IGNORED

COVID-19 Pandemic

6 minutes ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

Gary Neville. What an absolute hero ??‍♂️ 

What's he said?

Edit: seen this  - class move.

_111345951_gettyimages-1131875570.jpg
WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Former Manchester United defender Gary Neville is to open his hotels free of charge to health workers to help with the coronavirus crisis.

Edited by Onding

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days
2 hours ago, matty007 said:

Normal oxygen saturation is 95-98%. My 93% certainly indicates my oxygen levels are being effected.

Good luck Matty. By far from the most important thing but I hope you feel well enough to carry on posting on here.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
4 minutes ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

Gary Neville. What an absolute hero ??‍♂️ 

Briiliant

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy and frosty
10 minutes ago, Frost HoIIow said:

Either they're telling fibs about the deaths or for some reason the healthcare is of better quality than the NHS. I did read the other day that Germany has a lot more ICU's than the UK. So that's probably another reason.

I don’t know but I just wonder whether this is to do with coding.  I was for a while trained to do clinical coding.  Each hospital admission in the UK is coded clinically with an ICD10 code and, if appropriate an OPCS4 treatment code if a procedure or procedures were undertaken.  It is quite an involved role.  The primary code recorded is the condition primarily treated in hospital as indicated by the treating consultant.  Codes in secondary positions will record associated co-morbidities.  Haven’t coded for many years so I have no knowledge whether a written procedure has been laid out for recording COVID admissions yet.  There is not likely yet, I would have thought, a specific code created yet for the virus underpinning COVID.  I just wonder whether some countries are recording cases under the reason for admission, i.e., if a patient is admitted with exacerbation of COPD although COVID may have caused the exacerbation of the existing COPD, it is actually COPD that is recorded in the primary diagnostic code.  I didn’t do coding of deaths so cannot comment on those.    

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
19 minutes ago, Onding said:

Apologies for what is mere speculation on my part but I thought part of the reason was the figures for the deaths was only for those who had died from the virus without other underlying health conditions?

It is quite simple in my opinion, the question that has to be asked is, would this person have died within that space of time without contracting the virus, if the answer is no then the cause of death is coronavirus - any other way is just misleading and any figures derived any other way should be ignored.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes
1 minute ago, Bristle boy said:

A Prof from Imperial college on Sky News now.

He says that UK is actually ahead of both where Italy and Spain were, in implementing the restrictive conditions the UK govt announced today and yday.

So that dispels some of the claims made in the media and in here.

Surprised everyone?

No Boris did mention that Monday with the over 70s isolation

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

115614500_londonmapinfected.thumb.png.11b99a2b6894e9211871151376450370.png

Infographic of the spread of London cases (8 boroughs in the UK top 10).

Central/NW seems to be worst affected at the moment. The areas don't really correlate to higher population or higher population density, so other factors playing a role here. 

Edited by Stabilo19
typo
  • Like 2

Posted

Right, i need a break from this. Masterchef on in a mo, and i'm breaking my early week 'No Beer' strategy. First beer of the week coming right now, as opposed to Thursday. Laters

• Like 1

Posted

Lots of talk on the news about the modelling (ICL) saying it changes, even on a daily basis because more information is coming in all the time, I understand that, what I don't understand is that some people were posting in here saying that their schools would be closing this Friday TWO WEEKS AGO. Heard the same thing elsewhere too, all with exactly the same date!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bristle boy said:

He says that UK is actually ahead of both where Italy and Spain were, in implementing the restrictive conditions the UK govt announced today and yday.

Surprised everyone?

Our implementation is not strong enough yet.

London needs a lockdown this week.

Just now, DAVID SNOW said:

Lots of talk on the news about the modelling (ICL) saying it changes, even on a daily basis because more information is coming in all the time, I understand that, what I don't understand is that some people were posting in here saying that their schools would be closing this Friday TWO WEEKS AGO. Heard the same thing elsewhere too, all with exactly the same date!

The Friday date may well have come from a union leak. A date looks likely to have been discussed and agreed on beforehand, but kept schtum (though as you say there have been rumours for a while now).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: windy
14 minutes ago, Onding said:

What's he said?

Edit: seen this  - class move.

_111345951_gettyimages-1131875570.jpg
WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Former Manchester United defender Gary Neville is to open his hotels free of charge to health workers to help with the coronavirus crisis.

If he had been the first person from the sporting world to do it maybe, he like most are just joining in now that others are doing it...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms
2 hours ago, Stabilo19 said:

A growing number of rumours spreading now that London is heading for a lockdown, no doubt enhancing panic buying across the capital. 

