Jump to content
BornFromTheVoid

COVID-19: International Discussion

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, kold weather said:

But...but...but its just the flu!

Hopefully this animation can be shown to those people who still don't understand this virus. The fact it is going toe-to-toe with all cancers and heart disease in terms of fatalities shows how deadly it is...and now imagine what would happen without any lockdown!

 

ICL projections for letting the virus run its course.

81% of the UK population infected by August. 510,000 deaths.

Not trying to downplay the loss of life to date, but the UK situation could've been horrific.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Netherlands reporting 147 new deaths today. Worth noting though they have for the first time seen a drop in ICU cases (16 less). Whilst its a small drop, it is still a positive sign that yet another country has seen a peak in terms of the hospital/critical cases.

Sweden up 96 today.

This is out of Madrid today, may suggest the death toll in Spain maybe many times higher than we are being told..

Quote

Of those 4,750 deceased, 781 have been officially registered as a consequence of the coronavirus, as they were tested accordingly.

However, the Executive assumes that the bulk of the dead are due to the disease, even though they have not been tested: 3,479 of them died with symptoms corresponding to the coronavirus, but without being able to perform the test.

ZQ2FYHBFERG4LG4EBDZFSDSZIU.jpg
ELPAIS.COM

En el recuento oficial de la crisis sanitaria solo figuran las víctimas a las que se realizó el test y dieron positivo

 

Edited by kold weather
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, kold weather said:

Netherlands reporting 147 new deaths today. Worth noting though they have for the first time seen a drop in ICU cases (16 less). Whilst its a small drop, it is still a positive sign that yet another country has seen a peak in terms of the hospital/critical cases.

Sweden up 96 today.

This is out of Madrid today, may suggest the death toll in Spain maybe many times higher than we are being told..

ZQ2FYHBFERG4LG4EBDZFSDSZIU.jpg
ELPAIS.COM

En el recuento oficial de la crisis sanitaria solo figuran las víctimas a las que se realizó el test y dieron positivo

 

Like wise elsewhere however. The official figures still showing a slow drop of new cases and a drop in new deaths which is welcome. The BBC reporting strange figures again saying a higher number have died butt then have quoted the death and new cases the wrong way round before from other places.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A ban on non essential travel to the Schegen area is now extended until May 15th

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Italy:

3,836 new cases reported (something of a spike compared to yesterday)

542 new deaths (down by 62, almost exclusively due to deaths lowering in Lombardy).

Waiting to see what the ICU situation is, however obviously don't want to see that uptick in cases be anything other than a one day blip.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, kold weather said:

Italy:

3,836 new cases reported (something of a spike compared to yesterday)

542 new deaths (down by 62, almost exclusively due to deaths lowering in Lombardy).

Waiting to see what the ICU situation is, however obviously don't want to see that uptick in cases be anything other than a one day blip.

image.thumb.png.bd754edcd894ec269bde0eb507265f27.png

I have added the latest new cases on to graph for Italy and attempted to draw a trend line (with my wobbly hand).

I like to think positively and I think this highlights how the trend is still positive. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, BarnetBlizzard said:

image.thumb.png.bd754edcd894ec269bde0eb507265f27.png

I have added the latest new cases on to graph for Italy and attempted to draw a trend line (with my wobbly hand).

I like to think positively and I think this highlights how the trend is still positive. 

Yes, its still very much on a positive trend, the overall has been dropping something like 10% each week, and that is perhaps going to quicken up as the weeks go by as well. Of course that does mean there is probably a certain amount of 'baked' in deaths, I'd guess based on the trend Italy will come out around 22-25000 by the time they *hopefully* get to a point where cases are under control. However they are going to have quite a long tail I suspect when it comes to death and are probably going to be above 200 deaths a day for the next 30 days IMO.

PS - critical cases are slowly dropping away as well by around 70-100 a day. However still just under 3,700 critical cases at present.

By the way, Spain's 2nd update out of 3 now has 628 deaths, which is the highest for nearly a week for this update. Maybe suggesting a secondary peak may happen today. New cases will likely hold fairly steady just above the 5,000 mark.

Edited by kold weather

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, kold weather said:

Italy:

3,836 new cases reported (something of a spike compared to yesterday)

542 new deaths (down by 62, almost exclusively due to deaths lowering in Lombardy).

Waiting to see what the ICU situation is, however obviously don't want to see that uptick in cases be anything other than a one day blip.

52,000 tests conducted in Italy compared with 34,000 yesterday

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cracking effort on the testing front from Italy, 52,000 tests is excellent, and would suggest they are catching more of the mild cases in that case which explains the spike today.

New York state reporting 779 deaths today.

To put that into context, that would be like the UK reporting over 3000 deaths in one day. They are clearly the hotspot of the world right now for deaths from Covid-19.

However the upshot is they do seem be at the top of their curve with hospitalizations well down in the last few days, which should eventually translate in a reduction of deaths as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

52,000 tests conducted in Italy compared with 34,000 yesterday

Percentage of cases testing positive way down then. Italy really is the bit of hope we all need right now. 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Based on official data we have access to New York State now has more cases than any country in the world

  • NY State 149,316
  • Spain - 146,690
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Summer Sun said:

France

3,881 new cases and 541 new deaths

Just to add to that those are just hospital deaths . Allegedly there was a technical issue and the data from care homes hasn’t come through !

Putting aside the care home issue  the other data looks encouraging.

Hospitalizations now dropping as well as those in critical care across several regions.

New confirmed cases are now stable for the last few days .

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

Just to add to that those are just hospital deaths . Allegedly there was a technical issue and the data from care homes hasn’t come through !

Putting aside the care home issue  the other data looks encouraging.

Hospitalizations now dropping as well as those in critical care across several regions.

New confirmed cases are now stable for the last few days .

 

Yes, following a trend much of Europe is showing as well.

The deaths from hospitals is pretty close to the average they have had during the last 7 days.

Who knows what the care home situation is like though!

Certainly scary times in those places, and if its happening in France, there can be no doubt its happening across the world.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...