IF, WHEN, WHY,WHAT.

Thought we needed some thing light hearted. This thread is for general nonsense.

Please start each post with IF< WHEN WHY WHAT.

Hope you enjoy!

D<3

• Like 2

Instructor from daughters gym is doing a live on line zumba class at 5:30pm.  I'm going to give it a go too, never done it before, should be fun. What have l let myself in for?

I've always wanted to try that used to do a lot of aerobics. ? 

• Like 1

Well, it didn't happen.  Instructor couldn't get her microphone/mouthpiece thingy working, even her hubby came and had a fiddle with it.  We could see her perfectly well though.  Anyway, had a workout moving furniture around so we had room, then another workout putting it all back again.  Decided to go for a power walk in the park later. Spag bol with extra garlic for tea.

• Like 1

Bubs has been doing a dance after school class and her teacher has been doing videos on facebook, but bubs likes to play football instead. Your tea sounds delish, we had bangers and mash, and got choocy trifle for pud.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Dami said:

Thought we needed some thing light hearted. This thread is for general nonsense.

Please start each post with IF< WHEN WHY WHAT.

Hope you enjoy!

D<3

IF< WHEN WHY WHAT.

Good on ya, Dami. I will definitely be contributing to this Thread.

I see my role as a Husband, to shield my Wife from all this grim CV News.

I really can't abide by all this multiple Posting of numbers of infected and deaths. I find it all so negative.

Colette has a fragile enough psyche as it is.

I have a hell of a job stopping her continually obsessing over the News, at the moment.

I'm off to have an early Night now, so I can watch some non-related CV TV with Colette.

More power to your elbow, Dami! :oldgood:

Very best wishes to yourself and your Family, Dami.

Tom anf ColetteSE12. :hi:

Edited by TomSE12
  • Like 2

If the Sun/Warmth arrives this Sunday;

When do we go out;

Why is it a good idea;

What should we do to lift the mood!

Veni, Vidi, Vici        Julius Caesar (100-44BC)

Edited by senior ridge
  • Like 1
11 hours ago, TomSE12 said:

IF< WHEN WHY WHAT.

Good on ya, Dami. I will definitely be contributing to this Thread.

I see my role as a Husband, to shield my Wife from all this grim CV News.

I really can't abide by all this multiple Posting of numbers of infected and deaths. I find it all so negative.

Colette has a fragile enough psyche as it is.

I have a hell of a job stopping her continually obsessing over the News, at the moment.

I'm off to have an early Night now, so I can watch some non-related CV TV with Colette.

More power to your elbow, Dami! :oldgood:

Very best wishes to yourself and your Family, Dami.

Tom anf ColetteSE12. :hi:

NP ? I thought it would be nice to have a thread to chill on. Hope you and both feeling better ?

• Like 1
On 03/04/2020 at 08:36, Dami said:

hello!.

Hello, how you all been doin'.  Have you got better weather than Cheshire?  Temp says 14° but it feels more like 10°, it's now overcast and the wind is chilly. What are your plans for today?  I've dug out a disposable barbecue foil tray thingy we didn't use last year, I'm fortunate to have a little garden area at the back, and thought it would be a good idea to bbq some burgers, but it feels too cold and being respectful of neighbours washing on the line, they will end up in the oven. Will be going for a power walk in the park with my daughter later.  This is a bit random, but have you ever eaten in the night and then had no recollection of doing so?  I woke up this morning with a chunk of marmite rice cake stuck to my neck, don't remember eating it, found the remainder of the rice cakes in my knicker drawer.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Rush2112 said:

Hello, how you all been doin'.  Have you got better weather than Cheshire?  Temp says 14° but it feels more like 10°, it's now overcast and the wind is chilly. What are your plans for today?  I've dug out a disposable barbecue foil tray thingy we didn't use last year, I'm fortunate to have a little garden area at the back, and thought it would be a good idea to bbq some burgers, but it feels too cold and being respectful of neighbours washing on the line, they will end up in the oven. Will be going for a power walk in the park with my daughter later.  This is a bit random, but have you ever eaten in the night and then had no recollection of doing so?  I woke up this morning with a chunk of marmite rice cake stuck to my neck, don't remember eating it, found the remainder of the rice cakes in my knicker drawer.

hello! IN Bedford it's 19c, sunny and windy. I have a load of washing on and have a gammon ham in the oven for lunch. We have a little garden too which catches the sun in the afternoon, and we have been out with some music playing. MY next door neighbour isn't there atm, her neighbour is in the throws of moving due to their house being sold so no ones complaining about trolls OST being played non stop. Our sun power fountain is working again. 

Your rice cake story make me chuckle:) Not had that experience. I'm more likely to put the milk in the cupboard and the coffee jar in the fridge. I also put the foil in there too. 

• Like 2

Hope Dami doesn't mind but just wanted to Post this up, in this antidote to the Coronavirus Threads.

