IGNORED

COVID-19 Pandemic

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
4 minutes ago, Robbie Garrett said:

Just a thought.

The same way not everyone catches a cold.

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, The PIT said:

Well the virus has arrived at work lets see what happens. Most staff are hoping for a few days away from work although we will be expected to work.

Stay safe , take care:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.
7 hours ago, Daniel* said:

OK this is much better from Trump.. free testing is imperative. 

Shame about the National day of prayer declared that will inevitably  encourage many more people than usual to pack into churches across the US at once. What a perfect way to spread the virus further.....

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
2 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

Stay safe , take care:)

Cheers I'll be fine but it's other staff members I'm concerned about.

• Like 1

Posted

Big legal news from Australia. All juries suspended in the state of Victoria indefinitely.  I wonder if other states will follow suit. Victoria has 36 confirmed cases, mostly in Melbourne. There was a +31 jump nationally today.

corona.thumb.png.5cbb0fc0cb0097c8c2c87b461baae427.png

Edited by Styx
  • Like 2

Posted
14 minutes ago, Man With Beard said:

Do you sense this is a panic reaction or planned reaction? 

I don't think they wanted to do it but people do not behave so they were forced to. Earlier this week they cancelled schools, banned all events and closed pubs and restaurants after 8pm. But kids flooded shopping centers because they have nothing to do now so I guess they had to go all the way.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, daz_4 said:

I don't think they wanted to do it but people do not behave so they were forced to. Earlier this week they cancelled schools, banned all events and closed pubs and restaurants after 8pm. But kids flooded shopping centers because they have nothing to do now so I guess they had to go all the way.

Interesting - wonder how this is all going to work in a western country. 

Posted
1 hour ago, daz_4 said:

Just woke up and found out the government closed all pubs, restaurants and other non-essential shops completely overnight. Surreal feeling. 

Hope you’re ok out there?

Get the feeling we’ll all be in a similar boat soon.

Edited by lottiekent

Posted
3 minutes ago, Man With Beard said:

Interesting - wonder how this is all going to work in a western country. 

Majority of our country lived through communism so people just live with it. It's pretty weird for younger generation though for sure. It will be devastating for pubs and restaurants.

3 minutes ago, lottiekent said:

Get the feeling we’ll all the in a similar boat soon.

So for so good. Measures were introduced on Tuesday when we had 38 cases, now we are at 150. Let's hope it won't rise too fast.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Ermmm..... 

Everyone alright in here?  It's been 20mins since the last post? 

• Like 3

Posted

I'm on day 2 of self isolation having started a fever on Thursday afternoon. Temperature going up and down, slightly dodgy belly, a bit dizzy and disoriented, lungs feel hot and dry... Weird sensation.... But so far very little in the way of coughing.

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, AWD said:

Ermmm..... 

Everyone alright in here?  It's been 20mins since the last post? 

Very funny ! It’s early ! Seems quite weird today no football or rugby , indeed no sport hardly anywhere in the world .

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Cold, Very Snowy
44 minutes ago, Man With Beard said:

I'm starting think this virus is far more widespread than the statistics show, but most people aren't getting bad enough symptoms to get tested. If that's the case, then it's actually very good news as the death rate is even lower than being reported.

Public figures I guess have quicker access to healthcare, so more of them get tested - perhaps? 

Yes, the Chelsea player seems to have had very mild symptoms and guess would not have been tested in the wider population. 

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, fujita5 said:

I'm on day 2 of self isolation having started a fever on Thursday afternoon. Temperature going up and down, slightly dodgy belly, a bit dizzy and disoriented, lungs feel hot and dry... Weird sensation.... But so far very little in the way of coughing.

Hope you are soon on the road to recovery.  I think everyone will be wondering the worst but actually only have one of the many colds/bugs going about.

• Like 3

Posted
3 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

Very funny ! It’s early ! Seems quite weird today no football or rugby , indeed no sport hardly anywhere in the world .

We will have start watching repeats on the tv.  Oh just realised we are always doing that.

• Like 3

Posted
5 minutes ago, Snipper said:

Hope you are soon on the road to recovery.  I think everyone will be wondering the worst but actually only have one of the many colds/bugs going about.

Yes, I think that could end up being a problem as well, because people will think they have had, be immune and then go out and possibly spread it if they actually get it, because they will think its just a cold as they have already had it. I'm not sure how many would then self isolate again.

China has almost got rid of it today, South Korea still ticking over with new cases (they have been averaging 100-200 for a little while now), though their fatality rate is starting to climb, getting closer to 1% of the cases now

Edited by kold weather

Posted
4 minutes ago, Snipper said:

That's the thing, this could easily be covid-19 or just a cold, no way of knowing. With so many things doing the rounds it's likely many people will be forced to stay off work more than once over the coming weeks.

• Like 2

Posted
3 minutes ago, kold weather said:

Yes, I think that could end up being a problem as well, because people will think they have had, be immune and then go out and possibly spread it if they actually get it, because they will think its just a cold as they have already had it. I'm not sure how many would then self isolate again

Yeah I thought this myself. Not many people can afford multiple periods of time off work so could end up ignoring a second bout of symptoms. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms
12 minutes ago, fujita5 said:

Wishing you a speedy recovery. Keep us updated on your condition please.

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, Robbie Garrett said:

Just a thought.

That thread is absolutely full of people recounting a virus they had before or around Christmas like myself. Spooky.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes
41 minutes ago, lottiekent said:

Get the feeling we’ll all be in a similar boat soon.

We wont because the government want 60% of us to get it 

• Like 2

Posted

Has anyone read what powers the governments new emergency laws are?

1. Forcing schools to stay open
2. Detaining people suspected of carrying the virus
3. Reducing standards in care homes
4. Stopping any vehicle for no reason

And these are planned to be in place for two years.

If you consider point 3 especially, no thoughts for the elderly at all. 

1C1D70B7-54B2-4422-9250-D27EE981E0FF.jpeg

Edited by lottiekent
  • Like 1