Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2020 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

Posted
2 hours ago, Weather Enthusiast91 said:

After the monotonous Spring which dragged on and on, it's nice to have some actual weather for once. We need more of a variety in our weather, and less blockings.

No thanks. I don’t really like these cool damp periods in summer. This type of weather can stay in the late September to late March bracket.

After last autumn and winter and the early part of spring, being either dull or damp and wet, a very long period of sunny clear weather is what we needed. I hope it comes back soon.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
2 hours ago, MP-R said:

Hardly... what dragged on and on was the rain that plagued September-March. Anyway, still waiting for this ‘actual weather’ whatever that means. Just dull, boring and chilly for the fourth day running now.

Warmth and sunshine is a much better and more interesting holding pattern suited to the time of year.

I agree. The late March to very early June sunny spell 2020, was something I enjoyed and never tired of.

This current dull weather is already making me feel fed up and depressed. It’s cold, dull, damp and boring. How can people enjoy this weather for long periods? We get this type of weather in our winters.

Edited by Sunny76
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)
3 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

I agree. The late March to very early June sunny spell 2020, was something I enjoyed and never tired of.

This current dull weather is already making me feel fed up and depressed. It’s cold, dull, damp and boring. How can people enjoy this weather for long periods? We get this type of weather in our winters.

I said this the other day. We get plenty of this weather from late September til April/May most years. Just 3/4 months of weather without the heating on or a jumper/coat please! I’m fed up of this already too. It’s just miserable, can’t enjoy the outdoors. I can take a bit of rain, but 10c below average is too much.

• Like 4

Posted
23 minutes ago, mb018538 said:

I said this the other day. We get plenty of this weather from late September til April/May most years. Just 3/4 months of weather without the heating on or a jumper/coat please! I’m fed up of this already too. It’s just miserable, can’t enjoy the outdoors. I can take a bit of rain, but 10c below average is too much.

I just saw some lighting and heard thunder over west London. But, had to turn the heating on.

13c is cold enough for out it back on.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

Just had 30 mins of heavy/torential rain here (is the drought over yet?) and the temp has dropped.

Feels about 8°C out there now. So depressing. 

Posted
16 minutes ago, Stabilo19 said:

Just had 30 mins of heavy/torential rain here (is the drought over yet?) and the temp has dropped.

Feels about 8°C out there now. So depressing. 

Nice and warm for a beer in the garden lol. I joke. This is terrible weather for early summer.

2 hours ago, markyo said:

Totally agree,last few days have provided a far greater range of weather events than the last 2 months combined. Take today,a bit of everything,sun,warmth,rain,wind,clear skies moving to fantastic cloud formations. Honestly can't fault it. Wouldn't want it all summer but such a change is very very welcome. To have "actual weather" is a real change.

Maybe if you're sat inside all day... but don't you want to be able to go out and do things? Sit in the park with some pals? Have people over for a barbecue? All inifnitely more pleasant in sunny warm weather.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

I love how all the heat lovers are complaining of a few days of below average temps after being spoiled with weeks on end of warmth and sunshine. We are only at the very beginning of summer, so there is plenty of time yet for the warm and sunny conditions to come back. Still, each to our own. 

• Like 5

Posted

Lets a have a little perspective here.. We just had basically 2 months of dry weather. The weather pattern was gonna break eventually.Its only the first week of June. even if we get a first half of June being poor. we still have second half of June. July/August and September to go for fine weather.. I know you cant class September a summer month. But last year was lovely and 2016 was a good September as well. So we do get fine weather in that month. Still 10/11 weeks to go. :).

• Like 4

Posted
6 minutes ago, willamalexan said:

Maybe if you're sat inside all day... but don't you want to be able to go out and do things? Sit in the park with some pals? Have people over for a barbecue? All inifnitely more pleasant in sunny warm weather.

I think some of these folk are people who don’t like the outdoors.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

I love an October day in June. 

