Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Posted
    28 minutes ago, Boro Snow said:

not watched it but maybe people have starved to death

Looking through the replies there are a few in Chinese stating that the footage was from earlier in the year and it was due to Carbon-monoxide poisoning.  Note: that all they did was simply open the door, it was not sealed or locked and did not require breaking into.

People really need to stop posting everything they find on twitter, just because it's written in Chinese doesn't make it automatically true... they can lie for attention just like anyone else... ? 

Edited by Ryukai
    • Like 5
    Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 4.8k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wonder how significant this could be in the short term. Potentially a significant breakthrough if it works Coronavirus: New treatment for critically ill patients to begin as soon as next week

An appeal to people to remember you are reading posts from people you do not know, you do not know the background of and do not know their motivations - on a weather forum.  If there are concerns

Yes Matt , I opened my store at 5:45 this morning and left at 8pm this evening , I’m back at 5:45 and walking in to a shell of a shop with new deliveries coming , Having people tell me why I bother op

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
    10 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Naturally the 'leaked report' has made it on to the front page of the Daily Express

IMG_20200315_224854.thumb.jpg.32e2fdc646dc11b2bca0dec0d096174e.jpg

No one will take any notice given how many silly weather stories and miracle drugs cure's they talked about over the years

Unfortunately everyone notices and talks about headlines. 

• Like 1
    Posted

My daughter has been told by a worker in our NHS to prepare for country lockdown sometime this week.  An email went out to all employees in our area.

So yes the lockdown a lot of you are calling for is coming sooner rather than later.

As an aside note I think I am someone who has had it recently.  Last Friday I started with a temp took tabs felt better.  Took tabs Sat had very aggravating cough.  Sunday felt a lot better and most noticeably I commented to OH that I had not been blocked up at all.  By tuesday I had crackles on my lungs when I breathed out I coughed. No crackles anymore but coughing up white junk from lungs which I suspect is pus.  If this was the virus it has not effected me too badly.  And I have been self isolating all week.

Edited by Snow Queen one
    • Like 4
    Posted
    19 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Could be bet what about those who can't stock pile like me, haven't got the money. 

I have £5 a week to spend on food after paying the bills, absolutely zero chance of stock piling food for me ? 

• Like 1
    Posted
    1 hour ago, Andy Bown said:

Serious question, I need to know for the sanity of myself and my 3 year old son should the situation transpire ; If you’re on lockdown can you really be prevented from going for a walk on a sunny day!?

If ordered to stay at home yes, can go in garden if you have one but must stay 2 m from boundaries.....from BBC news last night

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
    6 minutes ago, Paul Faulkner said:

Good luck finding any food based on this weekends photos ?

Exactly, it's difficult for sure. 

• Like 1
    Posted
    11 minutes ago, Paul Faulkner said:

Me and the wife have both got a sore throat, headache and feel generally tired and achy. She's got a cough whereas I have not.

Now under PHE guidelines neither of us are really symptomatic, however if you go by what some people who've had the virus have said then a lot of people fall into the bracket

Same as me Paul, been like this 4 days now. I'm a high candidate to catch it as my job means I'm surrounded in close proximity by people who've traveled all over the world. Would normally go to work with the symptoms I've got - nothing more than bothersome - but I have a sneeky feeling this is COVID-19. Government check list says I'm fine to work I think, though? 

Edited by Man With Beard
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, Ice days, warm sunny days.
    2 minutes ago, Robbie Garrett said:

Aches and pain, cough, fever, headache mostly at front, nasal congestion, sore throat and tiredness.  Can't remember if I had a shortness of breath though.

I would have interacted at work with hundreds of Chinese tourists and my local area has a few thousand residents (students etc).   

Maybe you did have it and if I was you right now I'd be feeling a bit more relaxed about the whole thing but I wouldn't be complacent. 

Guest Delete Me
    5 minutes ago, beatpete said:

If ordered to stay at home yes, can go in garden if you have one but must stay 2 m from boundaries.....from BBC news last night

I'd be very interested to see how they would police and control a full lockdown in the UK.

Posted
    6 minutes ago, Snow Queen one said:

My daughter has been told by a worker in our NHS to prepare for country lockdown sometime this week.  An email went out to all employees in our area.

So yes the lockdown a lot of you are calling for is coming sooner rather than later.

It has to happen really, because there is so much pressure from so many different angles combined with the fact that our death rate has started to take off, given a good indication we are now on that upward curve that the lines of Spain and Italy have been on in previous weeks.

Guest Delete Me
    3 minutes ago, Man With Beard said:

Same as me PAUL, been like this 4 days now. I'm a high candidate to catch it as my job means I'm surrounded in close proximity by people who've traveled all over the world. Would normally go to work with the symptoms I've got - nothing more than bothersome - but I have a sneeky feeling this is COVID-19. Government check list says I'm fine to work I think, though? 

