Cold?
IGNORED

COVID-19 Pandemic

Posted

Tested today: 5,779

Last three days:

New cases: +171, +407, +676

Tested: 3,826, 6,337, 5,779

Read that again testing is lower but yeah more cases ? Just how widespread is this ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
1 minute ago, northwestsnow said:

The Gov need to act now on the advice for people with underlying heath issues.

Work are forcing me to come in as i have no symptoms but Gov advice is for me to exercise extreme social distancing, i cant do that around 400 people!!

What can i do???

Your life is more important. Money is no use to you if you're dead.

• Like 6

Posted
1 minute ago, Snipper said:

Schools for key workers a good idea.  But then of course who is a key worker?  Yet more arguments how far it is extended. 

Yes, that is such a difficult one to call. Because at the moment I'd say delivery drivers must be thought as a key worker (without them, the whole thing collapses with food, etc). Yet whether they are thought that way, who knows!

NHS workers and auxiliary workers are definitely key workers, as are probably other emergency services. 

I suspect these discussions are being had right now.

London being ahead of the rest of the country suggests a lockdown for the city may not be far off, or at least as close to a lockdown as possible.

• Like 2

Posted

The supermarket situation close to me .

Security at the door , only a certain amount of people allowed in at any one time with a one in and one out policy. And social distancing in the queues.

Pharmacies and tabacs only allowing a max of 3 people inside at any one time.

Not sure what’s happening elsewhere though .

• Like 1

Posted

My sister teaches at a primary school in Kent. They are preparing packs for the kids to take home as are other schools.. my sis is worried about a school closure though, as at her school many of the kids parents work at the hospital down the road

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes
4 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

The Gov need to act now on the advice for people with underlying heath issues.

Work are forcing me to come in as i have no symptoms but Gov advice is for me to exercise extreme social distancing, i cant do that around 400 people!!

What can i do???

Do what the government are advising your life is more important, just go on the sick 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
2 minutes ago, beatpete said:

Agree I have friends still going down the pub...

Me too the pool league conti ued as normal last, without me of course. I've told my team I can't play for the foreseeable.. 

• Like 1

Posted
10 minutes ago, Spikecollie said:

I'll share this story with you as it has really hit home with me.

I went to visit one of my few remaining clients this morning - a man in his 70s with advanced Parkison's disease who finds it difficult to communicate, feed himself and manage his home. His house was once beautiful but is now delapidated. When I arrived, there were flies absolutely all over the kitchen and the floor was filthy along with a smell of rotting food. He was wearing Crocs covered in mud from having been in the garden and the mud was all over the floors and the on the coffee table where he rests his feet while watching drivel on the TV all day.

The reason is that he is now limited to one visit a day and as of an hour ago none. He gets a nurse visit in the evening but they don't do any cleaning or cooking. He is just about able to cook for himself but caused a frying pan fire a couple of weeks ago when I was there that I had to put out. Normally on  afriday myself and/or my colleagues prepare all this meals for the weekend and every day he gets a midday meal made and one for the evening.

I vacuumed the entire house and washed the floors and cleaned his shoes. I washed his face which was covered in dried food and saliva.

He has a cat for company but there was cat litter and cat poo all over the floor near it where he had tried to clean the tray.

This is just one person. How many more are there who are innocent but evident victims of this beastly situation?

Yes rubbish getting old.  It really gets to the point when you begin to wonder why so much is done to try extend an unhappy life. I know my mother was saying years ago “oh wish I could die I hate what is happening to me“. Now she has turned into a 105 year old doubly incontinent eating and sleeping machine. 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Another milestone of sorts. Europe has now passed China in terms of both confirmed cases and deaths. 

Posted
2 minutes ago, Boro Snow said:

Do what the government are advising your life is more important, just go on the sick 

Work are saying i have no symptoms so i should not be foning in sick.

What an absolute joke.

Clearly the Gov need to feed this advice to employers.

Edited by northwestsnow

Posted
2 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Oxford Mini Plant to cease production due to coronavirus from Monday until April 17th

What’s that?
Sorry just twigged on.  Bing a bit slow. 

Edited by Snipper

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
4 minutes ago, kold weather said:

Yes, that is such a difficult one to call. Because at the moment I'd say delivery drivers must be thought as a key worker (without them, the whole thing collapses with food, etc). Yet whether they are thought that way, who knows!

NHS workers and auxiliary workers are definitely key workers, as are probably other emergency services. 

I suspect these discussions are being had right now.

London being ahead of the rest of the country suggests a lockdown for the city may not be far off, or at least as close to a lockdown as possible.

