Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Posted
    13 minutes ago, Saint coolio said:

Can’t bring myself to watch anything that kuenssberg is promoting.

She is a very professional news reporter.

• Like 2
    Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 4.8k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wonder how significant this could be in the short term. Potentially a significant breakthrough if it works Coronavirus: New treatment for critically ill patients to begin as soon as next week

An appeal to people to remember you are reading posts from people you do not know, you do not know the background of and do not know their motivations - on a weather forum.  If there are concerns

Yes Matt , I opened my store at 5:45 this morning and left at 8pm this evening , I’m back at 5:45 and walking in to a shell of a shop with new deliveries coming , Having people tell me why I bother op

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: ☀️

Attached image appears to summarise the science behind the UK’s strategy - follow the green curve, not the blue one. It appears to be predicated on the idea that it is better to get the virus to pass through the population (with some delaying mechanism to protect the health service), whilst protecting most vulnerable populations through isolation. The purpose being to create some form of herd immunity and protect ourselves from a future wave of infection (which may be even worse). Self evidently, almost every other country is going for lockdown strategy, the blue curve.

There are just so many risks with our strategy given lack of clear understanding and data around the disease - it could go catastrophically wrong.

But even if it is the right approach (highly unlikely IMO), I just can’t see how we can even attempt this now, on our own. Can you imagine the situation in a few weeks time, for example, we we had 100s/1000s of deaths a weeks, and other countries have “managed” to get it under control. We would be in turmoil.

And imagine if some existing drugs prove effective in treatment - we could have ridiculous numbers of unnecessary sick people and deaths. 

image.jpeg

• Like 5
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, warm/hot plumes, snow, anything severe

Wouldn’t surprise me if the US sees a skyrocketing amount of cases in one day soon.

Posted
    7 minutes ago, Saint coolio said:

Attached image appears to summarise the science behind the UK’s strategy - follow the green curve, not the blue one. It appears to be predicated on the idea that it is better to get the virus to pass through the population (with some delaying mechanism to protect the health service), whilst protecting most vulnerable populations through isolation. The purpose being to create some form of herd immunity and protect ourselves from a future wave of infection (which may be even worse). Self evidently, almost every other country is going for lockdown strategy, the blue curve.

There are just so many risks with our strategy given lack of clear understanding and data around the disease - it could go catastrophically wrong.

But even if it is the right approach (highly unlikely IMO), I just can’t see how we can even attempt this now, on our own. Can you imagine the situation in a few weeks time, for example, we we had 100s/1000s of deaths a weeks, and other countries have “managed” to get it under control. We would be in turmoil.

And imagine if some existing drugs prove effective in treatment - we could have ridiculous numbers of unnecessary sick people and deaths. 

image.jpeg

Well it’s either going to be a government response that will be followed by others in the future if another pandemic occurs or will be seen as the largest ever human experiment which crashed and burned with devastating consequences.

• Like 6
    Posted
    12 minutes ago, Bristle boy said:

She is a very professional news reporter.

.Censured formally once by BBC for bias, and sailed damn close to the wind during the latest election if you ask me. I mean she retweeted Dominic Cummings’s blog for goodness sake, directly, with no commentary,

i don’t care about the politics, but I do want journalists to be questioning policies on this health crisis. 

• Like 7
    Posted
    2 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

Well it’s either going to be a government response that will be followed by others in the future if another pandemic occurs or will be seen as the largest ever human experiment which crashed and burned with devastating consequences.

I guess the issue is it will get abandoned part way through and leave us with the worst of both strategies

• Like 2
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
    1 minute ago, Saint coolio said:

I guess the issue is it will get abandoned part way through and leave us with the worst of both strategies

Whatever happens, I hope it isn't this. 

• Like 3
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Disclose.tv

@disclosetv

BREAKING - ROYAL RETREAT! Queen quits Buckingham Palace over #COVID19 fears as UK cases hit 1,140 and death toll doubles to 21. Plans are in place to quarantine her and Prince Philip, 98, at Sandringham if the coronavirus outbreak worsens.

• Like 1
    Posted
    1 minute ago, alexisj9 said:

Whatever happens, I hope it isn't this. 

Agree. This is a massive decision coming up

• Like 1
    Posted
    10 minutes ago, Saint coolio said:

.Censured formally once by BBC for bias, and sailed damn close to the wind during the latest election if you ask me. I mean she retweeted Dominic Cummings’s blog for goodness sake, directly, with no commentary,

i don’t care about the politics, but I do want journalists to be questioning policies on this health crisis. 

I think she's a great journo

• Like 1
    Posted
    3 minutes ago, on the coast said:

Agree. This is a massive decision coming up

Me too.

I think we’re a few days from seeing press storied about the NHS being in crisis through this, the pressure will be too high to not fall into line imho

Guest Delete Me

So speaking to a couple of mates who have both been out to do their shopping at 24-hour supermarkets tonight (congleton and stoke), they've literally come back with a few items and said its like the end of the world scenario.

No bread, no milk, no pasta, no rice, no tins, no crisps, no towels/tissues/toilet rolls, no medicines and packed full of people with trolleys overflowing.

Off to Sainsburys in the morning, I'm gonna end somebody I can feel it!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.
    20 minutes ago, Zak M said:

Wouldn’t surprise me if the US sees a skyrocketing amount of cases in one day soon.

With lots of dead people?

Posted
    1 hour ago, pip22 said:

Steve Lookner

@lookner Report from ITV that people over 70 in the UK will be required to stay home, not go out, and have no visitors for 4 months

Peston was on about this earlier. 

