Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

COVID-19 Pandemic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes

Thanks for concern the young man is heading to puivert and is part hitching to Lyon and somebody with road pass from there due to the lockdown but surely will be safe tomorrow when his phone is charged and arrives safe.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Skullzrulerz said:

Very concerning about America 

Personnely I don't really understand these type of charts but it looks for the most part were under this 33% growth which a positive 

Whether it actually makes a lot of difference or not, but if you go by the population size, USA isnt doing as bad considering they have a population of over 300million, vs the bigger European countries at around 60-70 million. Spain only has 40-50 million, so they are in the lead in that respect. Again, thats assuming cases per population is relevant vs overall cases.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

Alberta declared a state of emergency about an hour ago.

cpt10144134-1.jpg?quality=70&strip=all&w
GLOBALNEWS.CA

Premier Jason Kenney declared a state of public health emergency in Alberta, banning gatherings of more than 50 people and imposing widespread restrictions aimed at preventing the spread of...

Edited by cheeky_monkey
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Wiltshire_snow_lover said:

A vaccine before winter would be a huge win. Massive caution needs to be exercised though as rigorous testing has to green light this first - that takes many months and doesn't guarantee smooth passage towards an effective vaccine in that time. One has to hope though  

Posted
27 minutes ago, WillinGlossop said:

Thank you

people need to take a step back and just be more realistic take to time to appreciate what they have and be more altruistic to those around them... 

currently panic and anxiety are getting out of hand in the wider public... a couple of people locally have taken their lives near here due to worry/anxiety/problems exacerbated by the current crisis... extremely sad

So sorry to hear about your circumstances. I know how that feels, my dad is in the twilight of his life with multiple myeloma.

Some of us can’t help being anxious. Believe me, we are trying! I wish I could just turn it off but obviously that’s simply not possible.

The last few days have been the most constantly stressed/anxious/scared I’ve probably been of anything and I know there is a long long road ahead of me. I also know I have to help myself by taking a step back from time to time and thinking positively. Even in the worst case scenario, I don’t want to go out with a whimper, I want to go down swinging so I need to look after myself to give myself the best possible chance.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
2 minutes ago, Onding said:

A vaccine before winter would be a huge win. Massive caution needs to be exercised though as rigorous testing has to green light this first - that takes many months and doesn't guarantee smooth passage towards an effective vaccine in that time. One has to hope though  

Agreed.  Massive "if" here, but it would be a massive positive if we could start vaccinating before winter, as it would be useful in reucing the severity of the inevitable second wave of the virus.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

I see my work place well my department is still being stupid expecting people to still turn up and have face to face trouble shooting with staff. 90% of our jobs can be done remotely and most of the staff we support our now working from home. Server teams can also do the job remotely. So no real reason why they are willing to put staff at risk.

• Like 3

Posted
1 minute ago, The PIT said:

I see my work place well my department is still being stupid expecting people to still turn up and have face to face trouble shooting with staff. 90% of our jobs can be done remotely and most of the staff we support our now working from home. Server teams can also do the job remotely. So no real reason why they are willing to put staff at risk.

Some bosses/companies have a genuine irrational phobia of letting staff work from home.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes
Just now, Donegal said:

Irish Taoiseach/Prime minister is doing a live address at 9pm. Rumour is we will have lockdown similar to France etc. But only a rumour. Time will tell. 

This is it, I cant believe if its lockdown such a lovely warm sunny paddys day today in Dublin, so many people outside making the most of our proudest day.

• Like 1

Posted
10 minutes ago, Azazel said:

So sorry to hear about your circumstances. I know how that feels, my dad is in the twilight of his life with multiple myeloma.

Some of us can’t help being anxious. Believe me, we are trying! I wish I could just turn it off but obviously that’s simply not possible.

The last few days have been the most constantly stressed/anxious/scared I’ve probably been of anything and I know there is a long long road ahead of me. I also know I have to help myself by taking a step back from time to time and thinking positively. Even in the worst case scenario, I don’t want to go out with a whimper, I want to go down swinging so I need to look after myself to give myself the best possible chance.

I can sympathise - I have health anxiety and this is pretty unpleasant to say the least.

• Like 3

Posted
5 hours ago, BornFromTheVoid said:

According to the Irish health service it's fake.

WWW.HSE.IE

The HSE is advising anyone with Covid-19 to continue to take any medication you were already taking, unless you are told not to by a healthcare professional.  This includes anti-inflammatories (NSAID)...

Not spoken to my source but it's still out there as per NHS Wales PR .... 

spacer.png
WWW.GOOGLE.COM

Health officials have changed their guidance on the popular anti-inflammatory tablets in the wake of the Covid-19 outbreak

Edited by beatpete

Posted
Just now, chrisbell-nottheweatherman said:

I can sympathise - I have health anxiety and this is pretty unpleasant to say the least.

Positive vibes to you my friend and to everyone on this wonderful forum. We’ll get eachother through it. 

• Like 7

Posted
4 minutes ago, Azazel said:

Positive vibes to you my friend and to everyone on this wonderful forum. We’ll get eachother through it. 

Cheers Azazel.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Donegal said:

Great news about potential vaccine. Hopefully the Germans save the day. 

There's several potential vaccines being tested out there in the world, so its not just Germany.

Edited by emax
  • Like 2

Posted
7 minutes ago, Azazel said:

Some bosses/companies have a genuine irrational phobia of letting staff work from home.

Might be they are thinking, quite wrongly of course, their staff are making postings on social media instead of working

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms
6 minutes ago, emmett garland said:

This is it, I cant believe if its lockdown such a lovely warm sunny paddys day today in Dublin, so many people outside making the most of our proudest day.

Sorry, with my first reply I didn't even notice you were in Ireland!

I used to live in Bray, I remember many happy St.Patrick's days going into Dublin and watching the parade. Sad for you - but we'll all get through this together.

Lá Fhéile Pádraig sona daoibh.

3 minutes ago, emax said:

There's several potential vaccines being tested out there in the world, so its not just Germany.

You'd think one would be successful   Having done more reading around about testing though - autumn looks impossible for a mass rollout of any successful vaccine - there simply isn't enough time given everything that has to happen before mass production. We need to get the fanciful idea of a pre-winter cure out of our minds and focus on the here and now, IMO.

Posted
4 minutes ago, Snipper said:

Might be they are thinking, quite wrongly of course, their staff are making postings on social media instead of working

Even if they are, it’s really not hard to track a persons productivity etc and lets be honest, most of them, myself included, do it in the office anyway!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
11 minutes ago, chrisbell-nottheweatherman said:

In my day (mid-late 1970s) health anxiety wasn't caused by the Internet, but by reading Pear's Medical Encyclopaedia: you'd be surprised at just how many terminal illnesses are entirely asymptomatic...I was a nervous wreck!

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Dunno why Bonzo hasn't introduced rationing well I'm not surprised to be honest.

When will the horders stop? When they can't get in their house?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Wiltshire_snow_lover said:

6 am rush on toilet isles at tesco

Yep, I've tried three times to attempt to 'time it right', including at 7am this morning, just to get a few essentials that I'll likely be running low on by week's end but nope, shelves are empty.

I suppose it'd be pointless going very late at night as they don't re-stock until pre-morning opening time. I'll swing by my local newsagent tomorrow.