Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

COVID-19 Pandemic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms

I'm going to bed to snuggle up with doglet and dream of happy things.

Hope you all can dream of happy things too...

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
12 minutes ago, Spikecollie said:

Yes, I'm pretty proud of my body for a 54 year old! I have used the hills around here as my "green gym" for running and cycling and they provide perfect interval training. I wasn't always like this but now I respect my body and love how it feels to be fit and healthy. No one knows though, what this affliction could do to them.

Keep up the good work for your body, our health and fitness is all we have got against this (as I keep saying) "thing that has come among us". Stocks of toilet paper won't hack it!

BTW: unlike two days go, OH reports that the local Sainsbury's was totally devoid of stock. Everything from meat and pasta to bog roll. He talked to a senior staff member who said it was crazy but that they restock every night just to be stripped again the next day. Where could all the meat be going? Have people bought extra freezers and put them in their garages? I think there is a lot of wastage going on and that is shameful...

I went into Tesco after work today...Intention was to buy a half-bottle of vodka, some tonic water and a tin of curry -- apart from the voddy, the place was stripped bare. Let's just say that I had a wee word with the Fokkers!

Edited by General Cluster
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

This is bizzare:

Edited by pip22
  • Like 1

Posted
32 minutes ago, kold weather said:

Oh no I've developed a cough over the last couple of hours. I'm hoping its just an asthmatic cough that I do sometimes get when seasons are changing (I am somewhat prone in Spring in particular) however if it carries on much longer I may be into self isolation. We will see!

Keep us posted, hope those pesky school children haven't contaminated you!! 

Mind you, I've never been so paranoid about my health. Every time something seems a little odd with me I'm thinking "Have I got it?" And when I'm feeling fine, I'm thinking "Am I one of the lucky ones who's got it with no symptoms?" Such a bizarre virus! 

• Like 1

Guest Delete Me

Big respect to the local shops, the small retailers and the Indian / sikh community for their contribution and help towards the elderly and vulnerable up and down the country.

Posted
33 minutes ago, The PIT said:

Stress related Asthma most likely and the air is also fairly dry which doesn't help. So hopefully you'll wake up tomorrow with zero coughs.

Quite possibly, if its still here tomorrow morning then it will be something else other than that asthma cough. For now that seems the most likely culprit though rather than coronavirus, the only thing giving me pause is I have had some contact with someone who has since displayed classic symptoms. 

Posted
11 minutes ago, Man With Beard said:

Keep us posted, hope those pesky school children haven't contaminated you!! 

Mind you, I've never been so paranoid about my health. Every time something seems a little odd with me I'm thinking "Have I got it?" And when I'm feeling fine, I'm thinking "Am I one of the lucky ones who's got it with no symptoms?" Such a bizarre virus! 

Well I was most of last week with a knee injury. I think if I have got something, I have a pretty good idea where it has come from!

But your right, whenever I've coughed I though maybe, but then brushed it away. This is the first time though I've seriously considered it.

To be honest, I'd rather have it now, as it would make life easier down the line.

Edited by kold weather
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any kind of extremes. But the more snow the better.

A lot being said about the state of our supermarkets, perhaps now is the time for those hoarders and selfish gits to think of others!! Come on guys... Anyone reading this as a guest or a lurker and is guilty of mass panic buying.... This is not nuclear war, where we will be in a bunker for 12 months due to radiation... Then I could understand the mass loo roll buying, there would be a few sore backsides I would imagine. I went to sainsbury yesterday at 2.30pm...there delivery was at 2pm...here are some of the shelfs half hour later... Get a grip please. 

And last but not least, the 1st person to treat herself like guinee pig for human trials of the vaccine... Your a star ma'am, you deserve a knighthood for putting yourself on the line. 

IMG_20200316_150933.jpg

IMG_20200316_150232.jpg

26037670-8120501-A_pharmacist_gives_Jennifer_Haller_left_the_first_shot_in_the_fi-a-62_1584443905388.jpg

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

Quite an uptick in the number of people wearing face masks around London today. Unfortunately - most are those thin surgical masks and some people have also started wrapping scarfs around their faces: WTF? 

Folks, please don't waste your time/money with covering your mouth/nose unless your mask has a decent filter. Viruses are TINY. They can fit through the holes of your scarf and those surgical masks. 

Oh and don't get me started on those surgical latex gloves people are starting to wear on the tube (..while constantly touching their face and their phones). Arrrgghh! 