Strange isn't it mate - I work in a secondary school with 1,000 students and 150 staff - I know a few who are exhibiting symptoms of what could be a bad cough / cold / flu but because of the guidelines we wouldnt be classed as symptomatic.

Stay safe bro!

Posted
    3 minutes ago, Paul Faulkner said:

I'd be very interested to see how they would police and control a full lockdown in the UK.

Couldn't where I live, we are surrounded by forests and mountains I rarely see anyone when I go for a walk, fear might be enough though..

Posted
    6 minutes ago, Paul Faulkner said:

And how do you buy food if you can't get it delivered?

• Like 2
    Posted
    1 hour ago, Andy Bown said:

Serious question, I need to know for the sanity of myself and my 3 year old son should the situation transpire ; If you’re on lockdown can you really be prevented from going for a walk on a sunny day!?

Andy - I've been thinking the same thing. I went out for a lovely 10 miler yesterday. Unexpectedly wet to start, then glorious for a while and it did me so much good for my mental well-being. Social distancing was awkward at times, but understood with a few body language signals.

My parents are both recovering from cancer and live in Weymouth in their 70s. The outlaws are over 70 too in Marlow. For my parents we've already talked about them getting out early in the day for a stroll on a deserted beach. How important the period is from leaving the house and getting back in, stripping of clothes etc.

For the outlaws the chat we had today was similar about getting quickly in and out of the house and up to the Chilterns. Plenty of Social Distancing and no stopping at pubs.

There is absolutely no way of policing this. It will 100% do more good than harm in curing cabin fever. Take whatever precautions you see fit. Stop, walk slowly, move left, move right, go backwards, vaseline your nose... whatever you do smile and enjoy some vitamin D and be safe.

• Like 2
    Guest Delete Me
    3 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

And how do you buy food if you can't get it delivered?

Like other countries - essential travel only to supermarkets and pharmacies / doctors or hospital.

We don't have the police force to maintain a working lockdown, this country is full of braindead folk

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and hot.

We do have to remember that there are MANY viruses already circulating in the population. For most, their symptoms would be indicative of the common cold, or flu, rather than COVID. Even at this stage, the chances of someone contracting COVID is still fairly low, over the whole population. I have been within arms distance of patients with COVID and could tell the diffrence straight away, but many won't.

At the end of the day however, it's reached the point that it really is irrelevant. Anyone with a sore throat should isolate.

• Like 6
    Posted
    19 minutes ago, matty007 said:

And this is the case for many, many citizens. I don't want to sound insulting here, but I do get the feeling that many who are calling for total lockdowns are those privileged people with large savings and wealth. To them, it will be quite nice to isolate. Unfortunately, the vast majority of people in this country do not have these privileges. They are people on low or average incomes who have mortgages, rent and living costs to pay. They live week to week/month to month. Unless these people work in vital public services and shops, a lockdown would be economic disaster.

I have many friends who are self-employed and have already noticed a reduction in turnover and profits. A total lockdown would plunge them into despair, and even, homelessness.

People really need to think of the 'many' and not just a few.

Yup, so much this! And also seeing people behave like animals in those supermarket panic buy vids makes me so angry, they already probably have enough at their homes that would last me months without even needing to buy anything extra, they have no idea what it's like to ration food and no idea what actual hunger is like (took me a few weeks to figure out how to survive on a fiver a week so was sometimes going a day or two without food).  It's just Greed on their part, plain and simple.

Oh and incase people want to know how you can live on £5 a week

• £1 loaf of bread : separate it into 7 parts (1 for each day) and freeze 5 days worth (so it doesn't go bad, especially important if you manage to get the stuff on discount so you can save up a bit of change)
    • £2 block of cheese : again cut into 7 chunks so you have a piece for each day
    • £1 pack of 6 tomatoes
    • £1 pack of 3 onions

And there you have my meal plan for the week (which I've basically been living on for the last 6 months, though I was using my Christmas money to buy extras like sliced meat, but that's run out now) and yes, it's boring, but it keeps you going which is the main point. ? 

Edited by Ryukai
    • Like 2
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and hot.
    1 minute ago, lottiekent said:

Alexis, if you need anything urgently please message me as I’m only a short drive from you and am happy to help. Same goes for anyone stuck within reasonable driving distance of Folkestone (Kent)

I’m not rich or anything but that’s what my emergency credit card is for!

What a lovely gesture.

If there is one positive to come from this virus, it will be increased community care. Younger people offering to get shopping etc for the elderly (providing they are not infected) will make a MASSIVE diffrenece to the outcome.

• Like 4
    8 minutes ago, matty007 said:

I have been within arms distance of patients with COVID and could tell the diffrence straight away, but many won't.

I'm not in any way suggesting we should take this at face value, and rely on your opinion (as thats not fair on you), but out of interest, in what way could you tell the difference? It might help a few as a rough guide.

• Like 3