Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

COVID-19 Pandemic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any kind of extremes. But the more snow the better.

Absolutely bedlam out there now, as your well aware. The shelves are stripped bare in so many places. For the love of god folks, please give a little thought for the infirm and desperate who are going without... Had to have a little giggle at this picture from earlier today, not because I'm not taking this situation seriously... More in the hope it can help eradicate the sheer amount of stress that is now building up within us. The person in this picture must have been watching 28 days later when he ventured out today... Perhaps a few hundred of em are locked down in a remote country house somewhere... Good lord. 

25969720-8112177-image-a-37_1584199277691.jpg

• Like 7

Posted

I've taken every precaution but I've developed a cough today, as a teacher it comes with the territory and it's why schools should be closed. I think I have a cold to be honest rather than this virus but either way I'm going to have to self isolate. I know this is a keep politics out thread but I am so annoyed at the UK 'response.' 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms

I'm not sure you even need this translated but basically a supermarket not so far away from me has reacted with ironic comment to the mad behaviour of some customers.:

You don't need 60 toilet rolls, COVID-19 doesn't give you the trots.

You don't need 46 packets of pasta unless you are going make necklaces for your chldren who are off school.

You don't need 50 packets of rice. It's not well matched to your 60 rolls of toilet paper as it tends to constipate you.

No need for 600 bottles of water, your supply will not be cut off.

Please think of those who live far away and their fear and anxiety and buy as you normally would.

32311693-intermarche-le-palais_4691415.j
WWW.LEPOPULAIRE.FR

Sur sa page Facebook, l'enseigne a fait passer un message fort en ironie.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Look after yourself Mark88 and you get well soon.

However poltics is related to this thread so can't be kept out totally. From China's original lets keep secret to Fridays not do anything announcement.

• Like 2

Posted
44 minutes ago, pip22 said:

Disclose.tv

@disclosetv·59s

WHO spokeswoman Dr. Harris slammed the UK's decision to aim for #COVID19 herd immunity: "We don't know enough about the science of this novel coronavirus, it hasn't been in our population for long enough for us to know what it does in immunological terms."

Deary me thats quite a debunk for our idea, whilst I do trust in our guys, for the WHO to outright talk about this in such a manner is quite alarming.

I really do think we have to get more inline with the rest of the world. Doesn't mean we go total lockdown, but mass gatherings should have gone last week at least...

• Like 2

Posted
6 minutes ago, Mattwolves said:

Absolutely bedlam out there now, as your well aware. The shelves are stripped bare in so many places. For the love of god folks, please give a little thought for the infirm and desperate who are going without... Had to have a little giggle at this picture from earlier today, not because I'm not taking this situation seriously... More in the hope it can help eradicate the sheer amount of stress that is now building up within us. The person in this picture must have been watching 28 days later when he ventured out today... Perhaps a few hundred of em are locked down in a remote country house somewhere... Good lord. 

That is truly bizarre but a reflection of what "this thing that has come among us" has engendered...

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Sky News

@SkyNews·4m

Coronavirus: US adds UK and Ireland to European travel ban

Edited by pip22
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy
9 minutes ago, Mark88 said:

I've taken every precaution but I've developed a cough today, as a teacher it comes with the territory and it's why schools should be closed. I think I have a cold to be honest rather than this virus but either way I'm going to have to self isolate. I know this is a keep politics out thread but I am so annoyed at the UK 'response.' 

Try and keep knocking it back by gargling mouthwash (with alcohol in it) and treating your nasal passages with an antiviral agent (you body will 'prove you' with the mucus to allow you to 'snork back' some of the agent to cover that 'Hard to Reach' junction with nose/throat?)

Keep hydrated, avoid anti 'inflammatories and steroids' (it now appears?) so just use paracetamol for temp control?(no 'Brufen'!)

You'll be through it all in no time!

Be well!

Edited by Gray-Wolf

Posted
20 minutes ago, BornFromTheVoid said:

Below is a graph of the cumulative COVID-19 cases in the UK

Confirmed_14_3.thumb.png.7d1788c59897259cdebef9d9f359871d.png

So far, the proportion of confirmed cases has been growing at a trend 0.5% each day. Assuming this continues, and that the ramp up to 10,000 tests per day continues, below is an extrapolation of the number of cases over the next week.

