Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

2020 Tornado Season

Paul Sherman

Posted

Hi Guys 

Wanted to start a thread with regards to the Ongoing effects of Covid-19 and the Upcoming Tornado Tours that are run through Netweather and WeatherHolidays and try to keep updating this Thread  regularly over the next few weeks for all members on here who are booked onto the Tours.

We have already taken the unprecedented decision to cancel Tours 1 and 2 already and anybody booked on these tours should have already received an email outlining your options going forward be it to receive a full refund or to roll your tour over to 2021. The Tours span the dates listed below.

Tour 1 - 5th May until the 16th May

Tour 2 - 16th May until the 27th May

We are currently keeping track of the ongoing virus on a day by day and week by week basis for the remaining 4 Tornado Alley Tours and the Arizona Monsoon Tour and will update accordingly. The next Update on Tours 3 and 4 will be around Easter Time. The general consensus with regards to flights is for your flight operator to cancel your flight and you will receive a full refund or to accept a voucher which is valid to use on other dates.

Going forward further if things improve dramatically over the next 6-8 weeks we will be open to the options of slotting tours into July which has an amazing Northern Plains season and/or into August for anybody who might want to roll their ticket onto the Monsoon Tours/Northern Plains

Both myself and Paul M will be on hand if you have any questions but for now this is all we can update with at this present time.

Regards

Paul

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Hi Guys

An update for you in relation to the remaining Tours 3, 4, 5 and 6 for Tornado Season 2020

We have taken the unprecedented decision to cancel the remaining tours for this year. All guests on these tours should have received an email outlining options going forward regarding Full Refunds or to roll over a tour to 2021.

The Arizona Monsoon Tour is not affected at this time.

Regards

Paul 

Posted

I guess it was always going to be so Paul.

I’m not embarrassed to admit the loss of my annual pilgrimage to the Plains has been quite difficult to accept but we will get through this and be hunting down those supercells again next year.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I’m sure everyone is just as gutted as I am to not be going chasing this year. It was going to be my first tour! But staying positive and hopefully see some of you next year. You guys have been great at organising it all and being understanding during this time which is great to see in a business. As we have seen some large companies haven’t been so keen to offer refunds! Which brings me on to my question about flights. Out of interest has anybody made any developments in getting a refund for cancelled flights yet? My flight out got cancelled but return hasn’t yet and starting to think about making the daily call to BA to try get a refund (would prefer to wait till both are cancelled but don’t want to wait till it’s too late) which I hear is impossible to get through to. Wondered if anyone had any experience of this yet? Thanks, Fran

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
3 minutes ago, Fran E said:

Hi guys,

I’m sure everyone is just as gutted as I am to not be going chasing this year. It was going to be my first tour! But staying positive and hopefully see some of you next year. You guys have been great at organising it all and being understanding during this time which is great to see in a business. As we have seen some large companies haven’t been so keen to offer refunds! Which brings me on to my question about flights. Out of interest has anybody made any developments in getting a refund for cancelled flights yet? My flight out got cancelled but return hasn’t yet and starting to think about making the daily call to BA to try get a refund (would prefer to wait till both are cancelled but don’t want to wait till it’s too late) which I hear is impossible to get through to. Wondered if anyone had any experience of this yet? Thanks, Fran

You should be entitled to a refund if one of the legs has been cancelled. BA are an atrocious company so you might have to fight for it, but don't let them fob you off!

My flights for Tour 4 are still standing, can't wait for the fun and games dealing with that in a few weeks (also BA).

13 minutes ago, Nick L said:

You should be entitled to a refund if one of the legs has been cancelled. BA are an atrocious company so you might have to fight for it, but don't let them fob you off!

My flights for Tour 4 are still standing, can't wait for the fun and games dealing with that in a few weeks (also BA).

Thank you, that’s good to know. Yea, I’ve been reading all the tweets, news and comments about how bad they have been in giving refunds and forcing people in to the voucher which is why I want to go in all guns blazing once I eventually get through and stick to my guns about getting the cash refund. Don’t worry I won’t let them fob me off, no chance here. But last week they cut the phone lines off which meant you couldn’t even get through so let the weeks of fun begin really! Good luck! 

Posted

Despite being denied my annual fix of Plains panoramas and Applebees, I’m intending to look at risks from afar as they occur and contribute to target forecasting and real-time analysis. No harm in keeping the skills honed.

It’s looking reasonably active in the next three weeks with a repeating ridge/trough pattern seeing several surges of gulf moisture into the Plains. Next Mon and Fri look quite potent at the moment (GFS).

I was Austrian Airlines out on May 5th. No luck so far with refund but I might look at rebooking using the credit voucher for next year - no harm in forward planning

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

My flight for Tour 4 was cancelled this morning. Phoned BA this afternoon, initially going through the options on the number quoted in the email but then got cut off. I then tried the same number with no options pressed and got through to a friendly lady after about 10 mins. Refund being processed now, but could take a few weeks to a month. Very painless, let's hope the refund hits my account in a timely manner too.

Edited by Nick L