Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

COVID-19 Pandemic

Posted
1 minute ago, Bristle boy said:

Really? Explain

Right  were do you think all the Greek fans are ?  In a pub  were are the wolves fans?  In a pub   is the disease likely to spread in an outdoor arena or a closed space ?  The point being the whole objective of playing behind closed  doors is to stop the spread  but it's doing the opposite   either play the game with a full stadium or call it off   it's not rocket science 

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, weirpig said:

Right  were do you think all the Greek fans are ?  In a pub  were are the wolves fans?  In a pub   is the disease likely to spread in an outdoor arena or a closed space ?  The point being the whole objective of playing behind closed  doors is to stop the spread  but it's doing the opposite   either play the game with a full stadium or call it off   it's not rocket science 

So why did the Wolves fans actually go in the first place, if mainland Europe is 'unsafe'?

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Azazel said:

I think most of it is stress. I would be pretty annoyed if I already had it after the steps I’ve taken.

im off today and tomorrow anyway but I did pop into my office quick to grab some stamps I had left on my desk.

The dirty colleague who wees down his trousers and doesn’t wash his hands was there in his office, absolutely hacking his lungs up and sneezing. I left pretty sharpish without touching anything.

i was supposed to go and see my parents today as it’s my birthday, but decided against it and had a FaceTime call with them instead. Breaks my heart a bit:(

Why didnt u go to see your parents?

Posted
Just now, Bristle boy said:

So why did the Wolves fans actually go in the first place, if mainland Europe is 'unsafe'?

Greece isn't unsafe  it certainly isn't italy   the only reason it was played behind closed doors was the owner tested positive    regardless of the wolves fans   there is now thousands in the streets watching the game   madness 

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, weirpig said:

Greece isn't unsafe  it certainly isn't italy   the only reason it was played behind closed doors was the owner tested positive    regardless of the wolves fans   there is now thousands in the streets watching the game   madness 

They made the choice to go. A bit of personal responsibility wouldnt go amiss, if they're that bothered about COVID-19. So, obviously they're not.

C'mon, there are a certain segment of footie fans, esp from the 80s (i know a few of them down here), who think they're invincible.

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Bristle boy said:

They made the choice to go. A bit of personal responsibility wouldnt go amiss, if they're that bothered about COVID-19. So, obviously they're not.

C'mon, there are a certain segment of footie fans, esp from the 80s (i know a few of them down here), who think they're invincible.

You are getting me wrong  I'm not even taking about the wolves   even if they didnt go   the city would still be full of Greeks packed into pubs  surely that's worse    anyway 1 0 down  

• Like 3

Posted
7 minutes ago, Bristle boy said:

Why didnt u go to see your parents?

Because of the slightly tickly throat and general tiredness. Probably nothing, but could be something. My dad is in the high risk category so doing everything I can to keep him safe.

• Like 3

Just a point about Macron and the virus doesnt respect borders stuff, and the EU open borders points . All I would say on that is, are the EU countries pooling their health systems to fight this en mass?? If thats the case, then fair enough, but I've heard nothing about that so far. So, from there, if each country is effectively relying on its own health system for its own population, then there's nothing wrong with closing borders if it'll help a particular country get through this better than others.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
35 minutes ago, Jo Farrow said:

HMMM - what if its a sudden onset and you feel really bad?

EDIT : although 111 is such a crap service and you wont get through they are probably right -search me as to what you would else do though been as they have said don't go to hospital - 999 the only other option.

Edited by feb1991blizzard
  • Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, feb1991blizzard said:

Then you probably call 111 and get advice, and if you need to be hospitalized then I guess that what will happen?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, feb1991blizzard said:

Define "really bad"?? If you end up with breathing difficulties, then you dial 999, surely people dont need to be told that?

• Like 3

Posted
5 minutes ago, emax said:

Define "really bad"?? If you end up with breathing difficulties, then you dial 999, surely people dont need to be told that?

I suppose the problem is you can't just rock up in A & E with it, because you obviously run the risk of infecting others. So you eother syau at home or get an ambulance out....but if your going to get an ambulance out for every case of Corona that requires hospitilization, your going to rapidly run out of them if it really is going to get to the extreme they are warning.

This sporting events is baffling me big time, I understand that it may run a displacement event, but then all you do is bar pubs from showing it (or any place above 100 people) and then stream it for free into homes. Job done. Instead we still run a huge risk of getting infections.

I'll be amazed if we don't shot up the cases list at some point, and then eventually we will race up the deaths list in a horrible fashion. I bet by end of March we will be in the top 5 for deaths worldwide...because they are not doing some of the important things IMO and given it amble time to seed in risky populations. If you look at football matches for example, there is a decent percentage who would fall into that higher risk group...