Predicted_14_3.thumb.png.def5f141f23d7b6025725f6cbab59deb.png

A dramatic increase, but very much in line what the rises seen elsewhere in Europe.

That curve would indicate we are not having any run away actvity.

If we see it bend to the left of that trend line, we are in trouble, that is what happened with Italy and Spain, they suddenly lurched left of their previous trend lines.

I suspect tomorrow we will be in the 1600 range based on Italy's model.

Posted
11 minutes ago, Mark88 said:

I'm a teacher as well. i think the government will try and keep us open as long as possible, but I think it will get a point where so many staff are off it reaches a critical mass where it is no longer safe on a safeguarding/safety side of things and things will rapidly close from there. i'm sure classes will collapse as far as possible before that case, so get ready for classes of 50 soon...going to be dreadful as by that point its going to be death by a thousand cuts.

Edited by kold weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Is it me or does Trump sound ill

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

I wonder what could be behind this?

Posted
Just now, Zak M said:

I wonder what could be behind this?

Because saliva is a prime way to spread it, and in a bucket of chicken the assumption is multiple people will use it, thus you may infect the others your sharing with. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic Storms, Thunder & Lightning, Snow.
10 minutes ago, Mattwolves said:

I have regular home delivery on a Tuesday, I'm housebound in rural area and cannot drive due to my disability. There are no delivery slots available for the whole of next week! that never happens.

• Like 1

Posted
9 minutes ago, pip22 said:

Sky News

@SkyNews·4m

Coronavirus: US adds UK and Ireland to European travel ban

Perhaps Trump can ban his own country !

At least the UK and Ireland were actually testing people . He can take his ban and stick it up his arxe!

Edited by nick sussex
  • Like 7

Posted

Have to agree with the comments about panic buying. We did do a bit of an extra shop 2 weeks ago, to make sure that after the weekly shop we had 3 weeks stock of food and essentials,  that meant buying 2 packs of bog rolls, not 20 and topping the freezer up a bit. Now we are just being careful to replace what we use rather than running out/low, that way if we do have to self isolate for 14 days we are covered. so our weekly shop is about the same. Common sense seems to be completely lacking.

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, Dreckly said:

I have regular home delivery on a Tuesday, I'm housebound in rural area and cannot drive due to my disability. There are no delivery slots available for the whole of next week! that never happens.

I would contact your local supermarket. Sometimes a one to one conversation can sort something out. I hope you are OK - some of my clients are the same but neighbours (and people like me) will make sure they get their supplies. At the moment, we are trying to make sure the most vulnerable and remote folks have at least a two week supply of non perishable stuff like ready meals that can be kept outside the fridge and canned meals.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
52 minutes ago, The PIT said:

UK is right rest of the world is wrong.

How do you, scratch that, how does anyone know? 

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Summer Sun said:

President Trump has taken a corona test. His result is due later today.

I hope it’s negative otherwise he’ll try and milk it for sympathy which he deserves none of ! And the media will subject us to minute by minute updates on his condition!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.

I'd like to share this useful information from a friend. 

And since you may well have been exposed anyhow, remove any coronavirus already around your nose and throat: Wash your hands and face well with soap and warm water, including -- on a finger -- a quarter-inch into each nostril. Then gently blow your nose. DON'T use those irrigating devices, like neti pots, that might force virus further inside! Brush your teeth and tongue, swish and spit, and gargle once or twice with an antiseptic mouthwash. 

You can also prevent particles entering your airways by applying vaseline just inside your nostril but make sure to wash it out before bed. 

• Like 4

Posted
3 minutes ago, D.V.R said:

I'd like to share this useful information from a friend. 

And since you may well have been exposed anyhow, remove any coronavirus already around your nose and throat: Wash your hands and face well with soap and warm water, including -- on a finger -- a quarter-inch into each nostril. Then gently blow your nose. DON'T use those irrigating devices, like neti pots, that might force virus further inside! Brush your teeth and tongue, swish and spit, and gargle once or twice with an antiseptic mouthwash. 

You can also prevent particles entering your airways by applying vaseline just inside your nostril but make sure to wash it out before bed. 

Thanks is that to do with the viral load . I read a while back that the virus likes the nose especially to multiply because it’s cooler than other parts of the body .

Edited by nick sussex
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

• Like 1