Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2020 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, cold!
16 hours ago, Daniel* said:

My summer forecast for 2020 feel free to check it out! I'm quite proud of it, if I'm allowed to say that.

file.png
WWW.THESNOWDREAMERWXBLOG.COM

Would you believe it the time has come? A new season brings its new challenges, in deciphering the longstanding oceanic/atmospheric teleconnections, one can gain an idea of how the summer may...

A very interesting read, very well put together, thank you for sharing that, Daniel.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Is there an autumn thread open? It might come in handy over the next week to ten days...

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb

Next week and a half looks bad in London, with temps not even reaching 20c most days. Warming up a bit from mid-month though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold

I Would like to see a cool and dry summer this year. It’s an unusual combination and we have not had one for a very long time. Kind of like June 2015 which was quite a cool, dry and pleasant sunny month. More recent summers have tended to be on the warmer and wetter side. If we have high-pressure consistently out to our west it could happen  as we will be pulling down north westerly winds but the Atlantic will be blocked off so it wouldn’t be too unsettled. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
On 02/06/2020 at 10:23, B87 said:

Next week and a half looks bad in London, with temps not even reaching 20c most days. Warming up a bit from mid-month though.

For cool weather lovers though it looks nice.

• Like 1

Posted
18 minutes ago, East Lancs Rain said:

I Would like to see a cool and dry summer this year. It’s an unusual combination and we have not had one for a very long time. Kind of like June 2015 which was quite a cool, dry and pleasant sunny month. More recent summers have tended to be on the warmer and wetter side. If we have high-pressure consistently out to our west it could happen  as we will be pulling down north westerly winds but the Atlantic will be blocked off so it wouldn’t be too unsettled. 

1993 I think was like that. 

July was quite chilly at times, but August was sunnier and drier, but the summer didn’t achieve anything higher than 28c.

Posted
19 minutes ago, East Lancs Rain said:

Hopefully, if we have to endure a cool summer, I want more thunderstorms.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anticyclonic unless a snow storm

I don't usually welcome the rain, but I have a lot of plants and veg to water in my garden.  I'm on a water meter and all 3 of my water butts are empty.  So bring it on.

Once they are full, next week, you can resume the sunny, dry summer.  Thank you.

gfsnh-0-222_aqf2.png

Edited by BlueSkies_do_I_see
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c
On 02/06/2020 at 03:23, B87 said:

its only bad in my book if its wet as well..if its dry 17-20c in London is pleasant 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb
3 hours ago, Sunny76 said:

Hopefully, if we have to endure a cool summer, I want more thunderstorms.

If we are going to have a cool summer  then I'd rather it be sunnier than average as well. 22c average highs in July and August wouldn't be as bad if they were accompanied by 250 hours of sun.

Posted
1 hour ago, cheeky_monkey said:

its only bad in my book if its wet as well..if its dry 17-20c in London is pleasant 

Yes, with sunshine it is, but if it’s cloudy, it’s kind of meh. But, still usable. 

Posted
40 minutes ago, B87 said:

If we are going to have a cool summer  then I'd rather it be sunnier than average as well. 22c average highs in July and August wouldn't be as bad if they were accompanied by 250 hours of sun.

I’ll take that. 2005 was kind of like that. It wasn’t overly hot, but mostly mixed sunny and dry cloudy spells. August was nice that year. 

Edited by Sunny76

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

Well - 17c today in the clouds and wind certainly didn’t feel summer like! Was out in a t shirt, but can’t say it was overly pleasant. Borderline light jacket stuff.

Posted
48 minutes ago, mb018538 said:

Well - 17c today in the clouds and wind certainly didn’t feel summer like! Was out in a t shirt, but can’t say it was overly pleasant. Borderline light jacket stuff.

Hence, that’s why I took my light jacket with me. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

If it's gonna rain I'd rather it be in the form of sunshine 'n' showers or something from a warm, humid, thundery flow.. rather than a persistent drizzle, cool and grey skies (like we saw today imby). Actually I'd rather that any time of the year.. at least you can have some interesting cloudscapes and it won't feel too bad in any sunny intervals.

Edited by CheesepuffScott
  • Like 3

Posted

Be time to stick the heating back on this weekend. Thank god I’m not furloughed and struggling on 80 percent of my wage.

• Like 1

Posted
8 hours ago, Azazel said:

Be time to stick the heating back on this weekend. Thank god I’m not furloughed and struggling on 80 percent of my wage.

Yeah. Our flat is still warm from the week or so of mid 20s weather, but once the daytime temps have lingered in the mid to high teens (16-19c for a little while, the flat starts to feel chilly again. Hopefully not too many days below 20c to come, otherwise the heating goes back on low. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
13 hours ago, CheesepuffScott said:

If it's gonna rain I'd rather it be in the form of sunshine 'n' showers or something from a warm, humid, thundery flow.. rather than a persistent drizzle, cool and grey skies (like we saw today imby). Actually I'd rather that any time of the year.. at least you can have some interesting cloudscapes and it won't feel too bad in any sunny intervals.

Same here!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
13 hours ago, CheesepuffScott said:

Ironically that’s what yesterday was supposed to be like originally.

Showers and thunderstorms are what I prefer over what we ended up with yesterday and they probably produce more rainfall than the constant light rain yesterday if you get any.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)
11 minutes ago, chrisbell-nottheweatherman said:

Same here!

Me too....today is just grey and 15c. It could be any autumn, winter or spring day. Certainly doesn’t feel like the first week of June, put it that way!

Posted

It’s now fallen back into that dull mediocre weather, and it’s feeling on the cool side for June. 

Some sunny intervals, but you can really feel the chill in the air over London right now, 16c.

Posted

Not every day in June is warm. In fact it can get cold. Just like any month of the year.. That's the UKs climate

Just like we get hot weather in April and May you can get cold summers...I hope that's not that case. But If we get a poor June. I would accept that.. As long as July delivers.. We are defiantly it the positive category for good weather in 20/20 so far.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

I found today far warmer than i'd expected,certainly not cool at all which was surprising. Suspect it was the humidity, Friday hopefully will bring something fresher(for me,i know many will disagree)