Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Just now, Blazerblue said:
_111329280_crossingrex.jpg
WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Many schools will not be able to stay open past the end of the week, says a head teachers' leader.

I guess most people obviously arent aware then, but I'd heard from several teachers at different schools, that the plan has always been to be ready to close for Friday this week.

• Like 1
Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
  • Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wonder how significant this could be in the short term. Potentially a significant breakthrough if it works Coronavirus: New treatment for critically ill patients to begin as soon as next week

An appeal to people to remember you are reading posts from people you do not know, you do not know the background of and do not know their motivations - on a weather forum.  If there are concerns

Yes Matt , I opened my store at 5:45 this morning and left at 8pm this evening , I’m back at 5:45 and walking in to a shell of a shop with new deliveries coming , Having people tell me why I bother op

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms

M. Salomon, the Director of Health says: "Sur les 175 personnes décédées, 7% sont des personnes de moins de 65 ans". "Of the 175 people dead 7% are under 65"

Posted
    25 minutes ago, kold weather said:

Its a balancing act really, one that is probably very difficult to strike, between economic factors and health issues, as well as just pure logistics.

I think we must now be getting very close to the point where many schools close purely because they cannot staff it anymore at a safe level, and once that arrives, I think school closures are inevitable anyway, whether its policy or not. 

They no doubt want to make it to Easter holidays, I think they might fall a little short though based on a quicker timetable.

If they close schools then it should be strongly made clear that parents, carers, etc will be expected to keep them indoors at home or will face fines if they're seen out with them.

• Like 1
    Posted
    5 minutes ago, emax said:

I guess most people obviously arent aware then, but I'd heard from several teachers at different schools, that the plan has always been to be ready to close for Friday this week.

Same here, we already have packs ready to go to cover through to the easter period, but these next few days are going to be very difficult, and if the government tries to go much longer than that, I think many will just shut due to safeguarding.

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters and hot, dry summers

Several universities across London have announced almost complete closures (only skeleton staff remaining) by the end of this week. Not sure about the situation across the UK but most probably following this now.

Schools next?

Posted
    6 minutes ago, Bristle boy said:

Hope you're not considering becoming a clairvoyant at some point in your life?

Keep it up BB ! 

That was very funny . Bless you . 

• Like 1

typical us, nobody really bothers to translate the French 'quinze jours' correctly.  Media just googled it and found 'fifteen days' but of course it means' a fortnight'.  Same with the Spanish 'quince días' a while back.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

What does this Russian situation mean - does this mean the cold war is going to rear its head again?

Posted
    18 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

I hate that side of it . But the actual church setting is in a beautiful location with the river and mountains to the north of it .

I’m not religious myself . But I appreciate that pilgrims who come get a sense of peace and strength from visiting .

I went to a school run by nuns when I was young.  Solely on the basis that the school had good reviews. We weren’t catholic. They were frequently coming round trying to get our very meagre pocket money for a poor unfortunate somewhere. I really thought we were buying one.

My father was very amused at a school fete when the Mother Superior came round with raffle tickets stuffed into straws.  Come on Mr Snipper penny a poke! 

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow

I've been following this chap on Twitter for a month now as Iran descends in to chaos and death.

The latest post re Medical Staff is quite horrifying.

• Like 1
    15 minutes ago, Spikecollie said:

M. Salomon, the Director of Health says: "Sur les 175 personnes décédées, 7% sont des personnes de moins de 65 ans". "Of the 175 people dead 7% are under 65"

Thats actually still quite low really.

8 minutes ago, feb1991blizzard said:

What does this Russian situation mean - does this mean the cold war is going to rear its head again?

What Russian situation lol? There's always things like that going on, its nothing new really.

Posted
    3 hours ago, BornFromTheVoid said:

According to the Irish health service it's fake.

WWW.HSE.IE

The HSE is advising anyone with Covid-19 to continue to take any medication you were already taking, unless you are told not to by a healthcare professional.  This includes anti-inflammatories (NSAID)...

Had this from a very reliable source, l will check...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
    Just now, emax said:

What Russian situation lol? There's always things like that going on, its nothing new really.

I know but we don't want a repeat of 1983 going on with all now, will putin use coronavirus as a stick to try and beat the west with?

Posted

My eldest son, was sent home from work today (zero hours contract) as his flat mate who works at same company, but has been away all weekend, has symptoms and the company did last week have a confirmed case (Wolverhampton btw) and told to self isolate for 14 days. He was told to download the SSP form from the govt website and they would ensure he was paid.  He’s been trying for hours to download it, but the website appears to have crashed!! Must be many people trying to get some pay.

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunderstorms, heatwaves, extreme weather
    19 minutes ago, matty40s said:

I've been following this chap on Twitter for a month now as Iran descends in to chaos and death.

The latest post re Medical Staff is quite horrifying.

Reading his most recent daily thread. Absolutely frightening!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.
    34 minutes ago, Snipper said:

How do you say in a short time something that covers everything? 

Indeed, the measures at the moment mean nothing until the necessary legislation is passed. Hopefully that will happen this week. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: continental climate

Ireland has 292 positive  out of 1330 tested. Slovakia 97 out of 1900 tested. Yet we had 8000  skiing in Alps over spring break not self quarantined and 60 000 people arrived home  for general elections on 29/02,but since last Thursday we are in full lock down,rather then Ireland and numbers already show the Irish ratio is 5% worse of positive cases

Edited by Norrance
    • Like 1
    Posted
    4 hours ago, Azazel said:

Is this legit?  because I saw a similar thing from Ireland about 4 youths who had taken Ibuprofen and were now in ICU. It was later debunked as a complete myth.

EDIT: Yes, this is a confirmed hoax by some sick f**k out there.

It's probably still for the best to not take Ibuprofen as per recent scientific consensus, but this story is a hoax. Please remember to check facts/provide sources before posting stories etc.

Confused as came from senior NHS person, they put out press release and it was reported in news here, maybe they got duff info? Am trying to find out.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not a fan of heatstroke.
    1 hour ago, Donegal said:
    26064254-0-image-a-35_1584437177765.jpg
    WWW.DAILYMAIL.CO.UK

EXCLUSIVE Kremlin-backed media has broadcast propaganda which states Covid-19, the new form of coronavirus, was created as a tool...

Seems they want to cause WWIII.

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Only two days but it looks like growth in Italian cases is slowing at a reasonable pace in percentage terms. 

Was about 150% between the 10th and 15th (slowing about 10% from the prior five days) however these 3k rises staying near static suggest we could be looking closer to 80% for the 15th-20th. 

Edited by summer blizzard
    • Like 2
    Posted
    3 minutes ago, Wiltshire_snow_lover said:

Belgium another one then that is finally pulling the trigger. We are definately getting closer to the point where you could describe of a lockdown - a voluntary lockdown of course, but at least its heading in the right direction.

As Boris said in the briefing in the last few days, by the weekend we will need to go further again.

• Like 1