Edited by kold weather
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, kold weather said:

Then you probably call 111 and get advice, and if you need to be hospitalized then I guess that what will happen?

I can fully understand why they dont want everyone phoning 111. Its the same in Germany, and probably other countries. Their phone lines are just as overwhelmed as we are, from what I can make out from German news anyway.

To those who think they should be phoning 111 for mild symptoms, just think about if COVID hadnt happened. None of this has happened, no news reports, no government advice etc, everything as per normal. Now, you end up with a cold/flu/fever (the type you've probably had before)........would you call 111/999, or just snuggle up for a couple of days and ride it out? I'd wager 80% would behave normally and ride it out. Obviously if it developed into breathing difficulties, or lasted for days and days, or you had chest pains etc, then you'd certainly consider 111 if not 999, but thats normal.

At this stage, as much as it would be nice to test everyone so as to get an idea of clusters etc, there just isnt the resources. So those resources are better directed to testing those who have more severe symptoms, or at least not mild ones.

• Like 4

Posted
3 minutes ago, emax said:

I sometimes wonder what some of public are doing.  Certainly many don’t seem  bother to take on board the advice and information being given out. Is it the very thing that was said about fatigue and complacency at the news conference earlier.

Too many seem to resort to A&E at the slightest ailment. On the whole a younger generation thing.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

A flight from China with medical experts and 31 tonnes of medical supplies has touched down at Rome Leonardo da Vinci Fiumicino Airport after a 12-hour flight from Shanghai.

The flight has medical equipment including masks and ventilators 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
6 minutes ago, emax said:

But i have felt really bad with flu before but never called 999, The most severe flu i ever had when i was about 18, my mom thought it was meningitis and she nearly called an ambulance, but every other time i have had the flu, as horrendous as i felt, i didn't think i was going to die so didn't phone an ambulance, but now you could feel really bad with this virus but you are not necessarily going to die, so does the threashold of severity of symptoms you phone an ambulance now change because it could be COVID -19.

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, emax said:

To those who think they should be phoning 111 for mild symptoms, just think about if COVID hadnt happened. None of this has happened, no news reports, no government advice etc, everything as per normal. Now, you end up with a cold/flu/fever (the type you've probably had before)........would you call 111/999, or just snuggle up for a couple of days and ride it out? I'd wager 80% would behave normally and ride it out. Obviously if it developed into breathing difficulties, or lasted for days and days, or you had chest pains etc, then you'd certainly consider 111 if not 999, but thats normal.

At this stage, as much as it would be nice to test everyone so as to get an idea of clusters etc, there just isnt the resources. So those resources are better directed to testing those who have more severe symptoms, or at least not mild ones.

I think I understand that there may not be the resources for testing, but I think we need to keep up a decent level of testing outside of the severe cases, it will give an indication of whether the models the govt are using are accurate or not, otherwise we are totally flying blind and may have clusters blow up and not have the time to deal with it and get on top of it. As you may know from the weather models, the more data you have, the more accurate the models become.

The other thing is this is NOT the flu, it is more severe, you can't blame people for being overly careful about something we still don't know much about.

Edited by kold weather
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, kold weather said:

I suppose the problem is you can't just rock up in A & E with it, because you obviously run the risk of infecting others. So you eother syau at home or get an ambulance out....but if your going to get an ambulance out for every case of Corona that requires hospitilization, your going to rapidly run out of them if it really is going to get to the extreme they are warning.

Sorry, but I'm confused on that one. If you have breathing difficulties (struggling to breath etc), then you call 999. If you have someone who can take you, then I'm sure you could suggest that to the call centre, but they could still make the hospital aware of the case. But lets be honest, anyone coming in with breathing difficulties are going to at least be questioned on symptoms etc. 

All I'm saying is, yes the 111 system is struggling, but if its an emergency, you dial 999. Thats no different at any time?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers
2 minutes ago, feb1991blizzard said:

But i have felt really bad with flu before but never called 999, The most severe flu i ever had when i was about 18, my mom thought it was meningitis and she nearly called an ambulance, but every other time i have had the flu, as horrendous as i felt, i didn't think i was going to die so didn't phone an ambulance, but now you could feel really bad with this virus but you are not necessarily going to die, so does the threashold of severity of symptoms you phone an ambulance now change because it could be COVID -19.

No lol???? I've just stated that the threshold hasnt changed, and you've just illustrated it for me. Feeling really bad with flu can mean different things to different people.

Breathing difficulties is at least one of the thresholds surely?