Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

COVID-19 Pandemic

Posted
4 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Updated data for Italy by age groups for deaths.

0-9 - 0
10-19 - 0
20-29 - 0
30-39 - 7 (0.3%)
40-49 - 18 (0.8%)
50-59 - 65 (2.7%)
60-69 - 220 (9.2%)
70-79 - 856 (35.8%)
80-89 - 995 (41.6%)
90+ - 229 (9.6%)

Total 2,390* 

Male - 59.3%*
Female - 40.7%*

*8 deaths age group not known

Any data on ic requirement by age?

60:40 m:f  , same as China where it was attributed to men smoking more, it that the case in Italy too?

Edited by ArHu3
  • Like 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, Mike Poole said:

I think it is due to the time it might have to last for, that is they are worried about the other end of the period with most severe restrictions, this the period when I fully imagine I will have gone totally insane.  It is about timing the most draconian measures to coincide with the increase as it's about to peak, such that it doesn't peak too high, but people do comply with it while it is in place.  

So that is still to come.

@matty007 all the very best wishes, hope you come through this.

Yes, and I think if you put too many measures in once that can confuse people about what needs to happen. So far each day this week they have unveiled a new tactic to help slow down the virus and help people. I suspect tomorrow we will return back to the economy, and then maybe some harsher measures on Friday (that has been hinted several times by Boris that we will need to go further by the weekend).

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, cold!
5 minutes ago, kold weather said:

Yes, and I think if you put too many measures in once that can confuse people about what needs to happen. So far each day this week they have unveiled a new tactic to help slow down the virus and help people. I suspect tomorrow we will return back to the economy, and then maybe some harsher measures on Friday (that has been hinted several times by Boris that we will need to go further by the weekend).

Yes, that is precisely what I think will happen, and why I watch these Boris press conference events from behind the sofa.

Edited by Mike Poole
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers
1 minute ago, ArHu3 said:

Any data on ic requirement by age?

Nothing by age for ICU

Out of 12,171 cases;

• 46.2% of cases are mild
  • 24.5% of cases are severe
  • 4.6% of cases are critical 

The worst regions for total cases;

1. Lombardy - 17,712
  2. Emilia-Romagna - 3,391
  3. Veneto - 3,214
  4. Marche - 1,509

Regions with the lowest total cases;

1. Valle d’Aosta - 7
  2. Basilicata - 7
  3. Molise - 25
  4. Calabria - 45
  • Like 2

Posted
13 minutes ago, Man With Beard said:

A quite shocking day in the forum, not just because of the global situation but because all you in here are dropping like flies!!

Keep well everyone who is ill or worried about getting ill. Wishing you all the very best. Do update us if you feel well enough.

Who thought it would come to this even two weeks ago.

It really has been a very rough day. So many shocking reports that have come out so far today, for example Italy, Germany and the USA really exploding in cases today, and we likely won't be far off 20k cases reported today...it wasn't that long ago that that sort of figure would take a week.

Also not far off a 1,000 deaths (928 and that will go up this evening) today, quite shocking and starting to really mount up (average normal flu day worldwide would be about 1000-1100 deaths a day) so won't be long before we blast past that sort of figure. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

New York State apparently has had an increase of 1,008 new cases of coronavirus in a single day, taking the total to 2382, with 1339 in NYC alone.

This perhaps could be because of the increase of testing going on in the area. More testing will bring more positive cases. I think that unfortunately the number will increase significantly within the upcoming days. I think to flatten the curve, social distancing might help, but it might not flatten the curve immediately. I think a lockdown should be on the way because of this. It will start getting out of control. If anything, it already has gotten out of control.

Edited by Zak M

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
51 minutes ago, matty007 said:

No, it's Covid.

Sorry to here that look after yourself.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
1 minute ago, Snipper said:

Sounds pretty crass mentioning WW2

How so, everybody-else is doing it?

Edited by General Cluster
  • Like 5

Posted
19 minutes ago, kold weather said:

I can't be arsed to watch Bumbling Boris and co. He hardly says anything of use and is really being led by the companies and councils who making the decisions for him. So still failing to be pro-active.

