Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Output Discussion - heading into April

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

12z ICON looks settled all the way through once again!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Posted
4 hours ago, Zak M said:

Lovely 06z GFS today.

Looks to be very warm or even hot in some places on day 7!

gfseuw-0-174.png

Icon looks fantastic again!!cut off low going through west off spain and extending the warmth!!

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

A northerly plunge in seven days time?

I have to say I would welcome it getting cooler, but the track record of such plunges over the last six months materialising when forecast at such a range has been nothing short of tragic, so I for one am not buying it!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

I am liking the 12z UKMO @120

UW120-21.gif

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Going by the GFS 12Z, cooler (and hopefully) less-settled weather looks to arrive by Day 8. And with all mowed grass looking as brown as ever, a wee drop (100mm?) of rain is needed. Pronto!:oldgood:

h500slp.png    h850t850eu.png

• Like 9

Posted

Breakdown coming into view on UKMO 144...

Exeter also suggesting a switch,moreso for the north in early June.

No complaints from me its been a gorgeous spring this year.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Djdazzle said:

GFS looks like producing another outrageous outlier!

What do you expect after two runs almost producing the same   The end will surely be an outlier, screaming northerly from the North Pole to Western Sahara......yuk no thanks. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
3 hours ago, Tamara said:

In basic weather terms - overall good reason in my opinion to expect verification of the Atlantic ridge and an attempt to introduce cooler and more changeable weather from the NW approaching ahead of the second week of June. This, not before some excellent summery conditions for the bulk of the coming ~ 7 days which should be enjoyed as much as possible without dwelling too much on the suggested breakdown approaching after this time. Also, it is not yet clear as to how this eventual encroachment from the NW pans out across the UK in terms of sensible surface weather detail and as ever, regional variations may well be the case.

Always useful to have the background to the NWP explained, even if I still haven't learned what all these teleconnections are and how to understand them...virus shutdown has been busier than I expected!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

If only it were Dec/Jan/Feb*

image.thumb.png.1e9d30f66181a6b338a88055b4aa726b.png

*although if it were winter, a possible snowstorm would get watered down

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

I also personally think the end of the very long dry and settled spell is coming to an end towards the middle of next week. No complaints here, been the best spring I can ever remember.

• Like 8

Posted
10 minutes ago, chrisbell-nottheweatherman said:

Always useful to have the background to the NWP explained, even if I still haven't learned what all these teleconnections are and how to understand them...virus shutdown has been busier than I expected!

I think that's about spot-on CBNWF...Last summer, @Tamara's musings meant that I was neither surprised nor disappointed, by the way the season turned out.:santa-emoji:

Edited by General Cluster
  • Like 5

While hopefully it doesn't happen the 12Z GFS ops is the perfect example of the trough becoming anchored over the UK, absolute worst case scenario, nowhere for it to go and you lot moaning about your brown lawns will be moaning about the flooding......

Posted
1 minute ago, Alderc said:

While hopefully it doesn't happen the 12Z GFS ops is the perfect example of the trough becoming anchored over the UK, absolute worst case scenario, nowhere for it to go and you lot moaning about your brown lawns will be moaning about the flooding......

Yes, you’re right. But it’s so extreme, it’s unlikely to come off. Don’t worry though, when do charts at that range ever come off?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

A grim GFS 12z run from about 180 onwards. Will likely be at the bottom end of the ensemble pack. Still have a gut feeling that this breakdown is being over-played but we'll see

Posted
1 minute ago, Djdazzle said:

Yes, you’re right. But it’s so extreme, it’s unlikely to come off. Don’t worry though, when do charts at that range ever come off?

When they show 'mild' in winter?:oldlaugh:

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

GEM also turns much cooler and unsettled through the middle of next week - though most of the rain just misses.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer

Said it yesterday and ill say it today, its an echo of 2012 in FI. Exactly what happened then when a trough squeezed in between two areas of high pressure and became stuck. 

My hopes for a 2018 repeat or at least a decent continuation of the warm and dry is eroding away at great pace. 

Posted
2 minutes ago, 38.7°C said:

Said it yesterday and ill say it today, its an echo of 2012 in FI. Exactly what happened then when a trough squeezed in between two areas of high pressure and became stuck. 

My hopes for a 2018 repeat or at least a decent continuation of the warm and dry is eroding away at great pace. 

I think,with all due respect, a bit of perspective is needed,we have had virtually 7 to 8 weeks of dry settled weather.We don't reside in Spain or Greece afterall ..

• Like 6