BornFromTheVoid

COVID-19: Personal and Local Discussion

4 minutes ago, seabreeze86 said:

Asks more questions than it answers ,how many more backlogged? why is there such a backlog? what’s the point in following a curve if the information isn’t up to date?

All a bit of a mess 

One of the main delays is awaiting tests on the person who's passed away. Some patients sadly pass away before they're confirmed to have had Covid-19 which means they have to await the results to come back. Then they have to inform family members and once that all adds up you can be 7+ days from the actual death.

Edited by Summer Sun
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, seabreeze86 said:

Asks more questions than it answers ,how many more backlogged? why is there such a backlog? what’s the point in following a curve if the information isn’t up to date?

All a bit of a mess 

Well, the backlog will likely be because of informing next of kin, and possibly coroner questioning covid as main cause of death, maybe? And certainly here in my area the main North Bristol nhs trust hospital, Southmead hosp, some beancounter at the hosp didnt submit a week's worth of numbers; they were actually ready to be submitted each day, but werent.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Donegal said:

Each National newspaper/News organisation should really employ a medical expert to review each journalists tweet before they post it. The amount of inaccurate nonsense I've seen is unbelievable. Although for that tweet in question a 4 year old could have told her it wasn't flattening. 

I been saying for quite a few days, all this talk about we are reaching the peak or there is encouraging signs is very questionable to say the least. 

I highlighted a comment from a BBC analyst who suggested we are seeing positive signs because the rate of deaths has gone down and pointed out if the current rate we saw last week was the same now we would be seeing around 1400 deaths a day yet the big problem was no country in Europe has experienced over a 1000 deaths a day nevermind 1400 a day so its (no doubt unintentionally) misleading analysis on his part and the pattern was the rate would go down, be bloody even more alarming if it didn't. 

There is always going to be a lag in deaths but imo, there is no real positive signs in terms of the number of cases either. It does not help with the complete farcical way of how they are reporting the numbers either. 

Also the number of tests a day is hardly increasing much either despite the promises, we shall find out by the end of the month if we do get over 30,000 tests a day or not. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Breakdown of the 201 deaths in London by NHS trust. The deaths were registered between March 23rd and April 7th and were all announced today.

• King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust - 28 deaths (29/3 and 5/4)
  • London North West University Healthcare Trust - 26 deaths (29/3 and 7/4)
  • Royal Free London NHS Trust - 23 deaths (2/4 and 7/4)
  • Barts Health NHS Trust - 16 deaths (2/4 and 7/4)
  • The Hillingdon Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust: 14 deaths (28/3 and 7/4)
  • St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust - 13 deaths (4/4 and 6/4)
  • London North West University Healthcare Trust - 13 deaths (5/4 and 6/4)
  • Epsom and St Helier University Hospitals NHS Trust - 10 deaths (30/3 and 6/4)
  • North Middlesex University Hospital NHS Trust - 10 deaths (4/4 and 6/4)
  • Imperial College Healthcare Trust - 9 deaths (1/4 and 4/4)
  • Croydon Health Services NHS Trust - 8 deaths (5/4 and 7/4)
  • Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust - 7 deaths (6/4 and 7/4)
  • Whittington Health NHS Trust - 5 deaths (4/4 and 6/4)
  • Homerton University Hospital Foundation Trust - 4 deaths (7/4)
  • Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals NHS Trust - 3 deaths (1/4 and 3/4)
  • Kingston Hospital NHS Foundation Hospital - 3 deaths (26/3 and 7/4)
  • University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust - 2 deaths (2/4 and 6/4)
  • East London NHS Foundation Trust - 2 deaths (3/4 and 5/4)
  • Royal Brompton and Harefield NHS Foundation Trust - 2 deaths (23/3 and 29/3)
  • Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust - 2 deaths (29/3 and 3/4)
  • The Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust - 1 death (6/4)

As I live equal distance between King's College hospital and Lewisham, unless Lewisham and Greenwich health trust has been left off the list, I will be demanding myself and any member of my family go to Lewisham if we get it!

• Like 1