It's possible they may go for a European lockdown in London while leaving the rest of the country relatively alone. That would allow them to trial the extent of measures needs and timeframe. London being seperated from other large cities by about 100 miles is an advantage here if they close the M25 and rail services.

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, Snipper said:

What’s that?

BMW Mini plant.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.
7 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

Your life is more important. Money is no use to you if you're dead.

Indeed no one should be put in any position where their lives are at risk. The law trumps “advice” unfortunately, so until laws are put in place to enforce social distancing, then the advice is worthless if employers don’t act in a reasonable manner.

Edited by Captain Shortwave
  • Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, Wiltshire_snow_lover said:

Indeed will care home workers for example be classed as a key worker? Not just nhs and ermegency staff also the factory workers making these shiny new ventilators

And super market staff too. 

• Like 4

Posted
Just now, Captain Shortwave said:

Indeed no one should be put in any position where their lives are at risk. The law trumps “advice” unfortunately so until laws are put in place to enforce social distancing then the advice is worthless if employers don’t act in a reasonable manner.

Im feeling very angry with my employer and this government right now.

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, summer blizzard said:

It's possible they may go for a European lockdown in London while leaving the rest of the country relatively alone. That would allow them to trial the extent of measures needs and timeframe. London being seperated from other large cities by about 100 miles is an advantage here if they close the M25 and rail services.

For now I wouldn't be shocked, much like they did with N.Italy, close down the Se of England (the commuter belt plus London) in a EU lockdown style (maybe not quite as restrictive yet) and then expand as when is needed (which in all fairness, probably wouldn't be far behind).

Spain now up 2093 cases, with 90 new deaths reported. Not as high as yesterday yet thankfully, but still bad.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.
35 minutes ago, Snipper said:

One of the problems of closing schools is what to do with the little darlings.  Let them wander round in rabid packs might not be the best answer?

well IF i get the nod, my little darling will be following a 'normal' routine like she has at school so she can do the work they set. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes
1 minute ago, northwestsnow said:

Work are saying i have no symptoms so i should not be foning in sick.

What an absolute joke.

That is shocking is it a call centre you work in, at the end of the day they cannot force you to go I would still phone in sick 

• Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Oxford Mini Plant to cease production due to coronavirus from Monday until April 17th

Are they one of the companies changing to ventilator production? 

Posted
Just now, Boro Snow said:

That is shocking is it a call centre you work in, at the end of the day they cannot force you to go I would still phone in sick 

No i work at a production plant with 400 people, i been told to sit on my own at break times...

wtf???

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

China have reported 13 new confirmed cases and 11 new deaths (all in Hubei) and 21 suspected cases.

922 more patients were discharged with 1014 released from self-isolation.

Posted
29 minutes ago, emax said:

You're missing it entirely. The number of ICU beds wont make any difference at this stage, compared to us at least. They could have 500million ICU beds, but if only 200 are occupied, it wouldnt make any difference to the patients outcome. The most likely factor is they are reporting only deaths that are a direct result of COVID, or their actual medical expertise is 3x better than anyone in the world, which is unlikely. It could even at a pinch be that they have a lot less cases than we do, but its all just guessing.

All I'm saying is, that the number of ICU beds wont make a difference until they're at capacity.

1) What are the smoking demographics for Germany.

2) What are the demographics for co-morbidities in Germany?

Basically is Germany healthier?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms
12 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

The supermarket situation close to me .

Security at the door , only a certain amount of people allowed in at any one time with a one in and one out policy. And social distancing in the queues.

Pharmacies and tabacs only allowing a max of 3 people inside at any one time.

Not sure what’s happening elsewhere though .

I went to Carrefour in Bénévant l'Abbeye on the way home from work this lunchtime (slight deviation but I have an attestation) to get some extra dog food that Mylo really likes. Plenty of dog food. Little soap, no toilet roll and meats and cheeses very low. Some pasta but only the more expensive brands. Chilled foods like ham and yoghurts seem to be disappearing too. One thing people sem to be ignoring regarding stocking up is laundry products - I have made sure I have enough to wash clothes for a month but haven't hoarded. Cashiers were wearing plastic gloves but not changing them after each customer - clearly ignoring the ability of the virus to survive on plastic and unlike my local shop they were not disinfecting the card machine after each use. I made a point of using my sanitiser after touching the machine and I hope it was noted.

Very quiet on the roads around here today but I didn't encounter and checkpoints.

EDIT: I'm sitting in the glorious sunshine outside at the moment and about to do some gardening...

Edited by Spikecollie
  • Like 1