Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

COVID-19 Pandemic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms
1 minute ago, Azazel said:

*raises hand* - I’ve either got the start of a cold or something the stress has done a number on me. Tickly feeling in the back of my throat all day, feel a bit warm and I feel exhausted. 

MY OH has a cold. It is a cold and nothing more but because he is alone he has worked himself into a right state and was nearly in tears this evening on the phone, terrified that he would get so ill that he wouldn't be able to get help. Everything has calmed down now after a nice reassuring talk and a bit of relaxation. He's going to stay off work tomorrow and just have a nice relaxing day. I think we're going to get him over here next weekend rather than the beginning of April as I'm not sure how long my state of mind can hold out either. This thing that has come among us is responsible for a lot more than physical illness...

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Bristle boy said:

If people are "genuinely terrified" my unqualified advice would be to STOP visiting this place. Genuine advice.

This as in the virus, not the thread!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, excitement of snow, a hoolie
7 minutes ago, feb1991blizzard said:

You need to phone 111 then.

That is no longer the advice. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
11 minutes ago, snefnug said:

Ski-ing resort preferences?  Those are affluent areas no?

The London ones are all a mix, I'm a Kensington and Chelsea girl, and in no way in the affluent bracket. I expect its the same for Hereford and Oxford. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

It's Friday morning in Australia and a very confusing picture is emerging some reports say the GP weekend is off whilst others still saying it's on

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, Bristle boy said:

If people are "genuinely terrified" my unqualified advice would be to STOP visiting this place. Genuine advice.

I think many have a morbid fascination about various unpleasant things and find it difficult to look away. So coming on here is not unsurprising.  We are all keen to find some good news, which might in the coming weeks be difficult to find. 

Posted
8 minutes ago, Snow Queen one said:

My daughter found this somewhere on the internet.  But also follows this up with the woman who wrote this did not predict her correct year of death.  

Strange

Screenshot_20200312-203929_WhatsApp.jpg

Sorry but I'm too busy laughing at the 'prediction' above   aka The fungus disease from bird mite bites that's killed by electro shock treatment that apparently happened in 2010

Personally I prefer Nostradamus myself   

Edited by Ryukai
  • Like 4

Posted

So far, another record day for worldwide cases outside of China, today 8,000+ cases, with 351 deaths so far and probably still a few more to come from the US I dare say.

PS - 17 pages in the last 6hrs on here, crazy!

Edited by kold weather

Posted
4 minutes ago, Snipper said:

I think many have a morbid fascination about various unpleasant things and find it difficult to look away. 

It's called negativity bias and is really quite bizarre. If you are really frightened about something, you seek it out despite your fear and use it to reinforce that fear.

We are weird animals!

Posted
2 minutes ago, Spikecollie said:

It's called negativity bias and is really quite bizarre. If you are really frightened about something, you seek it out despite your fear and use it to reinforce that fear.

We are weird animals!

My mother does this with spiders, she has arachnophobia so always checks the corners of the rooms out to look for spiders......

Posted
3 minutes ago, Ryukai said:

Sorry but I'm too busy laughing at the 'prediction' above   aka The fungus disease from bird mite bites that's killed by electro shock treatment that apparently happened in 2010

Lol I know.  I did not say she is right after all it seems to come from Kim Kardashian's Twitter feed just thought it was interesting.

I felt a bit reassured about this virus after listening to the press briefing.  But am still worried for my family

Posted
14 minutes ago, Spikecollie said:

This as in the virus, not the thread!

Nope. This thread.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Ryukai said:

My mother does this with spiders, she has arachnophobia so always checks the corners of the rooms out to look for spiders......

Another example is someone with a fear of flying. They'll look out for aviation accident stories and reinforce their fear with the. Natural disasters too for some people.

• Like 2

Posted

Spain ending the day up 849 today, pretty dramatic uptick and very much on the coat tails of Italy as well. Suspect lockdown measures are going to be coming in for most of Spain very soon.

I think the UK probably still 2 weeks from being in that position. It will have to happen at some point, no matter what they currently say, the general public won't tolerate anything else I fear (as mad as that sounds!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

So Spain is now annoucing it's first lockdown in place.

Edited by pip22
  • Like 3

Posted
1 hour ago, Bristle boy said:

Personal choice at end of the day. Shouldnt have gone in first place; i mean it's not like we werent aware of COVID-19 over last few weeks is it?! Footie fan numpties.

Talk about missing the point 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

Aren't the vast majority of Spanish cases in Madrid? Why the lock down in catalonia?

Posted
26 minutes ago, Bristle boy said:

Call your docs. This thread aint no medical diagnosis website. Simples.

I think most of it is stress. I would be pretty annoyed if I already had it after the steps I’ve taken.

im off today and tomorrow anyway but I did pop into my office quick to grab some stamps I had left on my desk.

The dirty colleague who wees down his trousers and doesn’t wash his hands was there in his office, absolutely hacking his lungs up and sneezing. I left pretty sharpish without touching anything.

i was supposed to go and see my parents today as it’s my birthday, but decided against it and had a FaceTime call with them instead. Breaks my heart a bit:(

• Like 1