Edited by Stabilo19
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers
10 minutes ago, Mattwolves said:

A lot being said about the state of our supermarkets, perhaps now is the time for those hoarders and selfish gits to think of others!! Come on guys... Anyone reading this as a guest or a lurker and is guilty of mass panic buying.... This is not nuclear war, where we will be in a bunker for 12 months due to radiation... Then I could understand the mass loo roll buying, there would be a few sore backsides I would imagine. I went to sainsbury yesterday at 2.30pm...there delivery was at 2pm...here are some of the shelfs half hour later... Get a grip please. 

And last but not least, the 1st person to treat herself like guinee pig for human trials of the vaccine... Your a star ma'am, you deserve a knighthood for putting yourself on the line. 

IMG_20200316_150933.jpg

IMG_20200316_150232.jpg

26037670-8120501-A_pharmacist_gives_Jennifer_Haller_left_the_first_shot_in_the_fi-a-62_1584443905388.jpg

I second this. The staff at Sainsburys almost looked embarrassed that the bread and veg aisles were literally stripped bare.

who needs all this stuff? People panic buying are literally making a crisis ten times worse. There’s no reason for it

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes
28 minutes ago, Spikecollie said:

I'm going to bed to snuggle up with doglet and dream of happy things.

Hope you all can dream of happy things too...

fais de beaux reves

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, kold weather said:

Oh no I've developed a cough over the last couple of hours. I'm hoping its just an asthmatic cough that I do sometimes get when seasons are changing (I am somewhat prone in Spring in particular) however if it carries on much longer I may be into self isolation. We will see!

OH is exactly the same this evening. Took his antihistamine that usually controls it but didn't work. So on to the blue asthma inhaler which took a while to work but he's finally feeling better. As you say, allergies start to ramp up now. Hope you get better. 

Posted

Interesting comment from the Chief Scientific Advisor regarding risk factors for developing the more severe phase of this disease ARDS. Old age and co-morbidities are well known, but he also said there is evidence that initial dose of virus that you are exposed to is a risk factor. This would go some way to explaining why young healthcare workers have had a disproportionally higher amount of severe cases compared to the general population.

*this is just speculation from me so don't take it seriously* I think this also gives credence to the theory that ibuprofen can make the disease worse. If you're upregulating the receptor that the virus attaches to then that could mean you receive a higher dose of virus.

Edited by Snowy L
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
16 minutes ago, HighPressure said:

Really staggered to see this? This concert took place 48hrs ago in Cardiff by the 'stereophonics'

stereo.jpg

Just wow, I hope everyone was well, one hell of a cluster right there. Along with Cheltenham and anything else. 

• Like 2

It is realy difficult to have faith in UK government advice when only 5 days ago they recommended that people over 70 should avoid cruises !

Now they have U-turned and gone from 'Herd Immunity' to lockdown

Valuable days were wasted by there indecision

Most people knew Cheltenham should have been cancelled

In the previous briefing they used the excuse of the WHO decalaration of pandemic to change course

Valuable days were wasted and many of us will pay with our lives

• Like 1

Posted

This panic buying is crazy. I can understand some of it with people perhaps working from home and maybe need loo rolls and food that would otherwise normally be at work but the excessive hoarding is rediculous.

• Like 2

Guest Delete Me

NEW: Australia declares human biosecurity emergency, advises against all international travel, and bans non-essential gatherings with more than 100 people indoors

Posted
8 minutes ago, SnowBear said:

This panic buying is crazy. I can understand some of it with people perhaps working from home and maybe need loo rolls and food that would otherwise normally be at work but the excessive hoarding is rediculous.

I have a relation working in transport at a large Tesco warehouse, he said the warehouse is  stacked with goods, it's just like Christmas, Its store managers to blame, it will lead to war time  rationing  of panic buying continues

• Like 2

Posted

This country is going down the pan....morally...

think of others, your neighbours, the elderly, the vulnerable....

so many are just stockpiling and being greedy.... 

the mind boggles.... life is precious...commodities seem more so

stop buying everything so the rest can buy something When we go out once a week

tomorrow is another day.... think people think of others

• Like 3

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
1 minute ago, clactongaz said:

I have a relation working in transport at a large Tesco warehouse, he said the warehouse is  stacked with goods, it's just like Christmas, Its store managers to blame, it will lead to war time  rationing  of panic buying continues

Most orders are made automatically at places like Tesco, I’m not sure why your blaming the store managers for customers behaving like they are retarded.

• Like 3