For those of you who didn't watch it, here is a YouTube clip, of what I'm sure will be remembered as,

The Coronavirus Grand National:  

I was able to arrange a very hastily, cobbled together Competition on the Race. You were allowed to select 3 Horses, and allocated a "virtual" £5 Each Way, on each of them. I managed to attract 14 Entrants (7 from my own Family, and 7 NW Members). Both myself and Callum (K/WEATHER, from the Scotland Thread), picked the Winner, Potter's Corner. But Callum was the overall Winner, as he also picked Tiger Roll, who was 4th.

I awarded "virtual" prizes, to the first 3.

Callum (K/WEATHER), won a "virtual" Online Food Voucher (no worries about "social distancing") to the value of his Returns - £133.75.

Yours Truly, won a "virtual" fully protective Hazmat Suit (but suspicions that I had CV, at the end Feb/early March).

My Wife Colette (CASSIE/SE12), was 3rd and won a pack of 30 "virtual" Toilet Rolls.

It was a timely distraction from all the grim CV News, and brought back a hint of normality to Saturday Afternoon.

Below, is the full Result of the Competition: 

"VIRTUAL" RETURNS

1st -  KIRKCALDY WEATHER -                133.75

2nd - TOMSE12 -                                       122.50

3rd - CASSIE/SE12 -                                   53.75

4th - HAYLEYBR7 -                                     31.25

5th - PAULBR7 -                                          25.00

6th - ARKGOH -                                           17.50

6th - STEPHEN/SE12 -                                17.50

8th - DRECKLY -                                          16.00

9th - FIFTYSHADESOFSNOW -                  11.25

9th - SUMMER SUN -                                   11.25

11th - ANTONYBR7 -                                      NIL

11th - BOB G -                                                NIL

11th - BRISTLE BOY -                                    NIL

11th - LASSIE23 -                                           NIL

In other News,

myself and Colette finished watching the Norwegian Detective Series, Wisting, a couple of Nights ago, and brilliant it was, too. At least I managed to get a bit of a much needed, "virtual" Snow Fix. - image.png.73feccc9f27977f008e2df825ff3d48a.png

Have now started to catch up with the Italian Series, Maltese: The Mafia Detective - image.png.ed3cef097c9aa4bb9918f2ba370098b2.png

Gives me a much needed chance to brush up on my Italian, my dearly departed Mother's native tongue!!

Another couple of Box Sets on our non CV viewing Radar, are the French Series:

Juste Un Regard (Just One Look) - image.png.1c8c4337829467cd147705989602f958.png

Welsh Detective Series, Hidden - image.png.d373c1b8385d7e231aaf4a54bc624df0.png

and another Norwegian Crime Drama, Twin - image.png.69bc0a74d4716273f11466289d172f7f.png

Anything to distract my Wife from obsessing over too much grim, CV news.

Crikey, I'll even watch Corrie, EastEnders, and Emmerdale with Colette, if I could achieve that!! :oldgood:

We hope the rest of your Monday, is calm, peaceful and above all, CV free.

Very best wishes,

Tom and ColetteSE12. :hi: 

Edited by TomSE12
  • Like 1

quite ok ? I want this thread to be an escape ? 

• Like 2

WHY, is it some morons havn't grasped the idea of "social distancing", when Toddlers clearly have:

WHEN in Yorkshire and you can't get out for essential food items and decide to order a Takeaway, make sure you give clear instructions on what toppings, you'd like on your Pizza:

Regards,

Tom.  :hi:

• Like 2

WHY, has my Wife started singing theme music from Children's TV Shows from the 1970's?

Because she is definitely going "stir crazy" crazy and has developed the very deadly and contagious "Cabin Fever".

Here are just a few I've been serenaded with, Today!!

Now, Troy Tempest from Stingray, who my Wife says has "dodgy" Caterpillar eyebrows like mine. How cruel!!

Now Captain Scarlet, who is a bit of a "doppelganger" for Troy Tempest but without the "dodgy" eyebrow!!

We then traded childhood TV crushes. Colette's first, Magpie Presenter - Mick Robinson:  

image.png.e47ad9976bd0e6ebcaf8fd849455eaf2.png 

But I see ya and raise ya with fellow Magpie Presenter -Susan Stranks. My major Schoolboy "crush":

image.png.7d8ef88c5dac1bcaa20017bc3e780517.png

Yes, it's been a very long Good Friday, in S.E.London!!

Regards,

Tom.   :hi:

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I do not know where to post this, and I won't mind if it gets reposted.

I have started a Thurrock and surrounding areas, Viral Kindness Group, but apartment from me posting, there has been very little activity.  Not much interest has been shown, no matter how hard I try with my making my posts relevant and helpful. 

Here is the link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/3001293486624661/

• 4 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

WHY, I will never eat steak again!!

image.thumb.png.94228fcaec57ed028005b981a63aabc1.png

WHY, even the Birds and Bees have to adhere to "Social Distancing"!! 

image.thumb.png.4392a8978125d4c0aa903cfcefb355e8.png

WHY, I will never buy Pastries from a Supermarket again!!

image.thumb.png.7a67a755effd3b97a8858fed6d8dceb3.png

Regards,

Tom.  :hi: 

Edited by Polar Maritime
To remove word not needed for a family Forum.