as the temps start to climb again. Bring back the lovely mid 20s weather, and I’ll be happy. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

10 days into June and we’re at an average of 11.5c here with a whopping 42 hours of sunshine and 15mm of rain.

The only thing lacking from last year is 130mm of rain, otherwise it’s matching it in all other areas. Great November stats. 

Posted

Hopefully the weather under the slack low on the ECM is more sunshine and showers rather than frontal. Looks that way on the precip charts with not much frontal activity after Friday/Saturday.

BRUNNUR.VEDUR.IS

Maybe not great from a general pubic/only interested in dry and warmth point of view, but I wouldn't mind that too much.. Been ages since I've seen a proper cumulonimbus or heavy/thundery shower type day.

Last June and this June so far are not nearly as bad as 2012, at least here.

Posted

Can see this happening all summer, we don't get changeable weather anymore, we get a pattern change that lasts for months at a time. We got unlucky with winter, lucky with spring and now looks like we will get the very worst outcome for the duration of summer. I keep hearing oh it's only transient, but we have already sleepwalked through 9 days of this and of GFS and ECM get their way it will easily be another 2 weeks. Almost an entire month written off already.