Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Why do some places have such large variation in weather and tempreature?

qwertyK

Posted

Some places in the USA and the Balkans are probably the best example of this. Take a look at the weather in denver right now.

Maxima of just 1C on some days with snow, whilst a few days later its bright and sunny at 18C.

Or Bucharest in Romania

22C on one day and 3C with snow the other. Worth pointing out that the average for Bucharest in March is around 12C. So one some days its 10C higher, and others 10C colder. 

In the UK, as much as people claim we have changeable weather, we don't. As many have pointed out, the tempreatues and conditiosn have more or less been the same since December, with extreme maxima and extreme minima very infrequent.

Are these tempreature variations natural? Like Bucharest in southern Romania is influenced by warm air from the Mediterranean and cold air from Russia and Siberia. Or are these a sign of climate change? I don't think climate change will mean we just have higher averages. I think it will mean a lot of more variation in the daily weather. Though this appears to be observed as pointed in the USA and parts of continental Europe rather than the UK.

Edited by qwertyK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

that's one of the joys or woes of a continental weather type..big swings in temp esp in spring and autumn..air masses are not tempered by oceans so here for example get a southerly draw from the states it can get above 20c easily this time of year..get a northerly from the arctic it can be below -30c just like last weekend..has bog all to do with climate change

Posted
Just now, cheeky_monkey said:

that's one of the joys or woes of a continental weather type..big swings in temp esp in spring and autumn..air masses are not tempered by oceans so here for example get a southerly draw from the states it can get above 20c easily this time of year..get a northerly from the arctic it can be below -30c just like last weekend..has bog all to do with climate change

Yeah, I mean look at NY 

24C on Friday but down to just 5C the next week. 21C fall in temps. Crazy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c
4 minutes ago, qwertyK said:

Yeah, I mean look at NY 

24C on Friday but down to just 5C the next week. 21C fall in temps. Crazy

happens all the time..i seen the temp drop from high +31c to a high of -2c in the space of 24 hrs here

Posted
Just now, cheeky_monkey said:

happens all the time..i seen the temp drop from high +31c to a high of -2c in the space of 24 hrs here

As much as I like some consistency in the weather, I can't lie it would be fun to have some variation in the weather. Here in the UK, the temps are basically the same every day, usually a little rain, today it was cold, foggy and then thick clouds, a little drizzle or sleet