Posted
    4 minutes ago, Paul Faulkner said:

So speaking to a couple of mates who have both been out to do their shopping at 24-hour supermarkets tonight (congleton and stoke), they've literally come back with a few items and said its like the end of the world scenario.

No bread, no milk, no pasta, no rice, no tins, no crisps, no towels/tissues/toilet rolls, no medicines and packed full of people with trolleys overflowing.

Off to Sainsburys in the morning, I'm gonna end somebody I can feel it!

People can’t even buy the right things. You want to be getting highly nutritious, long life stuff like smoked salmon

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow
    14 minutes ago, pip22 said:

Disclose.tv

@disclosetv

BREAKING - ROYAL RETREAT! Queen quits Buckingham Palace over #COVID19 fears as UK cases hit 1,140 and death toll doubles to 21. Plans are in place to quarantine her and Prince Philip, 98, at Sandringham if the coronavirus outbreak worsens.

Let's Philip get his old bent Range Rover out again for a last blast.

Posted

Bold laundry liquid-purple

Cheap dishwasher tablets

Orange juice /apple juice not from concentrate 

Uncle Ben’s packet golden veg rice 

Pasta chopped tomatoes 

Olive oil

Strong white flour

Yeast 

Baking soda

Cheddar 

Uht milk or powder

Eggs

Butter

Nurofen

Coke

Sliced ham

Nature valley peanut butter bars

Peanut butter

Jam

Disinfectant 

Hand wipes 

Water

Seltzer water

Coconut milk

Canned pipeapple juice

Food bars

Pemmican 

Tang

Smoked salmon

Canned fish

Bouillon 

Powdered milk

Whey powder

Hard cheese encased

Shredded wheat

Popcorn

Potato flour

Sweet potato flour

Raisins dried fruit

Nuts

Seeds

Vitamins

Calcium vit D

Canned fruit (citrus)

Canned veg

Canned Beans

Retried beans

Apple cider vinegar

White vinegar 

Vodka

• Like 2
    Posted
    Just now, Saint coolio said:

Cheap dishwasher tablets

Pasta chopped tomatoes 

Olive oil

Strong white flour

Yeast 

Baking soda

Cheddar 

Uht milk or powder

Eggs

Butter

Nurofen

Coke

Sliced ham

Peanut butter

Jam

Disinfectant 

Hand wipes 

Water

Seltzer water

Coconut milk

Canned pipeapple juice

Food bars

Pemmican 

Tang

Smoked salmon

Canned fish

Bouillon 

Powdered milk

Whey powder

Hard cheese encased

Shredded wheat

Popcorn

Potato flour

Sweet potato flour

Raisins dried fruit

Nuts

Seeds

Vitamins

Calcium vit D

Canned fruit (citrus)

Canned veg

Canned Beans

Retried beans

Apple cider vinegar

White vinegar 

Vodka

That was my preppers list from Feb - ignore the top few though, wife added them!

just in case it helps... 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.
    6 minutes ago, Saint coolio said:

Cheap dishwasher tablets

Pasta chopped tomatoes 

Olive oil

Strong white flour

Yeast 

Baking soda

Cheddar 

Uht milk or powder

Eggs

Butter

Nurofen

Coke

Sliced ham

Peanut butter

Jam

Disinfectant 

Hand wipes 

Water

Seltzer water

Coconut milk

Canned pipeapple juice

Food bars

Pemmican 

Tang

Smoked salmon

Canned fish

Bouillon 

Powdered milk

Whey powder

Hard cheese encased

Shredded wheat

Popcorn

Potato flour

Sweet potato flour

Raisins dried fruit

Nuts

Seeds

Vitamins

Calcium vit D

Canned fruit (citrus)

Canned veg

Canned Beans

Retried beans

Apple cider vinegar

White vinegar 

Vodka

Stuff you were looking to buy or your purchases?

Edited by snefnug
    Posted
    1 hour ago, Bristle boy said:

And 000s of elderly would've died in hospitals here throughout the Winter, massively increased numbers compared to normal. The spike would've been so large there is no way the NHS, health experts, govt would've somehow missed it.

I just want to add to my post. 

Anecdotal alert:

When my dad was admitted to hospital during his last days, nearly 2 years ago, he was immediately diagnosed with suspected pneumonia. When he was transferred to a ward, after about 12 hours in an A&E bed, the main doctor on the ward told us she would test him for influenza, because a number of his symptoms were clear signs of flu.

Later on the following day she confirmed he had influenza in his body. She was 99.9% sure his pneumonia was influenza-induced. She also told us it is routine testing to look for causes of pneumonia.

So, any patients admitted to hospital during the winter with pneumonia, for example, would have had further tests done to determine why the pneumonia; many would've been elderly. Those tests would've detected COVID-19, if present. 

There have been no reports of huge spike in deaths during the Winter months. If COVID-19 had been active it would've showed up and reported.

So, there is no way these coughs, talked about on SM, that happened in November, December or even January would've been COVID-19, otherwise it would've spread like wildfire much much earlier than now, and the elderly would've been dying in droves.

Edited by Bristle boy
    • Like 5
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

The Spectator Index

@spectatorindex

BREAKING: Wife of Spain's Prime Minister tests positive for coronavirus

• Like 2
    Posted
    3 minutes ago, snefnug said:

Dis tang?

DEB00643-20D8-4971-BC44-A7D3AE3931BF.jpeg