Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

COVID-19 Pandemic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.
46 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

I wonder how significant this could be in the short term. Potentially a significant breakthrough if it works

Coronavirus: New treatment for critically ill patients to begin as soon as next week

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-new-treatment-for-critically-ill-patients-to-begin-as-soon-as-next-week-11959914

That's class. UK leading the way. I've shared this on social media. Cheers for this SS.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.
5 minutes ago, Wiltshire_snow_lover said:

Daily mail political editor shopping trip look like it went well... he could blame the scare mongering papers.....

The only things I'm struggling to find are bread, pasta and poultry. I visited 5 different shops today and got what we needed other than those. They'll all be back in stock in a week or two, then they will all have too much stuff and it'll all go out of date and end up reduced.

Posted
1 hour ago, Summer Sun said:

I wonder how significant this could be in the short term. Potentially a significant breakthrough if it works

Coronavirus: New treatment for critically ill patients to begin as soon as next week

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-new-treatment-for-critically-ill-patients-to-begin-as-soon-as-next-week-11959914

Very good news hoepfully soon enough it will able to be produced and sent to other countries

I Also believe that Cuba is testing something similar

cuba_che_medicine_students_747x420.jpg
BLOGS.LSE.AC.UK

Cuba's early entry into the biotech industry allowed it to harness international expertise and develop medicines to fight dengue fever and...

Edited by Skullzrulerz
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, cold!

The thing is with this, unlike the weather, is we can't just wait for the pub run and hope it will all be different.  It won't be, maybe the CFS at T4000 will help.  This is here and now, in our faces, and no ones knows how it will end or if it will end.  

Edited by Mike Poole
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Backtrack said:

The only things I'm struggling to find are bread, pasta and poultry. I visited 5 different shops today and got what we needed other than those. They'll all be back in stock in a week or two, then they will all have too much stuff and it'll all go out of date and end up reduced.

A mate of mine who's a wholesale meat supplier reckons there's a chicken shortage (or will be) due to a lot of it being imported. Why chicken I dont know, because we import lots of food, but whatever the reason, he says chicken is currently short (for him anyway, may not be the case everywhere)

I cant stand all the panic buying, so only just done our weekly shop tonight. Same reports from me really. Most stuff still just about in stock, except beans, soup, bread, pasta, and bleach lol. As you say, it'll all be back in stock eventually. Sadly it shows just how many dumb sheep there are out there. If everyone just did their weekly shop as usual, it would all be fine.

Posted
2 hours ago, Stabilo19 said:

115614500_londonmapinfected.thumb.png.11b99a2b6894e9211871151376450370.png

Infographic of the spread of London cases (8 boroughs in the UK top 10).

Central/NW seems to be worst affected at the moment. The areas don't really correlate to higher population or higher population density, so other factors playing a role here. 

It does inner London boroughs...certainly on south bank pop density below.. Southwark my borough a SE London postcode is worst affected in London it is next to central and a lot work in central.

7AF52063-459C-4C48-8418-DA0663FFE2CE.thumb.png.245c7a9cd8721f711d1802b927448606.png

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 3

Posted
1 hour ago, nick sussex said:

My nephew works out there . It’s quite ironic I was really worried about him at the start of the outbreak now life there is a lot more normal than in Europe !

This is important can you drive on the roads.

Posted
Just now, Donegal said:

Situation in Mulhouse, France is bleak. Hospital overrun, patients being transferred to other areas of France. 

Yes some are being transferred to Pau which isn’t far from me .

The Mulhouse situation has been caused by the religious festival held there where loads of people became infected .

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

Yes some are being transferred to Pau which isn’t far from me .

The Mulhouse situation has been caused by the religious festival held there where loads of people became infected .

So your country france is under lockdown because I`m expecting help for lambing from a few students,if the UK is locked down sounds crazy to me this lockdown.

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted

I went to a farm shop today with a butcher in it.  He had loads of chicken.  I bought 2 stuffed chicken thighs some freshly made sausages and bacon. I think that if you goto a local butchers you will find what you want

• Like 2

Posted

My local Tesco unheard of this. My borough likely will be worst infected region in country with tomorrow’s update and people are freaking out in places with barely any cases.... London will see tsunami wave first. You folk outside London will have more time to prepare, a lot has happened in a week in capital. An air of unease, Central London is like a ghost town. 

• Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, Snowyowl9 said:

This is important can you drive on the roads.

Do you mean here in France .

Yes you can go out but have to fill a form in to confirm the reason and if you don’t have it it’s a 135 Euro fine.

Most people are staying in and trying not to pxss off the Gendarmerie ! 

I’d much rather deal with the UK police who tend to have better people skills !

Edited by nick sussex
  • Like 3

Posted
4 minutes ago, Wiltshire_snow_lover said:

watch sky news now... london lockdown is being talked about in government 

TELEMMGLPICT000228135937-xlarge_trans_Nv
WWW.TELEGRAPH.CO.UK

Boris Johnson insisted Britain remained a "land of liberty" but refused to rule out a draconian lockdown for London that is expected as early as the weekend.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
3 minutes ago, matty007 said:

Hello guys.

Had a sleep for a few hours. Awoke with quite achy limbs, and was sweating a lot. Just like I saw in most patients. Fever remains the same, and shortness of breath, about the same.

This places between a cold and flu in terms of severity for me. The general symptoms aren't all that severe. it is just the shortness of breath that gets you a bit. 

Can't say how much more severe it will get over time however, I've only just become symptomatic.

I would say the best thing you could do now is stay in bed, drink plenty and try to get as much sleep as you can. The less stress on the body the better when fighting a virus.

I guess you already know this though!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
4 minutes ago, Wiltshire_snow_lover said:

What do they mean by most shops? - so basically if you hadn't the money to go out and buy ridiculous amounts of stuff you are now going to starve - fantastic policy making there.

• Like 2

Posted
6 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

Do you mean here in France .

Yes you can go out but have to fill a form in to confirm the reason and if you don’t have it it’s a 135 Euro fine.

Most people are staying in and trying not to pxss off the Gendarmerie ! 

I’d much rather deal with the UK police who tend to have better people skills !

Yes but I found this video,the way things are going this is way over the top causing way more aniexty than the virus itself.

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and hot.
1 minute ago, CreweCold said:

I would say the best thing you could do now is stay in bed, drink plenty and try to get as much sleep as you can. The less stress on the body the better when fighting a virus.

I guess you already know this though!

Yep.

Off to do that very thing, speak to everyone tomorrow some time. If you don't hear from me, send a search squad

• Like 4

Posted
17 minutes ago, Donegal said:

Yet another country with a reasonable upward tick in their cases being reported, seen quite a few of these types of upswings today, looks like its getting hold in many places now where previously it was struggling.