I was wondering if any one could answer this question I was slightly curious. As we are all aware of the current situation around the world, I wanted to known if now we have had a drastic drop in pollution levels around the world due to lockdowns will this have an effect on our weather a few months/years down the line???  The earth has had a lot of pollution for so long and the pollution levels have dropped fast I read. I know it’s always a good thing for us to have less pollution but i was just interested on its impact. 

• Like 1
On 18/03/2020 at 07:52, DonnaThw said:

I was wondering if any one could answer this question I was slightly curious. As we are all aware of the current situation around the world, I wanted to known if now we have had a drastic drop in pollution levels around the world due to lockdowns will this have an effect on our weather a few months/years down the line???  The earth has had a lot of pollution for so long and the pollution levels have dropped fast I read. I know it’s always a good thing for us to have less pollution but i was just interested on its impact. 

Any immediate effect will be an increase in temperature below aeronautical corridors. This is caused by the lack of contrails, which will allow more of the sunlight to reach the ground. Personally I doubt any long term positive effects will be seen, as once the virus has passed we will go back to pumping pollution into the atmosphere just as quick as before. Unless we use this as a chance to re-set how we love our lives

• Like 1