Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow... Summer storms. Anything a bit dangerous.
    11 minutes ago, Zak M said:

The coronavirus epidemic in the UK will last until next spring and could lead to 7.9m people being hospitalised - Public Health England briefing for senior NHS officials obtained by Guardian.

It suggests as many as 80% of Britons becoming infected with the virus over that time.

5638.jpg?width=1200&height=630&quality=8
    WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Exclusive: Public Health England document seen by Guardian says four in five ‘expected’ to contract virus

This is a situation being allowed to happen. We are all part of an experiment. The choices being made at the top make no sense, to me at least. Half a million dead!?!? Are we, the British public, just going to go along with being thrown under this bus???

• Like 3
    Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 4.8k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wonder how significant this could be in the short term. Potentially a significant breakthrough if it works Coronavirus: New treatment for critically ill patients to begin as soon as next week

An appeal to people to remember you are reading posts from people you do not know, you do not know the background of and do not know their motivations - on a weather forum.  If there are concerns

Yes Matt , I opened my store at 5:45 this morning and left at 8pm this evening , I’m back at 5:45 and walking in to a shell of a shop with new deliveries coming , Having people tell me why I bother op

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers
    Just now, Boro Snow said:

worst case scenario though mate, fingers crossed it never gets that bad

Lots of vaccines are in testing.

One done in London has worked really well in mice and has now moved to monkeys in France if that stage goes well we could be looking at it going to human trials within a month in the UK.

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, Ice days, warm sunny days.
    39 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

Considering there is a virus attacking the lungs going around, the amount of cigarettes I'm still selling at work is staggering...well to me it is anyway. I gave up about 3 weeks ago for the very reason that I could see what was coming!

I smoke about six rollies per day ?

• Like 1
    Posted
    45 minutes ago, Zak M said:

Just to give a sense of how bad things are in Italy, the number of infected people per million is 439 which is 8 times of that in China where the coronavirus actually started.

And what's worse, the mortality rate among infected people is nearly twice too.

If the herd immunity is to happen in the UK, we'll need to get more than 1000 times this proportion of people to be infected. That's the reality. 

Just praying the death toll is being bumped up by a mass of people who have the virus but have not been tested. 

• Like 2
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes
    2 minutes ago, Allseasons-si said:

BREAKING....

I have just quit smoking.

?? me too mate but i only smoke 1/2 a day

• Like 4
    Posted
    3 minutes ago, DrJim said:
    WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Exclusive: Public Health England document seen by Guardian says four in five ‘expected’ to contract virus

This is a situation being allowed to happen. We are all part of an experiment. The choices being made at the top make no sense, to me at least. Half a million dead!?!? Are we, the British public, just going to go along with being thrown under this bus???

Wont happen, no busses running.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
    4 minutes ago, Boro Snow said:

worst case scenario though mate, fingers crossed it never gets that bad

I always assumed it's a winter virus, and hoping it will quickly die off in summer, even more reason now to start looking for proper warmth on the models, they need to work on a cure by next winter, think everyone knows it's coming back in November

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
    6 minutes ago, DrJim said:
    WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Keep calm, that's based on the very worst scenario.

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms
    Posted

Friends are currently on their way back from Vietnam.  Tracking them on a flight app.  Currently over northern India on their way to Heathrow. Got nearly 11 hours to go.  They have to wear a mask all the way.  Once back in UK they will be self isolating. 

• Like 1
    Just now, Man With Beard said:

If the herd immunity is to happen in the UK, we'll need to get more than 1000 times this proportion of people to be infected. That's the reality. 

Just praying the death toll is being bumped up by a mass of people who have the virus but have not been tested. 

Thing is, people are getting carried away with Chinese stats. China stopped including positive results with no real symptoms, so the Chinese overall data isnt that accurate. No country's data are accurate enough to compare figures like that at this early stage.

Posted
    Just now, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

I always assumed it's a winter virus, and hoping it will quickly die off in summer, even more reason now to start looking for proper warmth on the models, they need to work on a cure by next winter, think everyone knows it's coming back in November

Evidence from SE Asia today suggests it can still spread around in very humid and hot conditions. Malaysia has had 280 cases today, most from a religious gathering that has been community spread.

Posted
    36 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

Beginnings of clustering in Hampshire?

I'm wondering where. This doesn't include the big cities of Southampton and Portsmouth, which doesn't leave many other built up areas. 

Posted
    2 minutes ago, BornFromTheVoid said:

Hmmm so looks like the young are also getting hard by it, but they have a high level of survival compared to older people. France has reported something similar if my memory is right.

May have to rethink our strategy if this carries on being a trend because NHS still will get overwhelmed in such a scenario.

Edited by kold weather
    • Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice
    2 minutes ago, Boro Snow said:

What half a packet?

i only smoke a few a day but at night i smoke more with a pint or two

i know it's going to be hard to quit but it will at least give me a better chance of surviving this virus.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunderstorms, heatwaves, extreme weather
    4 minutes ago, Boro Snow said:

Strange, do you cut it and save the second half for later? ?

• Like 2
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, warm/hot plumes, snow, anything severe

Serbia has just shut down all schools, universities and other gatherings - with only 48 cases!

Meanwhile the UK is out here with thousands and we only learned to wash our hands to Happy Birthday?

• Like 2
    Posted
    2 minutes ago, BornFromTheVoid said:

Hmmm... Like France. A different story from Italy. Don't want to create more fear mongering, but does anyone think there is a different strain in these countries to Italy that is dangerous to younger people? 

• Like 1
    Posted

The media really doesn’t like good news.  What about all those who have had it and recovered such as David and Sally Able.  Obviously nothing worse than a good news story in their books. Ok this all awful but have some perspective please.

• Like 4
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes
    1 minute ago, Allseasons-si said:

What half a packet?

i only smoke a few a day but at night i smoke more with a pint or two

i know it's going to be hard to quit but it will at least give me a better chance of surviving this virus.

No 1 or 2 fags a day and always with a few tinnies on a night, i never have the urge to have one until i have a can

Just now, Snipper said:

The media really doesn’t like good news.  What about all those who have had it and recovered such as David and Sally Able.  Obviously nothing worse than a good news story in their books. Ok this all awful but have some perspective please.

Just a note on that, they're on Good Morning Britain tomorrow or Tuesday I think

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
    6 minutes ago, kold weather said:

Evidence from SE Asia today suggests it can still spread around in very humid and hot conditions. Malaysia has had 280 cases today, most from a religious gathering that has been community spread.

This suggests this won't ease over summer.

Posted
    27 minutes ago, Zak M said:

The coronavirus epidemic in the UK will last until next spring and could lead to 7.9m people being hospitalised - Public Health England briefing for senior NHS officials obtained by Guardian.

It suggests as many as 80% of Britons becoming infected with the virus over that time.

7.9 million will not be hospitalized... because there isn't enough space for 7.9 million in hospital. I'd have been surprised if 1 million could be accommodated. It's not as if other things like heart attacks are going to stop happening! 

• Like 2