Thunder?
Local
Radar
Pollen

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms and anything extreme.
    18 minutes ago, The PIT said:
    20 minutes ago, Bristle boy said:

I hold shares in Morrisons. One of the few i didnt sell down the other week, before markets got battered.

People will always need to eat ?

Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 4.8k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wonder how significant this could be in the short term. Potentially a significant breakthrough if it works Coronavirus: New treatment for critically ill patients to begin as soon as next week

An appeal to people to remember you are reading posts from people you do not know, you do not know the background of and do not know their motivations - on a weather forum.  If there are concerns

Yes Matt , I opened my store at 5:45 this morning and left at 8pm this evening , I’m back at 5:45 and walking in to a shell of a shop with new deliveries coming , Having people tell me why I bother op

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Germany began banning gatherings of 1000 or more 4 days ago, when they were on 1295 cases.

In Germany, which has 1,295 coronavirus patients and where two people have died, Berlin authorities announced the closure of all theatres, concert halls and opera houses until at least the end of the Easter holidays. The capital also became the seventh of Germany’s 16 states to ban gatherings of 1,000 people or more.

Source

• Like 2
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms
    Just now, kold weather said:

France adds 838 cases and also 12 deaths to the total.

Been trying to keep up to date with BFMTV but it's slow to update.

That is seriously crap! OH being evacuated next weekend over here for sure.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, Ice days, warm sunny days.
    13 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

Okay my final question !

The mouth and nasal passage seem to be better conditions for the virus to multiply initially .

But do these areas provide constant reinforcements to the virus to help it overwhelm the body .

I'll be following the advice from that doctor ( and of course the guidelines ) from now on.. I'll also be doing it for any other ailments in the future.

12 minutes ago, The PIT said:

I think your thinking far to much about it. If you're fit and healthy you'll probably whack it into touch without any difficulty unless you're very unlucky.

He does mention fit and healthy people are more likely resist small doses of viruses but not large amounts so even if you're fit you still  have to keep the numbers down to avoid developing the worst symptoms.

• Like 1
    Posted
    26 minutes ago, AWD said:

Me too.  Bread is fresh and meat is good. 

Pork shoulder offer at £2 kg. Got a nice large joint. Butchered  it so have good sized joint tomorrow for the family and the rest I made into sausages. 

Edited by Snipper
    • Like 3
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy
    1 hour ago, BornFromTheVoid said:

Yeah, that's all fine. It's just the medical advice that's an issue. 

Errrm.....

Does this include repeating the advice of the U.S. 'Coronavirus Prof' with regards toward a 'Proactive Approach' to viral load management once infected?

The more I consider the advice the more 'Sage' it becomes (on so many levels?).

Edited by Gray-Wolf
    Posted
    1 minute ago, Spikecollie said:

Been trying to keep up to date with BFMTV but it's slow to update.

That is seriously crap! OH being evacuated next weekend over here for sure.

I'm so sorry this may happen to your OH but strict measures are needed to combat this

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, warm/hot plumes, snow, anything severe

• Like 1
    Posted

Oh god .. day 3 : I was feeling much better. Now I have a fever. I'm still kinda sure I don't have covid ... I think ??

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms
    3 minutes ago, Jhonny147 said:

I'm so sorry this may happen to your OH but strict measures are needed to combat this

Not due to being infected, just our contingency plan as he was booked for April 2 but we feel the need to get him back here ASAP before it may become impossible....

Posted

Now Latvia closes its borders (from Tuesday). Also went to our local Budgens. No garlic bread but everything else in stock! 

Posted

https://www.thelancet.com/pdfs/journals/lanres/PIIS2213-2600(20)30116-8.pdf

An article in the Lancet

the increased susceptibility and mortality in some might be related to ACE inhibitor and ARBs medications they are taking to treat hypertension and prevent diabetes complications.

"These data suggest that ACE2 expression is increased in diabetes and treatment with ACE inhibitors and ARBs increases ACE2 expression. Consequently, the increased expression of ACE2 would facilitate infection with COVID-19. We therefore hypothesise that diabetes and hypertension treatment with ACE2-stimulating drugs increases the risk of developing severe and fatal COVID-19."

Also mentions Ibuprofen: sure I saw something about that in this thread.

• Like 2
    Posted
    1 minute ago, Snipper said:

Lot of planes currently taking off and landing in Spain. Obviously plenty over flying. 

4D37BA86-F9DA-46CB-864D-50FF10F15747.png

Will be interesting to see how this changes once the travel bans stick in

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, warm/hot plumes, snow, anything severe

• Like 5
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy and frosty
    27 minutes ago, Tilly said:

Luckily the celiacs dont seem to be panic buying as we have 2 in our household and all the gluten free bits were well stocked ? 

Snap, I’m coeliac and did wonder if the non coeliac panic buyers would start on the gluten free stuff.... they may yet!  I’m really sensitive and can't tolerate oat based gluten free stuff so am very careful what I buy.  At £3.50 a loaf though non coeliac panic buyers might think twice ??

• Like 3
    12 minutes ago, BornFromTheVoid said:

Germany began banning gatherings of 1000 or more 4 days ago, when they were on 1295 cases.

In Germany, which has 1,295 coronavirus patients and where two people have died, Berlin authorities announced the closure of all theatres, concert halls and opera houses until at least the end of the Easter holidays. The capital also became the seventh of Germany’s 16 states to ban gatherings of 1,000 people or more.

Source

"Began" is the crucial word there. As far as I can see, Germany overall has not actually banned gatherings of more than 1000, but states have started to. Plus they have still not closed schools across the entire country either, so I think it's fair to say they are taking a "similar" approach, at the moment at least, to the UK.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
    1 hour ago, Snowycat said:

Sorry but my anger and complete distain is currently channelled towards where this whole viral nightmare originated from.

I'll never be angry with nature. 

• Like 2
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy and frosty
    1 minute ago, alexisj9 said:

I'll never be angry with nature. 

Neither am I.

Edited by Snowycat
    • Like 2
    Posted
    3 minutes ago, emax said:

"Began" is the crucial word there. As far as I can see, Germany overall has not actually banned gatherings of more than 1000, but states have started to. Plus they have still not closed schools across the entire country either, so I think it's fair to say they are taking a "similar" approach, at the moment at least, to the UK.

Yes agreed. The important element i tried to say earlier was more around their overall strategy being v similar, if not almost same as UK. They are just slightly ahead of the curve in how far it has progressed there  so if others want to get pedantic over a few days difference then so be it (not you, by the way).

Posted
    1 minute ago, Bristle boy said:

Yes agreed. The important element i tried to say earlier was more around their overall strategy being v similar, if not almost same as UK. They are just slightly ahead of the curve in how far it has progressed there  so if others want to get pedantic over a few days difference then so be it (not you, by the way).

The big difference is obviously the political structure of Germany. The main German approach from their government is very similar to what ours is. I remember reading that they have basically said that it will be impossible to stop it from leaking over the borders even if they close all borders, and also impossible to stop it now its started.

Which sounds very similar to what our advice is. So its not totally true we are on our own. However with the German system individual states can ban gatherings and close schools as they want, so its more of a mixed bag.

• Like 1