Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
  • Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wonder how significant this could be in the short term. Potentially a significant breakthrough if it works Coronavirus: New treatment for critically ill patients to begin as soon as next week

An appeal to people to remember you are reading posts from people you do not know, you do not know the background of and do not know their motivations - on a weather forum.  If there are concerns

Yes Matt , I opened my store at 5:45 this morning and left at 8pm this evening , I’m back at 5:45 and walking in to a shell of a shop with new deliveries coming , Having people tell me why I bother op

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms
    4 minutes ago, cyclonic happiness said:

oh come on, what if you were carrying and not knowing it?

Why should you put the rest of us at risk just for 2 weeks stuck inside?

At this point, I honestly don't care. The "political" response is a mess. Just met a friend walking her dogs and agreed with my ideas. We're relatively remote from contagion and we have to get on and live.

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, warm/hot plumes, snow, anything severe
    _111266644_coronavirusdailystatistictwit
    WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Health Secretary Jeane Freeman says Scotland will double the number of intensive care beds to cope.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hoar Frost, Snow, Misty Autumn mornings

This is from a Doctor who posts on an NCFC website:

Friends on the Wrath......COVID means I may not be around for a while

I’m heading up COVID response at my Trust and as an anaesthetist things are going to get tough.

It’s fair to say my colleagues and those in ITU are more than a little scared. 

Numbers of cases are increasing hugely. 

We are going onto a war footing. Likely 12 hrs on 12 hrs off but working around the clock when sickness bites amongst us.

We all have the same concerns as others with families, relatives etc. I cannot see my parents for a while as are over 70 and co morbid. 

I’m not at all convinced by the Boris approach and clinicians are ignoring certain advice and planning our own measures.

In terms of “we will build you ventilators” I can’t think of a single British company that makes them. Also a vent needs a trained nurse or doctor to look after the patient attached to it! 

I’m not asking for applause or slaps on the back. But maybe think of me and my colleagues occasionally over next few weeks and months and send good vibes. Awful decisions will have to be made, all colleagues will get ill, some may die. None of us signed up for this really!! 

On your side, most of you will get mild illness. Look after yourselves and each other, keep an eye on the elderly.

Wash hands, cough into your arm and leave me some f**king tissues and big roll!

Take care all 

Andy

Something to remember the next time some gobsh1te goes on about media hysteria.

• Like 4
    Posted
    2 minutes ago, Zak M said:
    _111266644_coronavirusdailystatistictwit
    WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Health Secretary Jeane Freeman says Scotland will double the number of intensive care beds to cope.

Would probably suggest a UK overall rise between 400-500, which is just about in line with the rise other comparable countries had at a similar point in their outbreak. Anything less than 400 would be good.

• Like 1
    Posted

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
    2 minutes ago, Coastal Eddy said:

Germany seems welll prepared to deal with this

image.thumb.png.49ba9b2ad3923ea7115bb82ddbf8909b.pngimage.thumb.png.fa904195be5d440b2d41d96108ff879d.png

UK only has 5000 ventilators and no company that manufacters them

Souce FT.com

Think explains the low death toll so far.

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Latest world data

• Total cases - 162,651 
    • Active cases - 80,363
    • Recovered - 76,219
    • Mild active cases - 74,708
    • Deaths - 6,069
    • Active cases serious or critical - 5,655

Posted
    4 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Latest world data

• Total cases - 162,651 
    • Active cases - 80,363
    • Recovered - 76,219
    • Mild active cases - 74,708
    • Deaths - 6,069
    • Active cases serious or critical - 5,655

Shame numbers dont show "Best estimate numbers of cases not reported/recorded", then a true mortality rate could be calculated.

Posted
    7 minutes ago, Zak M said:

The data out of Italy doesn’t support that though. Only one death under the age of 40. Infact only 2 deaths under the age of 50.

CE546548-8095-4F7C-9A8D-F3F468EF1874.jpeg

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: windy

So basically already between 1 and 2m...

Cases will shoot up over the next couple of weeks before the lockdowns have a noticeable effect on numbers.

Posted

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
    1 hour ago, Paul Faulkner said:

Looking for a bail out? Don't they make enough profit with their ludicrous fare prices?

Rail Operators only average about a 3% margin and those which don't run long distance are actually loss making. Rail fares are high because we fund Network Rail through the ticket price rather than taxation. 

That said if the loss making ones do try hand back the contract it would be an excellent time to take over in advance of the coming reform which will heavily amend the franchise system anyway. 

49 minutes ago, Spikecollie said:

A valid reason is health - i need ro run for my own physical/mental health and walk/run with my dog. How does that work? If necessary, I'd get a note from my doctor...

And herein lies the reason the government is doing the right thing by not going too hard, too early. We will be lucky if people comply properly for a month, let alone anything that drags out. Monitoring the Italian quarantine lite is the correct thing to do bar banning incoming flights and Chunnel services. 

32 minutes ago, kold weather said:

Would probably suggest a UK overall rise between 400-500, which is just about in line with the rise other comparable countries had at a similar point in their outbreak. Anything less than 400 would be good.

On your numbers point they may have been projecting the percentage of positive infections to cases which has risen in the last few days.

Guest Delete Me

UPDATE on coronavirus (#COVID19) testing in the UK: As of 9am on 15 March, a total of 40,279 have been tested: 38,907 negative 1,372 positive Across the UK, 35 patients who tested positive for coronavirus (COVID-19) have sadly died.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

New cases down by 110 compared to Saturday - 2,533 tests new tests complete to 9am today

38,907 negative

1,372 positive

14 new deaths

• Like 1
    Posted
    3 minutes ago, Paul Faulkner said:

UPDATE on coronavirus (#COVID19) testing in the UK: As of 9am on 15 March, a total of 40,279 have been tested: 38,907 negative 1,372 positive Across the UK, 35 patients who tested positive for coronavirus (COVID-19) have sadly died.

Not that I want it to be higher but I don’t believe that can be right?

Wales and Scotland both had large percentage increases but England hasn’t?

But then if you don’t test those outside of hospital I guess you will get lower numbers

Edited by lottiekent
    Posted
    16 minutes ago, Azazel said:

The data out of Italy doesn’t support that though. Only one death under the age of 40. Infact only 2 deaths under the age of 50.

CE546548-8095-4F7C-9A8D-F3F468EF1874.jpeg

This says to me that there are a good 10,000 undetected cases in the lower age cohorts. Probably need to double the number of cases at least

• Like 4
    Posted
    Just now, Summer Sun said:

New cases down by 110 compared to Saturday - 2,533 tests new tests complete to 9am today

38,907 negative

1,372 positive

14 new deaths

I think we can see why the numbers are down, is because testing is down about 30% from yesterday, which fits in with the NHS new policy of just testing those in hospital who match the symptoms.

What is far more worrying is the rise of deaths again, thats another fairly large leap for the 2nd day in a row.

It'd be useful to know how many are in a critical way as well.

• Like 1