Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

COVID-19 Pandemic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms

I'm going to bed now - I need to switch off from this. Nice music, warm and relaxed dog beside me...it's cold outside -2c! and a good hard frost this morning too.

• Like 8

Posted
1 minute ago, nick sussex said:

If you get a cluster of cases at a school surely that then becomes an issue for the local community .

Are parents going to be forced to send their kids to school .  What if the parent is the main carer for an elderly family member and fears catching and then passing on the virus .

Then it will probably be upto that parent to make that call I suppose.

But the schools will remain open for as long as possible according to what I've heard from the CMO in the last 24hrs, if only to operate as effectively a baby sitting service for those in the essential services who can't get off work, etc. 

• Like 2

Posted

If you get a cluster of cases at a school surely that then becomes an issue for the local community .

Are parents going to be forced to send their kids to school .  What if the parent is the main carer for an elderly family member and fears catching and then passing on the virus .

Generally that’s going to happen anyway unless people can come together and organise locally to look after peeps kids...

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Summer Sun said:

Shame this is the express 

Screenshot_20200313-221805_Twitter.thumb.jpg.e4717d7b4955ec1baad1406b0a3160a5.jpg

I actually have a connection to someone who is indirectly involved with the testing. I was told this evening from them that this has gone quite well (it was a vet who has been involved with the animal testing side of it). It will take time to test on people and then to go out to trial, however in theory it appears to work.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny
7 minutes ago, WillinGlossop said:

That’s what we’re having an outbreak for healthy peeps.... to save the vulnerable....90% mild cases... to save from the second wave and give immunity

You're assuming the attendees of Cheltenham were all young, fit and healthy. Isn't that event geared towards middle + upper age groups? 

Edited by Stabilo19
  • Like 1

Posted

The government u turn on mass gatherings being reported  is being forced on them by sporting bodies .

Does this sound like a government in control of events ? 

Edited by nick sussex
  • Like 6

Posted

The government u turn on mass gatherings being reported  is being forced on them by sporting bodies .

I mean its de facto happening anyway, so may as well look like you are the ones with the idea! Its the sporting groups nudging the government!!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Sky news confirming the mass gatherings ban

2372003130010773907_4947185.jpg?20200313
NEWS.SKY.COM

So far, ministers have resisted such a move even though some major sporting events have already been postponed or suspended.

• Like 3

Posted

Im led to believe there is a young chap mid 30s on ICU at the Royal Oldham hospital after testing positive.

He has no underlying health issues.

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Sky news confirming the mass gatherings ban

2372003130010773907_4947185.jpg?20200313
NEWS.SKY.COM

So far, ministers have resisted such a move even though some major sporting events have already been postponed or suspended.

The government need to stop pretending that life can go on as normal ! This is beginning to look like the band playing on the Titanic .

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

• Like 3

Posted

See my post in model thread, links between weather and health, amongst the general gloom, we do have the wonders of spring on our doorstep, new life injected into nature, a time to reflect on the smaller things in life, watching trees coming to new leaf, first bluebells, lambs etc... mother nature thankfully not hampered by the virus.. the increasing heat from the sun will do wonders as well, boosting people's energy and much needed vitamin D.

On the flip side I remember foot and mouth and how that closed off our access to nature.. a walk in the countryside will do wonders!

Edited by damianslaw
  • Like 5

Posted
24 minutes ago, kold weather said:

Hard to know, I suppose it is to keep the schools open when staffing collapses in the future. I legitimately think they are not going to close schools unless staffing makes it dangerous to keep the kids there. Its just not a part of their plan full stop. And this measure IMO proves it.

However glad they are FINALLY acknowledging that they need to ban gatherings, maybe WAY too late by that point, I think cases will explode next week in this country, as part of the curve.

Your a teacher, stop shouting lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

More news regarding vaccines:

"The first human trials of a vaccine to fight coronavirus are set to begin within days, scientists have announced.

Healthy volunteers in the US will be given the new-generation “genetic hack” after it bypassed standard animal testing as part of a highly accelerated process.

If the candidate drug proves safe, it will then be tried on larger groups of patients infected with Covid-19 to test its efficacy.

Pharmaceutical industry leaders hope there could be millions of doses ready within 12 to 18 months, but admit “it’s aspirational”."

mqdefault.jpg
WWW.TELEGRAPH.CO.UK

The first human trials of a vaccine to fight coronavirus are set to begin within days, scientists have announced.

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, Stabilo19 said:

More news regarding vaccines:

"The first human trials of a vaccine to fight coronavirus are set to begin within days, scientists have announced.

Healthy volunteers in the US will be given the new-generation “genetic hack” after it bypassed standard animal testing as part of a highly accelerated process.

If the candidate drug proves safe, it will then be tried on larger groups of patients infected with Covid-19 to test its efficacy.

Pharmaceutical industry leaders hope there could be millions of doses ready within 12 to 18 months, but admit “it’s aspirational”."

mqdefault.jpg
WWW.TELEGRAPH.CO.UK

The first human trials of a vaccine to fight coronavirus are set to begin within days, scientists have announced.

I volunteer as tribute!

Posted
14 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

They've always said they'll move to it when necessary. Nothing new here. Move along.

• Like 2

Posted
17 minutes ago, Stabilo19 said:

You're assuming the attendees of Cheltenham were all young, fit and healthy. Isn't that event geared towards middle + upper age groups? 

Nope. All age groups these days.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Bristle boy said:

They've always said they'll move to it when necessary. Nothing new here. Move along.

I admire your spin ! Do you have a side job we don’t know about ? 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
1 minute ago, Bedknobs and Boomsticks said:

Christ things must be bad if The Express has switched from feear mongering to false hope! 

No - they always do it - they do it with miracle cures for Cancer and stuff.

• Like 3

Posted
1 minute ago, feb1991blizzard said:

No - they always do it - they do it with miracle cures for Cancer and stuff.

Actually.... 

EXPRESSBINGO.ORG.UK

The Daily Express front page recycles the same dozen themes – and sometimes the same stories – over and over. Track them here.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

The government need to stop pretending that life can go on as normal ! This is beginning to look like the band playing on the Titanic .

You mean like holding elections? 

Posted
1 minute ago, emax said:

You mean like holding elections? 

It’s amazing how quickly all these changes are coming , a few days back they seemed pretty happy with their decisions .