Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
BornFromTheVoid

COVID-19 Pandemic

Recommended Posts

Just now, Man With Beard said:

Does make you wonder how accurate it all is, though. France 400 in intensive care, Germany just 2 - but similar amount of active cases?

The first 4 are accurate based on official data (real numbers are obviously far far higher). The rest are not accurate by any means for most countries.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

4 youngests in ICU cork, all had taken ibuprofen, NHS Wales advice do not take.

Edited by beatpete
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Stabilo19 said:

This is a selfish viewpoint given the current situation

People are in for a big shock if the government go all out and you won't be able to leave home without an essential reason (see France)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Andy Bown said:

Why shouldn’t they/we. Everyone has free will and choice.

I met up with a fellow parent with her 3 year old daughter to play with my son at the park today. Pleasant Spring day, fantastic community facility, been waiting all winter for a few dry days to get to the park!
 

Separate to us their were several grandparents there with their grandchildren happily playing. 

Why should you?

Well, because even though you might not care about the risk to your own health, there's a risk you could pass the virus onto other people who could end up seriously ill or dead.

The advice has been given for a reason.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, beatpete said:

4 you are in ICU cork, all had taken ibuprofen, NHS Wales advice do not take.

Is this legit?  because I saw a similar thing from Ireland about 4 youths who had taken Ibuprofen and were now in ICU. It was later debunked as a complete myth.

 

EDIT: Yes, this is a confirmed hoax by some sick f**k out there.

It's probably still for the best to not take Ibuprofen as per recent scientific consensus, but this story is a hoax. Please remember to check facts/provide sources before posting stories etc.

Edited by Azazel
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Man With Beard said:

Does make you wonder how accurate it all is, though. France 400 in intensive care, Germany just 2 - but similar amount of active cases?

Does seem a bit of a strange difference, on face value. But...

Germany has approx 25,000 respiratory devices to assist, the most, by far, in Europe. Germany is seen as best equipped in Europe to manage severe cases within their hospitals.

Edited by Bristle boy
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wiltshire_snow_lover said:

schools open do not worry about ofsted though 

I just want the choice if my daughter goes in or not. Even if people don't agree with me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Wiltshire_snow_lover said:

 

He does seem to give some straightforward answers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, beatpete said:

4 youngests in ICU cork, all had taken ibuprofen, NHS Wales advice do not take.

According to the Irish health service it's fake.

WWW.HSE.IE

The HSE is advising anyone with Covid-19 to continue to take any medication you were already taking, unless you are told not to by a healthcare professional.  This includes anti-inflammatories (NSAID)...

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

NHS England chief Simon Stevens

  • 98,000 general and acute beds in the NHS
  • Current occupancy is 90% and falling
  • There are 3,700 critical care beds
  • 6,699 adult mechanical ventilators operational
  • 750 pediatric ventilators
  • 691 in the private sector
  • 35 in the MoD
  • Expecting 3,799 (ventilators) coming on line in next few weeks taking total to 11,974
Edited by Summer Sun
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NHS representatives suggesting that there's enough protective equipment for the next few weeks but beyond that no - we need to increase domestic production.

Also acknowledged local distribution issues leading to shortages of protective equipment (as we heard yesterday).

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Andy Bown said:

Why shouldn’t they/we. Everyone has free will and choice.

I met up with a fellow parent with her 3 year old daughter to play with my son at the park today. Pleasant Spring day, fantastic community facility, been waiting all winter for a few dry days to get to the park!
 

Separate to us their were several grandparents there with their grandchildren happily playing. 

Exactly why it needs stricter measures. With the current 'advice' people will head out regardless. It is selfish of them, but who can blame them if they've not been strictly told?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Stabilo19 said:

NHS representatives suggesting that there's enough protective equipment for the next few weeks but beyond that no - we need to increase domestic production.

Also acknowledged local distribution issues leading to shortages of protective equipment (as we heard yesterday).

