Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

April 2020 C.E.T. and EWP forecast contests

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

8.5C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

9.4c cheers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

April I think will be quite a cool month so my guess for April is 8.5c and I also think it will be a wet month but not as wet as we have had there for I am going for rain total of 75mm thank you. ☺️ also given current situation I hope every member on netweather keep safe and please follow advice given by medical expert and other pros keep safe everyone and look out for each other.   

image.png

image.jpeg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

Honestly would wait right until the last minute now though would probably plumb for above average, trouble for those who are basing their low forecasts on the Northerly, if you get that wrong and its an above average start with the southerlies winning out (more likely with each run over last 24 hours), then you have pretty much bust a few days in, given this must be the most ascending month (could be wrong and it could be March - roger would know) but its one of them.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Going for 9.3C and 60mm of rain

Posted
4 hours ago, feb1991blizzard said:

Honestly would wait right until the last minute now though would probably plumb for above average, trouble for those who are basing their low forecasts on the Northerly, if you get that wrong and its an above average start with the southerlies winning out (more likely with each run over last 24 hours), then you have pretty much bust a few days in, given this must be the most ascending month (could be wrong and it could be March - roger would know) but its one of them.

I always wait until the last minute to post my guess.  However, I think it would be especially wise to do this for April, the way the models are at the moment!

• Like 1

Posted

Yes I’m hoping for a warmer than average month, with some warm sunny weather, as opposed to milder than average months with damp and wet cloudy conditions, where it still ends up feeling cold, despite being milder than average.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes

8.4 degrees and 18mm please and I am humbled here to see myself on top of the table as meteorology has been the one thing in my life that always changes and surprises and most of all never ever gets boring as  I love all the seasons.

• Like 1

Thankfully drier than average with a lot of High pressure, it will start cool with frosts but the month will show both temp extremes, a bit of snow in week before Good Friday but a strong Spanish plume jacking the average up near end, which will give temps exceeding 30.C. Overall 9.0.C and 34mm.

Posted
19 minutes ago, Shillitocettwo said:

Thankfully drier than average with a lot of High pressure, it will start cool with frosts but the month will show both temp extremes, a bit of snow in week before Good Friday but a strong Spanish plume jacking the average up near end, which will give temps exceeding 30.C. Overall 9.0.C and 34mm.

I think 30c is very optimistic. I wouldn’t expect anything exceeding 22-23c. Perhaps a 24 isn’t out of the question.

A repeat of 2011 doesn’t seem likely.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and....a bit more snow

9.0 c and 75mm please

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn
8 hours ago, Sunny76 said:

I think 30c is very optimistic. I wouldn’t expect anything exceeding 22-23c. Perhaps a 24 isn’t out of the question.

A repeat of 2011 doesn’t seem likely.

I think so too but never say never, we almost got there in April 2018

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

9.1C and 70mm thanks

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

8.2c please and 55mm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

9.2c

53mm

please

Posted

A generally unsettled month ahead, despite the current signal for a mostly dry settled early part. Too much energy in the atlantic this year. As is often the case with April, very topsy turvy temperature wise, marked temperature differentials between north and south at times, with arctic air never that far away and on occasion making inroads into northern parts at least, whilst the jet shifts north and south at times, pulling in some warmer continental air in bursts, first one between 5-7th.

Not expecting any exceptional warmth this April. Could be fairly wet in western and NW parts, preety dry further SE.

A little above average at 9.3 degrees, with a 20% chance of hitting the high 9's.