Posted
1 minute ago, General Cluster said:

How so, everybody-else is doing it?

Chancellor Angela Merkel has addressed German citizens in a televised speech saying "since WWII there has never been a challenge for our country in which acting in solidarity was so very crucial"

Can think of many reasons of that alone 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: ☀️
29 minutes ago, ArHu3 said:

I'm beginning to realise that the ones that catch it first are the lucky ones, there'll still be plenty of ic beds and hospital staff and supplies for them until they recover. 

I hope you get well soon though

You can’t be serious? They don’t really know how to treat it yet. Six months from now we may be in a position where it is a manageable condition.

Posted
5 minutes ago, Snipper said:

Sounds pretty crass mentioning WW2

She is probably right though, this jhas the potenial to kill 100,000+ in one country if we don't play it correctly. I'd say that probably justifies such a statement.

In other news, Spain has now recorded 2900+ new cases...thats almost Italy's level...before Italy took it up another gear again.

105 total deaths today in Spain as well...hard to imagine we won't be seeing those sorts of figures in 7-10 days time.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
1 hour ago, Summer Sun said:

Dr Jenny Harries, Deputy CMO:

"We're moving up to 25,000 coronavirus tests a day. We are moving towards a home base test."

When, cause many could do with one now, so they know if they have it or not. I catch everything so no doubt will be self isolating again in a couple of weeks. 

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Saint coolio said:

You can’t be serious? They don’t really know how to treat it yet. Six months from now we may be in a position where it is a manageable condition.

It was actually a brutally honest statement. As the hospitals get more and more stressed the mortality rate will increase. If you got it and recovered even by luck you should be immune and once on your feet be able to help others without fear of infecting them.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers
1 minute ago, alexisj9 said:

When, cause many could do with one now, so they know if they have it or not. I catch everything so no doubt will be self isolating again in a couple of weeks. 

Within 4-weeks

Highest-priority cases being tested first ie those on the front line then it will move to other members of the public via a 'point-of-care swab test' outside of hospitals

Testing next week is expected to increase to the 10,000 per day level that was announced last week. It's currently around 5,000 per day.

Posted
43 minutes ago, Mike Poole said:

I think it is due to the time it might have to last for, that is they are worried about the other end of the period with most severe restrictions, this the period when I fully imagine I will have gone totally insane.  

No real point mentioning this any more, as it's too late, but I would maintain that harsher measures 1 week earlier in the beginning will mean those harsher measures being released several weeks earlier at the end. I suppose we'll find out if that's true in a couple of months by comparing different countries.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, cold!
2 minutes ago, Man With Beard said:

No real point mentioning this any more, as it's too late, but I would maintain that harsher measures 1 week earlier in the beginning will mean those harsher measures being released several weeks earlier at the end. I suppose we'll find out if that's true in a couple of months by comparing different countries.

Yes, comparing different countries post event will teach us something, but I hope we never have to use that learning again in my lifetime.   This is going to be the most horrendous year in my lifetime.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
14 minutes ago, kold weather said:

She is probably right though, this jhas the potenial to kill 100,000+ in one country if we don't play it correctly. I'd say that probably justifies such a statement.

In other news, Spain has now recorded 2900+ new cases...thats almost Italy's level...before Italy took it up another gear again.

105 total deaths today in Spain as well...hard to imagine we won't be seeing those sorts of figures in 7-10 days time.

To be honest i think that is a conservative estimate, could take that many lives even if we do play it correctly.

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Man With Beard said:

Yes you might be right or wrong.   Unfortunately I expect they didn’t ask for your phone number any more than mine for the advice we could have given. Not sure if we get a qualification for knowing best by being on this thread. I am sure we are both right. Well sort of

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
1 hour ago, matty007 said:

Normal oxygen saturation is 95-98%. My 93% certainly indicates my oxygen levels are being effected.

Don't know at the moment, but normally when I have it checked before after tysabri infusion, I'm at 100% I feel really good about that now.