Given all of the past measures were leaked to the media prior to being officially announced, then this London lockdown story is probably true. 

TELEMMGLPICT000228096381-xlarge_trans_Nv
WWW.TELEGRAPH.CO.UK

London is braced for lockdown as the Government prepares emergency legislation to prevent the spread of coronavirus, The Telegraph understands.

2 hours ago, Astral Goat Juice said:

I dont know what truth there is to this, but my mate is quite high up in the Army and they have been ordered to cancel all exercises and return to the barracks for further order.

And at the same time I heard Boris will address the nation tomorrow and tell the UK he is putting us on full lockdown for 15 days, with the army being deployed to protect from looters.

Could be BS, could be true, but most of my Army friends are on their way back.

Operation Broadshare.  Essential services only, and must have a reason to be travelling or doing something.   Speaking to a few in the know. 

21 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

A breakdown of the data from PHE is now available 

Local Authorities top 10 with the most confirmed cases

2. Southwark - 70

Does make you worry, but then having lived in Southwark all my life - the people here are disgusting.   Spitting on floors (yesterday), coughing without a care in the world and not covering mouths and people sneezing without doing it correctly as advised.   I just am not surprised. 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.
6 minutes ago, Bristle boy said:

Surprised everyone?

Not really, when I think about it - for example the UK was very pro-active in testing people as soon as there were hints that it was reaching this country, and the government has used evidence-based strategies which have involved progressively ramping up the restrictions, and has been willing to change its mind when presented with growing evidence that its original "mitigation" strategies were likely to result in too many deaths and cases with serious complications, rather than doing very little and then suddenly bringing in a lot of restrictions in a knee-jerk type of response.  It may not have always made the right decisions at the right times, but I have been impressed by the general approach.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms
10 minutes ago, Stabilo19 said:

115614500_londonmapinfected.thumb.png.11b99a2b6894e9211871151376450370.png

Infographic of the spread of London cases (8 boroughs in the UK top 10).

Central/NE seems to be worst affected at the moment. The areas don't really correlate to higher population or higher population density, so other factors playing a role here. 

See my above post. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Some experts are predicting Italy to peak between the 23rd and 25th. They suggest numbers will begin to stabilise between March 25th and April 15th.

Italy's full lockdown is due to end on the 25th though you would expect that to be extended by at least another week.

daca02273be9eed5c535339c0f6c0ecfb09adc53
WWW.FRANCE24.COM

Is Italy peaking yet? Experts urge patience

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, cold snowy winters, thunderstorms
1 hour ago, matty007 said:

Thank you, and thank you to everyone else for the support and kind words. I consider all of you good friends. I am upset I have it, but was largely inevitable, and I'll come through it just fine I am sure.

Take care guys, will send you an update when I've rested a little

Hi matty I have just come out of self isolation after possibly having the virus. It was scary to start (that cough was so annoying) but you will soon overcome it pretty quickly. All I advise now is to rest, play games, watch movies and read books etc in self isolation. Keep well hydrated, take some paracetamol and you will come out of this no problem. My attitude was let's get this over with. I now feel great again. Hang in there mate everything's going to be fine as long as you take your precautions and keep away from other people. Once you recover have a good clean out of the room you isolated in. Bedding washed immediately etc to get rid of any traces of the bug. 

• Like 6

Posted
4 minutes ago, Robbie Garrett said:

See my above post. 

Thanks Rob, and the poster got him compass wrong its central NW and not NE.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
12 minutes ago, DAVID SNOW said:

I'm sure it was always the plan, teachers brought my sons pack here today cause I'm ill he hasn't been in school, I'm pretty sure everyone will get them Friday. 

Posted
2 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

I'm sure it was always the plan, teachers brought my sons pack here today cause I'm ill he hasn't been in school, I'm pretty sure everyone will get them Friday. 

Okay then.

Holds head in hands lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers
19 minutes ago, The4Seasons said:

Hi matty I have just come out of self isolation after possibly having the virus. It was scary to start (that cough was so annoying) but you will soon overcome it pretty quickly. All I advise now is to rest, play games, watch movies and read books etc in self isolation. Keep well hydrated, take some paracetamol and you will come out of this no problem. My attitude was let's get this over with. I now feel great again. Hang in there mate everything's going to be fine as long as you take your precautions and keep away from other people. Once you recover have a good clean out of the room you isolated in. Bedding washed immediately etc to get rid of any traces of the bug. 

Don’t watch ‘Cats’ though 

it really is as bad as they say

• Like 2