• Like 1

Posted
9 minutes ago, weatherguru14 said:

Lets a have a little perspective here.. We just had basically 2 months of dry weather. The weather pattern was gonna break eventually.Its only the first week of June. even if we get a first half of June being poor. we still have second half of June. July/August and September to go for fine weather.. I know you cant class September a summer month. But last year was lovely and 2016 was a good September as well. So we do get fine weather in that month. Still 10/11 weeks to go. :).

Yeah, September 2019 was by far the best month for dry sunny warmth, without the humidity. 

Posted

We've struck lucky today it seems, the heavy rain overnight cleared early hours in time to leave a mostly dry and very fine day. This afternoon has delivered alot of sunshine and a nice evening ahead. Indeed its notable how most of our rain these past three months has come in the night, optimum time when you want it in summer, less evaporation and cooler temps, does the gardens good.

• Like 1

Posted

This current weather is fine as long as it's not setting the general theme for summer, which I think is very unlikely!  As others have said, we have been very fortunate to have such dry and sunny weather for the last couple of months.  Ok, we have not been able to make proper use of it for obvious reasons, but it would have been much worse if we'd had two months of consistent dull and wet weather while being in lockdown!  June 1995 was cool until the final 10 days and that summer will long be remembered a classic.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)
51 minutes ago, Weather Enthusiast91 said:

I love how all the heat lovers are complaining of a few days of below average temps after being spoiled with weeks on end of warmth and sunshine. We are only at the very beginning of summer, so there is plenty of time yet for the warm and sunny conditions to come back. Still, each to our own. 

That’s fine.

A bit below average in June is still mid to high teens (15-18c is 3-6c below the average June high here of 21c) which is tolerable and more than pleasant enough. 9-10c of the last couple of days is just ghastly!

• Like 3

Posted
25 minutes ago, Don said:

This current weather is fine as long as it's not setting the general theme for summer, which I think is very unlikely!  As others have said, we have been very fortunate to have such dry and sunny weather for the last couple of months.  Ok, we have not been able to make proper use of it for obvious reasons, but it would have been much worse if we'd had two months of consistent dull and wet weather while being in lockdown!  June 1995 was cool until the final 10 days and that summer will long be remembered a classic.

I agree with everything you said. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, mb018538 said:

That’s fine.

A bit below average in June is still mid to high teens (15-18c is 3-6c below the average June high here of 21c) which is tolerable and more than pleasant enough. 9-10c of the last couple of days is just ghastly!

agreed - today would make my top 10 worst summer days 

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Leo97t said:

agreed - today would make my top 10 worst summer days 

I reckon this was colder than anything in June of 1980, and that was a bad June. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
1 hour ago, willamalexan said:

To be honest i find this weather far more usable than hot sunny conditions. The lack of sweating makes garden jobs etc far more enjoyable. I don't sit in the sun,never have,never will. Understand though you do though June is looking not hopeful i'm afraid, July may bring something more to your liking.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter
1 hour ago, willamalexan said:

I enjoy doing all of those things as much as anyone. But I equally enjoy relaxing indoors whilst listening to the soothing sound of raindrops pattering onto the roof accompanied by that fresh earthy smell whilst knowing that all the plants are getting a good feed at the same time.

I see weather as being like food. A little bit of everything in moderation is perfect.

Edited by Weather Enthusiast91
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
1 minute ago, Weather Enthusiast91 said:

listening to the soothing sound of raindrops pattering onto the roof

Nothing better...best nights sleep going!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts
1 hour ago, Weather Enthusiast91 said:

A bit of an exaggeration there.Yes we have had some great weather but here in the pennines anyway even though it has been nice and sunny we have had a lot of cool and even frosty weather and northerly flows certainly for April and a little in early May.Only the last 3 weeks have been really as you describe!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Any reason why yesterdays/todays low not named? been very wet/windy in some areas, very inconsistent with storm names

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts
1 hour ago, Sunny76 said:

I reckon this was colder than anything in June of 1980, and that was a bad June. 

There have been plenty of cold Junes,particularly early in the month.2012,2011,2006,2005,2001 and 1991 to list but a few