It's frustrating that stock distribution wasn't already sorted weeks ago, we've had enough warning for this. Shambles.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Andy Bown said:

Why shouldn’t they/we. Everyone has free will and choice.

I met up with a fellow parent with her 3 year old daughter to play with my son at the park today. Pleasant Spring day, fantastic community facility, been waiting all winter for a few dry days to get to the park!
 

Separate to us their were several grandparents there with their grandchildren happily playing. 

Just one reason they shouldn’t is (I will assume) that the grand parents are likely to be in the highest risk group age and that if their actions result in them being hospitalised someone else needing treatment may suffer unnecessarily.

Pure selfishness and/or ignorance.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Bristle boy said:

Does seem a bit of a strange difference, on face value. But...

Germany has approx 25,000 respiratory devices to assist, the most, by far, in Europe. Germany is seen as best equipped in Europe to manage severe cases within their hospitals.

Thing is though, you could have a million beds and respirators, but it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference to the number of people in ICU (at this early stage anyway). So Germany's numbers are either well out of date, they've got a miraculous cure that gets people out of ICU in a couple of days, or their population are way way more healthier. Most likely just figures not updated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Dami said:

I just want the choice if my daughter goes in or not. Even if people don't agree with me.

As I have Ms and my husband has copd and heart trouble, sure I have to keep my kids home, otherwise me and hubby social distancing would be pointless. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Boro Snow said:

Yes and he is hoping with the measures in place the total deaths could be below 20,000

They definately seem to have pivoted towards the surpression tactic, as that is what you'd expect a hard crackdown (it happened in China, just a few hints Italy maybe starting to see their growth slow as well)

The scary part I suppose is he is hopeful we can restrict it to 20,000 deaths...that is still a huge number!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Stabilo19 said:

It's frustrating that stock distribution wasn't already sorted weeks ago, we've had enough warning for this. Shambles.

How do you know it wasnt? These things dont happen over night!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, kold weather said:

They definately seem to have pivoted towards the surpression tactic, as that is what you'd expect a hard crackdown (it happened in China, just a few hints Italy maybe starting to see their growth slow as well)

The scary part I suppose is he is hopeful we can restrict it to 20,000 deaths...that is still a huge number!

Less than Hong Kong Flu though in 1968 (although it did come back in 1970/71), that kiilled about 33,000, and 4 million globally!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, emax said:

How do you know it wasnt? These things dont happen over night!

Because they just mentioned it in the health select committee! Distribution issues leading to local shortages. ?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NHS England has told hospitals to postpone all non-urgent elective operations from 15 April at the latest for a period of at least three months and urgently discharge all inpatients who are medically fit to leave

Source - Sky news

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kold weather said:

The scary part I suppose is he is hopeful we can restrict it to 20,000 deaths...that is still a huge number!

I'm not saying we can or cant keep it to that number, but if we can, and thats presumably over 6 months or something, that isnt actually a huge number really. On average 300,000 people die every 6 months for perspective. Even if it was over a 1 month period, its big, but not out of this world shocking. 50,000 people die every month. Again, not saying his figures will be right or wrong, just commenting on those particular figures.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Man With Beard said:

Does make you wonder how accurate it all is, though. France 400 in intensive care, Germany just 2 - but similar amount of active cases?

Gauloises?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually hope if things get to lock down then people do find some spirit and say play music or just generally communicate. Just so some people don't feel quite so lonely.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Autumn ingredients: frost, mist, wind and rain, perhaps even a storm to end the week

    A chilly start for some on Monday but fair weather around before midweek becomes unsettled and we watch developments for Friday into the weekend with a strengthening jet. Read the full update here

    Netweather forecasts
    Netweather forecasts
    Latest weather updates from Netweather

    West best for sunshine on Sunday

    Sunshine in western and central areas to end the weekend, but still cloudier and windier further east. Monday brings a reversal in fortunes though with eastern parts seeing the best of any sunny weather. Read the full update here

    Netweather forecasts
    Netweather forecasts
    Latest weather updates from Netweather
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...