Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

COVID-19 Pandemic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms
2372003180014050607_4950143.jpg?20200318
NEWS.SKY.COM

The experiment involved blanket testing of the town's entire population of 3,300 people.

Posted
10 minutes ago, Zak M said:

This picture speaks a thousand words.

81BF22CF-FC45-477D-9D31-61D1EA9E84A6.jpeg

Or speaks of a thousand dinosaur

EDIT Oh dear i forgot the rude word police.  I was talking about the hole in your backside where all the poo comes out 

Edited by Snipper
  • Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, matty007 said:

Very difficult to get tested unless you are hospitalized. For those with symptoms, the vast majority will just be self isolated and assumed to have it.

Symptoms are fairly classic covid, although with abscene of cough. But this can happen, and may come later.

But could it be something else?

• Like 1

Guest Delete Me

My work colleague today registered a temperature of 40c and was immediately sent home. I've been with him all morning and he was a passenger in my car today 1 hour before he fell ill.

At the moment I feel fine, his symptoms have come on 2 days after his partner and kids developed a cough and felt unwell.

Posted
13 minutes ago, Zak M said:

This picture speaks a thousand words.

81BF22CF-FC45-477D-9D31-61D1EA9E84A6.jpeg

Just outrageous. 

I understand people are buying stuff because they may need it for 2 weeks, but for everywhere to be this short day after day after day suggests either extreme hording, or people selling it online for profit.

What a disgrace some people are.

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, Paul Faulkner said:

My work colleague today registered a temperature of 40c and was immediately sent home. I've been with him all morning and he was a passenger in my car today 1 hour before he fell ill.

At the moment I feel fine, his symptoms have come on 2 days after his partner and kids developed a cough and felt unwell.

I would probably describe my symptoms are mild, the cough certainly is quite the hack and the shortness of breath is noticeable. I wouldn't want to think what it'd be like with more severe version, must be awful.

Whats personally odd for me, is I always get some sinus problems with any normal cold or even flu. This time there is not even a hint of it, so its clearly quite deeply based.

• Like 4

Posted
5 minutes ago, matty007 said:

Fever and breathlessness are classic Covid. I can tell the difference.This feels novel to me indeed and unlike anything I have had before.

I don't feel 'awful' and am able to sit and type this without feeling like a severe flu. However, I can certainly tell my lungs are being effected much more than a typical flu.

Now I hate to bring this up again but the ‘flu’ I had felt similar - in the sense it felt unusually ‘weird’ and different.

i felt absolutely appalling but it didn’t really put me in bed and I could still move around etc. Just couldn’t breathe properly, had a racking cough and a high temperature.

Infact, most colds I’ve had in my life have made me more fatigued. This felt almost ‘surgical’ for want of a better word.

edit: to add to this I always get sinus issues. I was waiting for the blocked nose and increasing snot to come but it never did. Nose remained clean as a whistle. That has literally never happened to me before.

Edited by Azazel
  • Like 2

Posted
23 minutes ago, matty007 said:

If it gets under 91-90% I would be truly worried, as this often indicates pnuemonia.

I will be fine honestly, but this really can leave you breathless.

I've been a bit worried as I have had a dry cough with a bit of breathlessness for a few days now. But no recognisable fever plus I've had a sore throat. Fever is the one that is present in almost all COVID cases so I'm erring on being confident it's not COVID, but at the same time I don't remember the last time I had a cold with no runny nose or sneezing.

Hope you get better soon Matty and keep us informed.

Edited by Snowy L
  • Like 5

Posted
47 minutes ago, kold weather said:

Had to happen because it wouldn't be fair on the students sitting the exam not fully prepared due to schools being closed. A bit of a logistical nightmare that one though. i'm guessing predicted grades may need to be done.

Ah well, one step further along the way to the total lockdown that IMO is inevitable at the moment.

I ask myself every day (and regulars on here know I do) why they don't go further right now. It is clear they are no longer aiming for herd immunity. So why not use all suppression tactics right now? Fear of upsetting people?

My personal feeling is too many people aren't taking this that seriously, some are but not enough. The others are trying to keep things "business as usual". They'll try to until they're forced not to.

Posted
1 minute ago, Wiltshire_snow_lover said:

Hmmm

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

A correction to the stats earlier on the confirmed COVID-19 death rate in Italy, it's 8.3%, not 7.9%

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

BBC London news suggesting 1.45 million children affected by the school closures in the capital

Posted
18 minutes ago, kold weather said:

I would probably describe my symptoms are mild, the cough certainly is quite the hack and the shortness of breath is noticeable. I wouldn't want to think what it'd be like with more severe version, must be awful.

Whats personally odd for me, is I always get some sinus problems with any normal cold or even flu. This time there is not even a hint of it, so its clearly quite deeply based.

A quite shocking day in the forum, not just because of the global situation but because all you in here are dropping like flies!!

Keep well everyone who is ill or worried about getting ill. Wishing you all the very best. Do update us if you feel well enough.

Who thought it would come to this even two weeks ago.

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, cold!
1 minute ago, Man With Beard said:

I ask myself every day (and regulars on here know I do) why they don't go further right now. It is clear they are no longer aiming for herd immunity. So why not use all suppression tactics right now? Fear of upsetting people?

My personal feeling is too many people aren't taking this that seriously, some are but not enough. The others are trying to keep things "business as usual". They'll try to until they're forced not to.

I think it is due to the time it might have to last for, that is they are worried about the other end of the period with most severe restrictions, this the period when I fully imagine I will have gone totally insane.  It is about timing the most draconian measures to coincide with the increase as it's about to peak, such that it doesn't peak too high, but people do comply with it while it is in place.  

So that is still to come.

@matty007 all the very best wishes, hope you come through this.

Posted

Further evidence that most cases are asymptomatic: 

NEWS.SKY.COM

The experiment involved blanket testing of the town's entire population of 3,300 people.

“for every 1 patient that had symptoms, another 10 were asymptomatic” 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms
9 minutes ago, kold weather said:

France reports:

Cases up 1404

Deaths up 89

So another bad day for France as well, with those deaths starting to mount up as well, upto 264 total deaths in France.

Didn't even bother looking tonight. I knew it would be like that. They are only the "measured" cases, remember. This ghastly thing is rampant among us.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Updated data for Italy by age groups for deaths.

0-9 - 0
10-19 - 0
20-29 - 0
30-39 - 7 (0.3%)
40-49 - 18 (0.8%)
50-59 - 65 (2.7%)
60-69 - 220 (9.2%)
70-79 - 856 (35.8%)
80-89 - 995 (41.6%)
90+ - 229 (9.6%)

Total 2,390* 

Male - 59.3%*
Female - 40.7%*

*8 deaths age group not known

• Like 5

Posted
24 minutes ago, matty007 said:

No, it's Covid.

I'm beginning to realise that the ones that catch it first are the lucky ones, there'll still be plenty of ic beds and hospital staff and supplies for them until they recover. 

I hope you get well soon though

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, BarnetBlizzard said:

Further evidence that most cases are asymptomatic: 

NEWS.SKY.COM

“for every 1 patient that had symptoms, another 10 were asymptomatic” 

Consequences for transmissability aside, that is great news regarding predictions for fatality rate.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms

We have one metre lignes of gaffer tape now in all the supermarkets at the checkouts and everyone is respecting them. This supermarket business has to stop and it will only stop with action first from the supermarkets and if that doesn't work from the law.

• Like 2