Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

COVID-19 Pandemic

Posted

Germany having a very bad day with regards to new cases: +2,606

Also interesting to hear about compliance. It is stated that there needs to be high levels of compliance. Not sure its going down well enough at the moment, IMO we need to be just a little more heavy handed on people who are not following the rules about self isolation, etc.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
7 minutes ago, matty007 said:

Possibly, but I don't think so. I don't typically suffer with anxiety. I am conditioned not to.

I have taken my temperature and I am 37.7. Think I've got it guys....

Well can't remember what you do - or haven't seen it, are you a Doctor, you sound like it? if so you have to say it is highly likely you have it given the symptoms - really worried now you say it severely does for your breathing and your healthy as well, god knows what it will do to me - kill me probably.

8 minutes ago, Saint coolio said:

Well my kids aren't going in tomorrow or Friday now. Whats the point?

We had 72 (20% or so) of our school kids off today, including some who were sent home during the day. 

It'll be decimated tomorrow I reckon. Like you say, what's the point when you know home learning packs will be sent out and all you're doing is giving your kids an extra 2 days of potential infection? 

There will be many of course who will have no choice but to send their kids to school. For those and any others, we'll do our best  

Posted
1 minute ago, Summer Sun said:

Virus peaking faster than expected in the UK which is why schools are closing to 'flatten the curve'

I think thats been obvious for a few days now. Also, if you were to follow Italy's curve, you could see we were never 4 weeks behind them, at most 18 or so days at most.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

A growing number of rumours spreading now that London is heading for a lockdown, no doubt enhancing panic buying across the capital. 

Given all of the past measures were leaked to the media prior to being officially announced, then this London lockdown story is probably true. 

TELEMMGLPICT000228096381-xlarge_trans_Nv
WWW.TELEGRAPH.CO.UK

London is braced for lockdown as the Government prepares emergency legislation to prevent the spread of coronavirus, The Telegraph understands.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
1 minute ago, kold weather said:

I think thats been obvious for a few days now. Also, if you were to follow Italy's curve, you could see we were never 4 weeks behind them, at most 18 or so days at most.

Our percentage increases have actually been faster, we are only so far behind because we did the containment, test and track better.

Posted
2 minutes ago, kold weather said:

Germany having a very bad day with regards to new cases: +2,606

Also interesting to hear about compliance. It is stated that there needs to be high levels of compliance. Not sure its going down well enough at the moment, IMO we need to be just a little more heavy handed on people who are not following the rules about self isolation, etc.

Yeah based on what I'm seeing I think they are hugely underestimating the compliance which is why they keep finding themselves a week behind the virus every time. A forced London lockdown has to be done tomorrow. And please don't give advanced warning when lockdowns are done as that is an invitation for people to flee.

• Like 2

Posted
4 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Virus peaking faster than expected in the UK which is why schools are closing to 'flatten the curve'

Think most of us on here saw this coming... its beyond a joke if the western world took the actions me and a few others were saying we would be pretty much over it now.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and hot.

Normal oxygen saturation is 95-98%. My 93% certainly indicates my oxygen levels are being effected.

Edited by matty007
  • Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Brilliant, I really hope they develop this test and in high numbers. Then we can start testing large portions of the population and a better understanding of the true death rate can be found.

Additionally, we can test all health workers and all those that have had the disease can fully commit to helping others.  

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

This picture speaks a thousand words.

81BF22CF-FC45-477D-9D31-61D1EA9E84A6.jpeg

• Like 3

Posted
1 minute ago, BarnetBlizzard said:

Brilliant, I really hope they develop this test and in high numbers. Then we can start testing large portions of the population and a better understanding of the true death rate can be found.

Additionally, we can test all health workers and all those that have had the disease can fully commit to helping others.  

Yes it really is a huge game changer as has been mentioned, hopefully this can be brought out soon for all key workers and also any teachers/carers who are still working to support the kids of key workers, etc.

Waiting to see where France is today with regards to its numbers.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, nick sussex said:

So sorry to hear that . Get well soon. 

Thank you.

I will update as and when I can. Will have to notify everyone I have been in contact with.  I will feel so guilty if I have infected anyone, but I was asymptomatic until today.

I shall treat this as an experiment of this virus, and am interested to experience it's effects. At least I can enjoy immunity at the end of it.

• Like 9

Posted

Thank god I gave the loaf of bread to my fiancee to give to my elderly neighbour. Dear god.

Edited by matty007
  • Like 5

Posted
3 minutes ago, matty007 said:

Normal oxygen saturation is 95-98%. My 93% certainly indicates my oxygen levels are being effected.

I'm so sorry Matt.  Thinking of you and all the health workers who are standing at the gates of hell right now.  You and your colleagues are often massively underappreciated, right now we'd be totally lost without you.

I wish you a speedy recovery.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny
1 minute ago, matty007 said:

Thank god I gave the loaf of bread to my fiancee to give to my elderly neighbour. Dear god.

I think it's best that you keep a cool head and not to induce unnecessary worry or panic. 

I dont know what truth there is to this, but my mate is quite high up in the Army and they have been ordered to cancel all exercises and return to the barracks for further order.

And at the same time I heard Boris will address the nation tomorrow and tell the UK he is putting us on full lockdown for 15 days, with the army being deployed to protect from looters.

Could be BS, could be true, but most of my Army friends are on their way back.

• Like 3

Posted
7 minutes ago, BarnetBlizzard said:

What levels would be considered dangerous? 

I pray that you get over this quickly!

If it gets under 91-90% I would be truly worried, as this often indicates pnuemonia.

I will be fine honestly, but this really can leave you breathless.

Edited by matty007
  • Like 5

6 minutes ago, Zak M said:

This picture speaks a thousand words.

81BF22CF-FC45-477D-9D31-61D1EA9E84A6.jpeg

Desperately sad  Hearing that stores are introducing/have introduced maxes of 1-3 per item for shoppers to stop panic-buyers/hoarders. I'll believe it here when I see it - I don't think this is being enforced consistently yet on a national scale.

Ps, get well soon @matty007 - I hope the symptoms are as mild as can be and you recover quickly. You are a shining light of informative contribution on this board, stay safe and drink plenty of water mate  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
3 minutes ago, matty007 said:

Thank you.

I will update as and when I can. Will have to notify everyone I have been in contact with.  I will feel so guilty if I have infected anyone, but I was asymptomatic until today.

I shall treat this as an experiment of this virus, and am interested to experience it's effects. At least I can enjoy immunity at the end of it.

No need to feel guilty - its totally unavoidable - you are helping people to overcome illness, there is nothing you can do when you are up close to someone and you have to be with loads of people a day, was always gonna happen at some point.

• Like 3