Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2020 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

Posted
2 hours ago, weatherguru14 said:

Not every day in June is warm. In fact it can get cold. Just like any month of the year.. That's the UKs climate

Just like we get hot weather in April and May you can get cold summers...I hope that's not that case. But If we get a poor June. I would accept that.. As long as July delivers.. We are defiantly it the positive category for good weather in 20/20 so far.

I heard someone mention this could be a poor summer, after having a settled and sunny spring. A poor June wouldn’t spell the end for summer 2020, but I feel if this unsettled weather continued well into mid July, it’s probably a done deal for a poor summer. 

Posted

That's it, we don't know what this summer will bring. You can have all the long range forecasts you want.. I doubt anyone predicted how dry and warm May would be. I do have hope for Summer 20/20 personally . I don't see it being remarkably unsettled or cold. I think over all it will turn into an acceptable summer..

Edited by weatherguru14
  • Like 1

Posted

Quite chilly at the moment here, just 9.7C with light rain currently falling. The max was only 13.2C, a bit lower than anything in the second half of May.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

It’s currently 9c here at 11am in the first week of June. Sorry but that doesn’t cut it!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - cold, summer - not hot

A heavy shower's passing over right now, with heavy rain and even some hail mixed in.  Certainly a change from the endless sunny skies of last month.  Air still feels nice and cool too, and even in the direct sun it felt pleasantly fresh.

Edited by Sir Mim
  • Like 1

Posted

This afternoon was quite nice here, fairly sunny and breezy. Then a heavy shower this evening to water plants a bit.

So it might rain next week.. Suspect many farmers will be jumping for joy if the ECM's significant rainfall totals come off. They probably don't want another poor grass or crop growth year after 2018.. and what else is going on.

Never fails to amaze me just how much people can moan on this forum or in particular the MOD thread, after the sunniest April, May, and Spring on record (only 3 summers sunnier!). Even just a single day's weather can get called ugly, vile, horrific, a disaster, etc.. Yeah ok.. maybe you need some real problems to worry about.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

10C, cloudy, windy, 11am, 6th June... The only thing better than the crapfest in June 2019 is that it’s not raining.

Bored of this spell now. Summer please...

Posted
41 minutes ago, MP-R said:

10C, cloudy, windy, 11am, 6th June... The only thing better than the crapfest in June 2019 is that it’s not raining.

Wait until next week. Flooding on the cards. Some of the posters in here must be licking their lips.

Posted
12 minutes ago, Azazel said:

Wait until next week. Flooding on the cards. Some of the posters in here must be licking their lips.

We’ll see. I’m not wholly convinced. If the models were to be believed late last week, I’d have had over 50mm of rain by now this week, instead I’ve registered just shy of 5mm.

Posted

Another cracking day here - raining all morning, 10c. Just what you want in summer!

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, mb018538 said:

Another cracking day here - raining all morning, 10c. Just what you want in summer!

I’m just glad we’re getting some practice in now for the period between September-April.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
21 minutes ago, mb018538 said:

That is Stafford's post 2000 winter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - cold, summer - not hot

I'm not looking at any of the charts for later this month, I'm just enjoying the relief this spell is providing.  Should be some more showery rain for my area too today, with suny spells in between.

Just a nice, cool showery summer's day.  Lovely.  

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Summer, where? I’m just glad we’ve had a lot less rain than forecast, and I’m thinking that the extraordinary totals pegged by some models is overstated too, hopefully.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter
3 hours ago, MP-R said:

After the monotonous Spring which dragged on and on, it's nice to have some actual weather for once. We need more of a variety in our weather, and less blockings.

Edited by Weather Enthusiast91
  • Like 2

Posted
4 hours ago, Leo97t said:
og-image.png
WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Latest weather conditions and forecasts for the UK and the world. Includes up to 14-days of hourly forecast information, warnings, maps, and the latest editorial analysis and videos from the BBC...

Very bizarre update

I agree - looks totally at odds with data at the moment. Warm and settled again in 10 days? Doubt that very much.

Posted
21 minutes ago, Weather Enthusiast91 said:

After the monotonous Spring which dragged on and on, it's nice to have some actual weather for once. We need more of a variety in our weather, and less blockings.

Hardly... what dragged on and on was the rain that plagued September-March. Anyway, still waiting for this ‘actual weather’ whatever that means. Just dull, boring and chilly for the fourth day running now.

Warmth and sunshine is a much better and more interesting holding pattern suited to the time of year.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
1 hour ago, Weather Enthusiast91 said:

Totally agree,last few days have provided a far greater range of weather events than the last 2 months combined. Take today,a bit of everything,sun,warmth,rain,wind,clear skies moving to fantastic cloud formations. Honestly can't fault it. Wouldn't want it all summer but such a change is very very welcome. To have "actual weather" is a real change.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Been  a topsy turvy week but an interesting week for a change.  Recorded a max temp of 24.8c on Tuesday easily my highest temp so far this yr. 

Yesterday one or two heavy thundery hail showers. A low last night of 4.8c.  Max temp today 12.5c , a mild winters day

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Always have to pay for good weather, it's not free, paying now mostly wet days here from Wed to Sat, with horrible Cheshire Gap flow

the longer the settled spell, the longer we'll have to pay