Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

COVID-19 Pandemic

Posted

Rumours that France will bring in draconian measures for 5 weeks . 

Not surprised but still this is becoming more surreal by the day .

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Wales has had its first death a patient aged in their 60s with underlying health conditions in Wrexham.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms
3 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

What do you think they will do, Nick?

Posted
2 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

It is like watching a film or binging on a netflix boxset.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Just bought the last available packet of Anadin from Lidl...I guess it was either that or nothing, but it was a difficult and perplexing decision nonetheless; because, as Phizer themselves used to claim: Nothing acts faster than Anadin!:shok:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

It is very surreal, my son has had a cold for the past week or so and is currently off school, he is currently playing fornite with half of his class who's parents have today decided to remove them from school, Nathaniel is due to go back tomorrow but I might keep him off

Posted
Just now, Spikecollie said:

What do you think they will do, Nick?

Bear in mind not confirmed yet but apparently along the lines of being forced to stay home for 5 weeks . Only allowed to leave home for one shopping visit each day . Any other movements for anything else forbidden but how can they enforce this . 

What are they going to do ? How will they tell if people have gone out more than that .

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
1 hour ago, Northernlights said:

And don"t overdose on ibuprofen as they can knock out your kidneys .They were used to on young Mr Northernlights prior to his kidney transplant to stop his old kidneys working .He was obviously on home dialysis at the time.

Are Strepsils fine?

11 minutes ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

Surely if the whole world just went into emergency hibernation for 3 weeks we would be in a far better place by the beginning of April, as opposed to everyone trying to struggle on indefinately?

i know I make it sound easy but it’s likely to be the lesser of two evils

The problem is that all the quarantines are of different scales so while Wuhan ordered business to close, people in Italy are still going to work.

We need to wait the week or two to find out if Italian measures are sufficient to force a peak before we can go hard. Countries like France and Spain are essentially going in blind.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Latest update is in: 3826 new tests, 171 new cases (total 1543), so a drop to just 4.5% positive rate

opengraph-image-a1f7d89ffd0782738b1aeb0d
WWW.GOV.UK

Find out the number of cases and risk level in the UK, what to do if you have symptoms, and what the government is doing about the virus.

Edited by BornFromTheVoid
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy
50 minutes ago, ThundersnowDays said:

Is there a way to slow the immune system so it doesn't cause so much damage?

I wish!

The stresses of family life with a severely disabled child in the mix (& the constant battle to keep him 'off the Ward') obviously had my 'immune system' switched off when H1N1 hit me

To my simple mind some of the 'switches' that your body deploys to fight an attacking virus got switched on but then became 'fused on' so I have the symptoms (minus a temp) of the Flu even though my body is long recovered from the infection?

This appears, to me, to be the opposite of the bodies immune system going wild and merely a position where the 'settings' were left on with no way of turning them off? 

Again, and thinking on the hoof, if my body suddenly realised it was under attack with all its protections turned off then the rapid scramble to 'switch on' of the bodies responses lead to this 'misfire'?

This is why I've been asking folk to put a few minutes a day aside for 'relaxation' exercises just to make sure your high 'stress/anxious' waking reality hasn't lead to your 'fight or flight' response turning off your 'immune system' so leaving you at risk of the virus leading to you suffering from ME/PVS?

Do all you can to keep healthy folks!

Frequent hand washing and wiping down of frequently touched areas at home with a bleach solution plus 'knocking back' any viral load growing in your throat/nostrils each day (twice a day of you think Covid-19 is around you!)

If you can keep 'knocking the virus back' then surely the 'low viral load' will allow your body to produce the antibodies we all need to fight off severe infection!

Also remember what that U.S. CDC study found about 'Dairy produce' making the RNA strand to dissolve/digest its own fatty coating (that keeps it 'hidden' from our immune system?) so 'de-cloaking' it and allowing your immune system to attack it!!!

Ian.

Edited by Gray-Wolf
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: continental climate

Irish government plan to help small businesses - Companies with less then 9 staff can avail of a loan upped from 25000€ to 50000€ with 4% interest rate! I have a personal loan here in Slovakia with 2.8% interest rate with nearly same amount that I used as deposit for house I bought last year. There you go capitalism Irish banking mafia, yet we all baled out Irish banks back in 2009

Posted
1 minute ago, nick sussex said:

Bear in mind not confirmed yet but apparently along the lines of being forced to stay home for 5 weeks . Only allowed to leave home for one shopping visit each day . Any other movements for anything else forbidden but how can they enforce this . 

What are they going to do ? How will they tell if people have gone out more than that .

That would be awful. Would it mean you couldn't go out for a run or a dog walk or a cycle ride? I just couldn't live like that but I'm so glad I have a nice garden.

• Like 2

Posted

I saw on the guardian that French sources had denied this. Not long until we find out!

Posted

171 new cases in the UK

3,826 tests were completed to 9am today

Edited by Summer Sun
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow
1 minute ago, Spikecollie said:

That would be awful. Would it mean you couldn't go out for a run or a dog walk or a cycle ride? I just couldn't live like that but I'm so glad I have a nice garden.

I'm a little bit confused in how people would have an income for 5 weeks? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
6 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

What about dogs, surely they must be walked, especially households with no garden. 

Edited by alexisj9
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes
1 minute ago, Summer Sun said:

171 new cases in the UK

2,283 tests were completed to 9am today

that is a positive i take it no deaths then

Posted

Uk cases up 171, but remember from now on that will be almost exclusively be from hospital cases, which means real cases today probably in the 1500 range based on 10 per cent hospitalisation.

Haven't seen deaths yet

Posted
4 minutes ago, BornFromTheVoid said:

Latest update is in: 3826 new tests, 171 new cases (total 1543), so a drop to just 4.5% positive rate

opengraph-image-a1f7d89ffd0782738b1aeb0d
WWW.GOV.UK

Find out the number of cases and risk level in the UK, what to do if you have symptoms, and what the government is doing about the virus.

Really starting to highlight the requirement for people to look at smoothed average means, sadly the media will report such things on the face of it.

Posted
Just now, Boro Snow said:

that is a positive i take it no deaths then

1 death confirmed in Wrexham, Wales.

No additional deaths announced from PHE as yet. The past few days they've done them in the 2pm update

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy
5 minutes ago, Spikecollie said:

I have a very small back Garden but already I'm back out there to 'change the scenery' after being locked into the front room/bedroom all winter!!!

That chance to 'stretch the eyeballs' and watch Nature all around you is top Medicine!!! (plus topping up your vit D from any sunshine you get?)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

The virus has even reached Greenland now (in Danish): 

The coronavirus has now also arrived in Greenland. The country has detected its first case of coronavirus on Monday.

It is a person in the capital, Nuuk, who is confirmed to be infected, the Greenland government said in a statement.

- The national doctor announces that the first case of new coronavirus has now been detected in Greenland. The infected person lives in Nuuk and is placed in home insulation, the message states.

The cohabitant of the infected is also placed in the home quarantine.

• Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, AWD said:

I'm a little bit confused in how people would have an income for 5 weeks? 

No - it doesn't make sense. Then again, if this wasn't likely how would anything change from the current situation? I think we just need to wait and see...