Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

COVID-19 Pandemic

Posted
6 minutes ago, Mike Poole said:

Yes, but that is with noticeable symptoms in the first week too, I think, then a worsening.  It is those that never know they caught it that I was talking about.

But I agree the exponential growth by itself says the serious trouble starts next week.

"Serious trouble" by the weekend i reck.

Posted
Just now, kold weather said:

Restaurant footfall down 69% already, going to see many fall if the government doesn't continue to support things.

Also good to see Tesco rationing now, people clearly can't function properly.

I read that as "restaurant football" at least 3 times.

• Like 7

Posted
12 minutes ago, Man With Beard said:

I normally only click "like" if I strongly agree with a post, but it seems increasingly inappropriate to click "like" for these reasons, as I agree with what you and many are saying, but I don't like it!!

Not sure how the forum works, but the re-introduction of the "thank you" option/icon could be appropriate for this thread?

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow
9 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

All people will do is go in, get 3 of everything, put their shopping in the car, go back in again and get 3 of everything again and so forth. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms

I don't really understand the business world much,but could all the world financial markets  be put on hold with no trading? Sorry for my ignorance.

• Like 2

Posted

FTSE looks like it has support at 5,000, not breached below that level yet. 

Germany now up 1935 cases today, so they will be joining the 2,000 new cases club by the end of the day.

Netherlands up 346 and Austria up 314.

Keeping a close eye on the deaths, we know at least 1 has died in Scotland.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus
27 minutes ago, Ryukai said:

Whelp, We have a comet incoming (not at earth!) that's already 100x brighter than what was predicted called ATLAS (C/2019 Y4), and if it keeps on with the current increase would put it at -10 mag (think crescent moon brightness) in May, making it a daylight comet  Big bright green colored one too  

Can see the doomsayers really ramping up if it does  

Source:https://www.spaceweather.com/archive.php?view=1&day=17&month=03&year=2020

Cheers Ryu.....i always wanted a bobbly headed Spock for my 'ever more urgent bucket list'

• Like 3

Posted
Just now, Wiltshire_snow_lover said:

Trump acting like a true leader 

He does sometimes say some daft things and was way too slow off the mark, however some of the measures he has been talking about in the last couple of days now he has finally got the message are pretty good and something I feel like we need to follow here.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: ☀️
31 minutes ago, Ryukai said:

Whelp, We have a comet incoming (not at earth!) that's already 100x brighter than what was predicted called ATLAS (C/2019 Y4), and if it keeps on with the current increase would put it at -10 mag (think crescent moon brightness) in May, making it a daylight comet  Big bright green colored one too  

Can see the doomsayers really ramping up if it does  

Source:https://www.spaceweather.com/archive.php?view=1&day=17&month=03&year=2020

The way 2020 is shaping up, my money is on the comet

• Like 5

Posted
1 hour ago, swebby said:

1) What are the smoking demographics for Germany.

2) What are the demographics for co-morbidities in Germany?

Basically is Germany healthier?

Found this site with would smoking rates, Germany is pretty high with about 30% of the population

https://worldpopulationreview.com/countries/smoking-rates-by-country/

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Doesn't bode well here if you're seriously ill. We only have 20 seriously ill yet 71 deaths so either our NHS is in a dire position or the stats aren't being properly recorded. Could well be a combination of both.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
1 minute ago, Ryukai said:

Found this site with would smoking rates, Germany is pretty high with about 30% of the population

https://worldpopulationreview.com/countries/smoking-rates-by-country/

We found cure smoke like mad.

Posted
Just now, The PIT said:

We found cure smoke like mad.

There are SOME studies out there which suggest nicotine could block the pathways the virus needs to enter. 

obviously smoking is really bad for you so god knows.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers
1 minute ago, The PIT said:

Doesn't bode well here if you're seriously ill. We only have 20 seriously ill yet 71 deaths so either our NHS is in a dire position or the stats aren't being properly recorded. Could well be a combination of both.

The 20 seriously ill stat is around 1 week old from a presser with Boris and the CMO

• Like 2

Posted

Im sorry to say the Gov have thrown myself and potentially many many thousands of others with chronic illnesses under the bus.

We are told to carry out extreme social distancing but employers are making vunerable people like myself attend a workplace with hundreds of people if we have no sypmtoms.

When we get the virus it will already be too late.

I appreciate its a national emergency but i thought the plan was to protect people like myself.

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

32 new deaths in the UK

Yep, over 100 deaths now recorded. (104)

32 deaths is a new high and continues to keep us roughly on pace with what Spain recorded at a similar stage. Can only see things getting worse as well sadly.

Edited by kold weather
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

The number of confirmed cases of coronavirus in the UK has risen by 676 in the last 24 hours, the biggest daily leap, taking the total to 2,626. The latest number of UK deaths linked to COVID-19 has increased by 32 in the last 24 hours. Earlier it was confirmed that a third person with coronavirus in Scotland had died, taking the UK's total number of deaths to 72.

Why did the government change its stance? Scottish First Minister Nicola Sturgeon said: "It is with sadness this afternoon that I have to confirm the death of one more patient." As of 9am on Wednesday, 56,221 people had been tested for coronavirus in the UK, of which 53,595 were negative. There are now 227 confirmed positive cases of COVID-19 across Scotland, while the number of confirmed cases in Northern Ireland has risen by six to 68. In Wales, a further 13 people have been diagnosed with the virus, bringing the total number of confirmed cases there to 149.

More: 

skynews-coronavirus-empty-london_4950040
NEWS.SKY.COM

A third person with coronavirus in Scotland has died, taking the UK's total number of deaths to 72.

Posted
38 minutes ago, Spikecollie said:

Crikey, I have only just looked at the currency exchange numbers. The € is 1.08 to the £ - the lowest I have seen it in a very long time and $1.18 to the £.

I don’t really understand why the pound is suffering more than other currencies .

Loads of countries are going to pile on debt so it’s not like the UK is some outlier .

Posted
12 minutes ago, Azazel said:

There are SOME studies out there which suggest nicotine could block the pathways the virus needs to enter. 

obviously smoking is really bad for you so god knows.

Just to clear that up so that we don't all start smoking again (I'm tempted lol). The data from the studies suggested less smokers get infected as a percentage of the population.  However, of infected cases, compared to non-smokers, a significantly higher proportion of their cases become severe. So yes don't start smoking please.

Edited by Snowy L
  • Like 3