Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

COVID-19 Pandemic

Posted
3 minutes ago, weirpig said:

Indeed  it would be great if i had the brain power  to see what percentages thay are depending on population in a certain area

North west region has around 8 million roughly, London is about 9ish.

So really they should have similar levels, but London is quite alot ahead of the NW now, more so than the population difference would suggest should be the case. Its why I'm just a little concerned.

Edited by kold weather

Posted

We should hopefully have some anti virals in use by April to help reduce the severity of the illness and with warmer temps on the way lets hope we can avoid the worst .

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers
1 minute ago, nick sussex said:

We should hopefully have some anti virals in use by April to help reduce the severity of the illness and with warmer temps on the way lets hope we can avoid the worst .

It's going to be a rough few weeks, but as you say hopefully scientist who are working flat out will have some vaccines ready for human trials shortly

• Like 5

Guest Delete Me
1 minute ago, Summer Sun said:

It's going to be a rough few weeks, but as you say hopefully scientist who are working flat out will have some vaccines ready for human trials shortly

Human trials commenced in China a few weeks back, doctors who were on the front line were some of the first to volunteer....incredibly brave!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hoar Frost, Snow, Misty Autumn mornings
2 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

The infection rate in Africa seems somewhat slower:

gettyimages-1205024789.jpg
WWW.NEWSCIENTIST.COM

Experts still don't know why so few coronavirus cases have been reported in Africa, despite the continent’s large population and China being its top trading partner

Is it wishful thinking to suppose that temperature might be a factor?

• Like 2

Posted
7 minutes ago, Paul Faulkner said:

For a population of 330 million Americans..

image.thumb.png.7b109d141c0e21002a2282b6684908de.png

At that rate, to test roughly everyone in America that would take 17,814 days, or almost 49 years..........

Edited by Ryukai

Posted

Apparently over two thirds of cases in Singapore and Tianjin in China who tested positive caught it from people who didn’t show any symptoms but were incubating the  virus .

• Like 4

Posted
3 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

I don’t know nick Madrid is getting very hard hit and it is warm there.... 24C there today.

1227C450-00B3-447A-885A-D1A55CA919C5.thumb.png.dea28354502422a1e91e402167003717.png

I thought the thread was locked down! For a moment I was .. we are certainly entering a new era with this virus so I think a new thread is a good idea. 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny
9 minutes ago, weirpig said:

Indeed  it would be great if i had the brain power  to see what percentages thay are depending on population in a certain area

London: 0.0015% of population with confirmed coronavirus

Scotland: 0.0011% ^

• Like 4

Guest Delete Me
3 minutes ago, weirpig said:

And its still better than here  

That's their total known capacity.

We've already tested more in 4 weeks than they in total at the moment.

As of March 9th the UK had 387 tests per million people - USA had just 26 tests per million

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

So ,UK Govt., whilst the population is 'acquiring' 'Herd Immunity' in a "phased and delayed way" where are you sticking the 'at risk groups' you say you seek to spare from Covid-19?

Do you see any issues with your 'Masterplan'?

I give up!!!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
11 minutes ago, jtay said:

When we'll have Harry Kane back.

And Rashford, and the likes of Foden, Grealish and Maddison will have another year of top level experience.

Posted

About to get on a bus to meet ex-work colleague for a few beers, near to Bristol city centre. Gloucester rd, home of the students and 'alternative' Bristol population. Wifey insisted i put small bot of hand gel in pocket.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

The Oak Tree Academy, Stockton - Letter to parents re temporary closure Dear Parent/Carer Northern Education Trust The Oak Tree Academy temporary closure I would like to make you aware that a pupil at The Oak Tree Academy has been in contact with a person who has tested positive for coronavirus (Covid-19). As a precautionary measure, I have taken the difficult decision to temporarily close The Oak Tree Academy. I am sure you would want us to be extremely cautious with regards to the safety of your children but I understand that under these circumstances you will no doubt have questions and concerns, and a document has been prepared to try and answer your queries. This is available on the academy website, and I have also attached a Government poster which provides advice. Although no pupils or staff members have tested positive, the pupil is currently being tested for the virus. We will continue to follow the advice of Public Health England, and further communication will be sent confirming the date the academy will re-open. The academy website will also be regularly updated. I would like to thank you for your continued support and offer my personal reassurance that we are continuing to monitor the situation closely and do everything we can to safeguard the health and wellbeing of your children. If you have any further enquiries please do not hesitate to contact the academy at oaktree.enquiries@northerneducationtrust.org or by phone on 01642 602029. Yours sincerely Elizabeth Pollitt Principal

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, Daniel* said:

I don’t know nick Madrid is getting very hard hit and it is warm there.... 24C there today.

1227C450-00B3-447A-885A-D1A55CA919C5.thumb.png.dea28354502422a1e91e402167003717.png

I thought the thread was locked down! For a moment I was .. we are certainly entering a new era with this virus so I think a new thread is a good idea. 

Yes but could the situation have been worse . Also behavioural changes caused by warmer weather are also relative .

In the UK people’s behaviour alters in relation to warmer conditions at a different temp .

What’s warm for Brits isn’t necessarily so for areas that have much hotter conditions .

Behaviour change is only one part though of the seasonal effect .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

The Portuguese Football Federation has announced the suspension of all football for an 'indefinite period'

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unseasonably cold weather (at all times of year), wind, and thunderstorms.
13 minutes ago, Yarmy said:

The infection rate in Africa seems somewhat slower:

gettyimages-1205024789.jpg
WWW.NEWSCIENTIST.COM

Experts still don't know why so few coronavirus cases have been reported in Africa, despite the continent’s large population and China being its top trading partner

Is it wishful thinking to suppose that temperature might be a factor?

Vitamin D a possible factor. Posted this yesterday but was quickly buried!!

1-s2.0-S1201971210X00170-cov150h.gif
WWW.SCIENCEDIRECT.COM

Seasonal variations in ultraviolet B (UVB) radiation cause seasonal variations in vitamin D status. This may influence immune responses and play a rol…

Edited by Relativistic
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms
6 minutes ago, Gray-Wolf said:

So ,UK Govt., whilst the population is 'acquiring' 'Herd Immunity' in a "phased and delayed way" where are you sticking the 'at risk groups' you say you seek to spare from Covid-19?

Do you see any issues with your 'Masterplan'?

I give up!!!

The general thinking is that there's little chance of stopping the virus sweeping through the population now. It appears the UK plan is just to slow the transmission, so the peak number of cases is more spread out. This leaves some more capacity to treat the vulnerable groups and critical cases - or so the explanation goes.
Whether that approach will be enough or not to achieve their goals, especially compared to the measures taken by the other European counterparts, remains to be seen.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunderstorms or snow
skysports-f1-australian-gp_4936285.jpg
WWW.SKYSPORTS.COM

The Australian Grand Prix is set to go ahead this weekend as planned despite McLaren's withdrawal after a team member tested positive for coronavirus.

Austrilian Grand Prix Sill on (translated as crap just realsed i have to stay up past 1 this morning) 

• Like 1